Impiana Hotel Ipoh
$66
$431
$283
$28
Symphony Suites Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
Ipoh French Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$31
$24
Priceline
Hotel Station 18(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$15
$11
$230
$100
Trip.com
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$31
$27
MU Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$48
$38
Trip.com
M Boutique Hotel, Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$46
$39
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscucur udangroom was spaciouswater pressurefront officeone night staystrategic locationpleasant stayipoh townenvironmentmalaysia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hotel stay - Based on the response by the management for past reviews, I understand that this hotel is 26 years old and the management is trying to maintain the heritage status.. but it is really in an urgent need for some serious refurbishment. Even the bathroom, which I suspect was renovated a short while ago, is showing signs of aging with leaking taps and spoilt knobs. A replacement on some of the furniture, safe and fridge, a fresh coat of paint/change of wallpaper will actually do the trick and some maintenance on the taps will do the trick.

Service -
1st night checked in - no bath towels, no face towels, no hand towels, no floor towels, no slippers, no bottled water, no toothbrush - had to call to request for it.
2nd night - 02 x bath towels, 02 x face towels, no floor towels, no hand towels, no bottled water - had to call to request for it, plus an additional bath towel for the kid. was given beach towels instead.
3rd night - 02 x bath towels, 01 x floor towel, no face towels, no hand towels, no bottled water - called to request for towels, gave up on asking for water and went to nearby supermarket to buy instead..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
E-Fay C, Guest Relations Manager at Impiana Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear kokwhye,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Impiana Hotel Ipoh and taking time to share your comments.

As a much-valued guest your feedback is important to us as it does help us to improve the services and facilities we provide. We take all constructive comments very seriously and we are particularly concerned to read of your comments.

We will be sure to share your feedback with our Engineering and Housekeeping team to ensure that the services that we provide at the Impiana Hotel Ipoh will be consistent and up to standard.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Impiana Hotel Ipoh again in the future.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed one night,bad experience,poor maintance for this property,everything looks so old,is very hard to unlock and push the room door to open.and the water from bathtub is not clean,need to wait the dirty water flow out few minutes.the photos provided by the management are too much different from the actual environment.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank George99malaysia
E-Fay C, Guest Relations Manager at Impiana Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear George99malaysia,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Impiana Hotel Ipoh and for taking the time to share your comments.

Many guests have commented on the improvements to the club rooms, business lounge and the poolside. Nonetheless we are making efforts in upgrading and at the same time, maintaining its heritage status as being a 26 year old iconic building in Ipoh. For future reference, we do offer Club Rooms which includes Club Lounge facilities. Please mention this when booking and we will be more than happy to accommodate you accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Impiana Hotel Ipoh.

E-Fay and all of us from the Impiana Hotel Ipoh
e.fay@impiana.com

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights, Two rooms next to each other but not connected 306 and 307 with nice swimming pool view. Upon arrival, we parked the car right in front of the entrance to drop off all the luggage. Nobody greet us, I saw so many bellman but all of them was pretending like they didn't see us. until I managed to make eyes contact to one of them and waved asking for the cart. It was a bit off from my expectation as I heard they have "the best" concierge team in town. Check in was fast, as the organizer from JKR already have all the keys. The room is Spacious and clean with really cozy beds but toilet was stained. They have 2 door latches in the room but both of it is broken (see picture). I was worry because they still use the old fashioned key not the key card system. They forgot to clean the water kettle in the room. probably from the previous guest. But I think their housekeeping team did a got job in delivering items to guest room, I requested for a rug, an adaptor plug and room dining menu and it took less then 5 mins. The first night before I went to sleep, I requested for a wake up call at 6.00 a.m. they didn't do it, cause me to missed my morning prayer too. I called the operator to ask what happen and she said there was no record found in wc sheet and apologized. well, its okay.. I shouldn't rely others to wake me up for prayer but anyhow that is the service offered. We had our breakfast at the coffeehouse, the foods were excellence. It just that the coffeehouse staff never smile and greet the guest. After breakfast, I went to the reception counter and requested for a newspaper. The grumpy GSA who was busy like updating "so many" reg cards at 10.00 in the morning pretended to jot down my room number but end up by simply pointed me to the concierge counter. I told them my room number but never received the newspaper. At 12.00 p.m, as we went out to Tambun I remind them about the newspaper again along the way out and still.. there was no newspaper in the room as I came back at 5.00p.m. At night, we had our dinner at the 'no staff will smile coffeehouse' and the foods were fantastic!. the waiters will only clear the plates and never refill the water unless you request. then, they will give u the "look".. the look to make you feel sorry. Next morning, they woke me up by knocking my door. I don't know what happen to our wake up call but I really appreciate the initiative. We called for luggage down, surprisingly it took less then 1 min. After all, I enjoyed my stay there because of the great location. special thanks to the trainee with glasses who make the best omelette, Yaya and the waiter with messy hair who sent the food to our room, thanks for a very fast room dining service. Nita the operator, and a very friendly staff (indian guy) who in charge for the towel at the swimming pool area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank syazrinzulfakar
MarkImpianaIpoh, General Manager at Impiana Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Greetings from Impiana Hotel Ipoh!

As a much-valued guest your feedback is important to us as it does help us
to improve the services and facilities we provide and we are therefore
extremely concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations.

Here at the Impiana Hotel Ipoh, we take all constructive comments very
seriously and we are particularly concerned to read of your comments. We pride ourselves in excellent customer care and service at The Impiana Hotel Ipoh and anything less is not
acceptable. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the food served at our
Coffee House and we are glad to note that our staff have been helpful and
attentive.

We understand that your stay had not been flawless but we sincerely hope
that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to restore your faith in us
and experience the service and dedication of a premier 4 star business hotel
in Ipoh.

Best Regards and hope to meet you personally on your next visit.

Mark Rummery, E-Fay and all of us at The Impiana Hotel Ipoh

Reviewed November 28, 2012

staying in this hotel was a great experience...love the environment, food and life band...i still remember the nice guy standing infront of the glass door, smilling and putting his arm in his heart, welcoming me warmly..appreciate this alot because we can feel his hospitality..please keep this on..for the experience of life band, excellent..food is great too...we will definately visit it again..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Candy S
E-Fay C, Guest Relations Manager at Impiana Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Candy S

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you appreciate the warm welcome our Concierge team provided. Here at the Impiana Hotel Ipoh, we strive to always deliver the highest level of services.

We appreciate your recommendation of us to Tripadvisor readers and look forward to welcoming you back to the Impiana Hotel Ipoh very soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Strategic location, near to town and convenient.
The food in the Bistro restaurant is yummy.
We celebrated a friend's birthday in the restaurant during the stay.
It was an unforgetable experience.
The service is good and attendants are polite and friendly.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank PKChow
E-Fay C, Guest Relations Manager at Impiana Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear PKChow,

Thank you for taking the time to share your praising feedback regarding your recent visit.

It is with great pride that we read your kind comments about the staff being helpful and friendly.

We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Impiana Hotel Ipoh that you were pleased with the staff, facilities and food we offered, especially at our restaurant The Bistro where our Celebrity Chef Volkmar has just introduced his new Italian menu, serving fabulous dishes at value for money pricing. We hope you and your friends enjoyed the night and had a great birthday celebration.

We would like to thank you for your personal recommendation and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Best Regards