“Just another place to "crash"”
Review of Impiana Hotel Ipoh

Impiana Hotel Ipoh
Ranked #56 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I went to this hotel for a business trip in Ipoh. It looks nice from outside but I was quite upset with the room that I got. It is not the price that i'm willing to pay for the type of room they gave. We were promised to get a room facing the pool, but instead we got a room facing the road. It was fine with me but the air-conditioned was bad, and to make it worst the bedroom window is not firmly closed. Plus the house-keeping even forget to accomodate us with the complimentary shampoo. I did not made any complaints that night because I was too tired of work and I really need to sleep but if I could turn back time, I would check out almost instantly after I got the room key. The room is expensive but the room was not properly maintain. If you are looking for a hotel to stay in Ipoh, please avoid this one. Put it as your last choice. No value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for Impiana Hotel Ipoh

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Carpark drive up was confusing and disorientated. Underground carpark safety leaves a lot to be desired as it appeared dark and wet.

Lobby looks its age, old and tired. Corridor leading to room was also old and tired. Room looked worse than the corridor, old beddings, stained bathtubs, challenging toilet bowls. Room was poorly lit, and I knew the reason why, if it had been any brighter and clearer, the occupants would be sleeping on the corridor due to the evident filth in the room.

Breakfast spread was limited and not good. Pool looks dirty, stained and should be avoided at all costs. Gym however, though small, was clean and new (like most Hotel gyms do due to low usage).

But there was one thing I like after this horrific experience, and that was leaving.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank MELAKABAGUS
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have just returned from an excellent 3 night stay at the Impiana in Ipoh. I have visited Ipoh on previous business trips and found the hotels there very average. I booked the Impiana on the recommendation of a friend and will now make it my base for all future visits. I stayed in a Club room which had been recently refurbished to a very high standard and included free internet access and use of the business lounge.
The food is superb in particular the Sunday Brunch in the Bistro- they make all of their own deserts, memorable!
Overall, great value for money.

Room Tip: The club rooms are very good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My family were here for just one night. It was clean and comfortable, furnishings were a bit old but the important things such as bed, bath were upgraded well.

Our room overlooks the racetracks and was real serene.

We stayed in a premier deluxe room which gave us much space in the room with a king bed. We were disappointed that there were no handtowels, floor towels. They did not provide bottle water unless you purchase from he hotel down at the bistro.

The swimming pool looked like they were not cleaned for a week. It was just a basic pool.

Parking was easy.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 24, 2011

the rooms all have a view , either you have the background of the limestones and the turf club or you have the city with the limestones. My room was spacious, all basic amenities were there and access to the city and shopping centers were nearby.
I had dinner at the bistro and the salmon was absolutely fantastic. The bistro is a really nice place to chill and they had wi-fi. Except for the room service which was delayed, i pretty much had a great time for the price i paid.
I recommend a poolside barbecue on weekends, would be great! Having stayed in various hotels in ipoh on my business trips, i would recommend this hotel, to any business travelers.

Room Tip: 316 was the room i stayed in... (16) view is good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jameskg
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I am on holiday at the moment and have always loved coming back to Ipoh and Impiana is where I always end up staying. I was pleasantly surprised to see the newly refurbished hotel. It was as if a breath of fresh air swept thru it. I love to eat and I found the Deli absolutely delightful! Their croissant was lovely and I simply loved the shortbread cookie they serve with the coffee. It melts in the mouth. But I was so disappointed -- when they won't sell the whole jar to me :)
The PR Manager Ms Anne Das was very helpful and showed us around. (I was having a nice relaxing brunch with some expat lady friends and she cheerfully offered to show us around)
If you want authentic Malay food, the Terrace serves quite the buffet. Value for money. I haven't experienced the Bistro dining yet, and I will do so for sure.

Even the pool area is much nicer now, I can sit by the pool with a book, and get some tan, happily, undisturbed!

Being back in Ipoh has made it all worthwhile with the new look this hotel has now! Good job Impiana!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sunlover2705
Reviewed November 17, 2011

stayed for a night. workers were friendly and polite. pool site were not very pleasant as i guess was under repair... the jacuzzi was not working. but i guess they should add up more variety of food for menus.. and the gym equipment were out of order, need to do something abt that..
above all the hotel is clean. great location and quiet. good enough for family vacation for a short stay

• Stayed: November 2011