“Good for holiday at Ipoh”

Heritage Hotel Ipoh
Ranked #51 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The facilities are visitors friendly. Front desk staff are helpful and polite.
Breakfast is full of choice for everybody. However, the shower tap is not convenient for use. It rains when turn on. The Chinese restaurant is good for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank KYNG

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been staying in this hotel for > 4 trips, past 2 years.
Prosperous Seafood Restaurant located on the same floor as the hotel reception.
Be careful in dining there!!!
I ordered simple Bihun fish soup for 2 persons on 24 Feb 2014 (the Bill # CS0000018906 @ 20:55:14 Table #53). The bill cost RM115.55 with tea.

This is really a cheating. I had reported to hotel reception Duty Manager on with copy receipt on 26 Feb 2014 @ 10:46 am.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MatthewLee2014
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I chose this hotel after reading a Tripadvisor review that the rooms had been renovated. Well they have, but there is still more to do. The room was clean and well furnished, except for an upright desk chair that looked as though it should have been thrown away years ago (see my photo), and the refrigerator was dirty and mouldy - i later showed both of these items to the duty manager and he agreed with my complaint. I was on a working holiday and i needed to be able to access my e-mail, but the wifi was so weak and intermittent that i never managed to make a useful connection. Same for the tv - there was an Astro Catalogue in the room, but that only served to tempt us as we could only find about eleven channels and all but a few were unwatchable. The bathroom with its modern walk-in shower was lovely, but my wife and i would have liked to have been given a hand towel each. That was it for the room, because there was no written material to explain the hotel services and facilities, so we did not know if we were missing anything (i certainly did not find the underground car parking until we left!).
On the plus side, the staff were helpful and friendly and there was a welcome drink of chilled fruit juice when we arrived,
The big disappointment was breakfast. The juice we were offered was an orange squash - not the fruit juice we had been given on arrival - come on Heritage, this is Malaysia and fruit juice is cheap and plentiful. Worse to come. There was a station with two staff cooking eggs and omelettes, except that they were not! I asked for an omelette and was given one already cooked. I asked for a hot one and the woman said she would reheat it. I said i wanted a new one and she said 'No'. So i took my cold omelette, but i did not eat it. My wife also went for fried eggs but found that they were undercooked. She asked for eggs which were fully cooked and the woman again tried to reheat them. My wife asked her to cook new eggs for her and was told 'Eggs are expensive'. My wife did not dare to tell me this until later because she would know that I would be furious. in fact i would have given the woman the price of a new egg just to embarrass her. Heritage, this is no way for your staff to treat your residents and you have to sort this out.
So would i recommend this hotel, well yes if you just want a clean room and a modern bathroom at a reasonable price, but a hotel is so much more than that. The Heritage does not have an ideal location being a taxi ride from the centre of town and its building is not as modern as those of some of its competitors - so it needs to try harder. I have given a score of 2/5 but some simple improvements could get this to a 4/5 for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a no smoking room on the no smoking floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank boss1951
Reviewed January 28, 2014

went on business trip on Jan 2014, i took deluxe room which is spacious. overall is very good. Aircon is cool enough. would recommend to book this hotel. Just need to touch up bit of thing:
1)TV resolution is below par,
2) There's an empty plate outside the hallway since the night i check in and was not clear even when i check out.
3) Lastly they gave me chinese newspaper (I'm a eng-edu chinese hence i do not know) it's best to ask guest which paper they prefer (Like other hotel) than assume.

Other than that, all great.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is luxury. good for family or couple to relax
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SKe3
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have always been staying in Heritage whenever I'm in Ipoh. Well, most of the time. The reason was this is the only hotel available under the vacation club I signed up.
This hotel used to be fine. Well, just fine. The room used to be old and worn out.
When I arrived at this hotel today, I saw a banner stating that all rooms were renovated. And when I entered my room, it was indeed looks different. The old CRT TV has been replaced with a LCD TV. Walls had new paint job. Toilet had new tiles on the floor. The old bath tub had been replaced with new shower. Water pressure was very good. They had even installed WiFi routers on every floor.
Check in was fast. I just need to sign a form. No deposit was required.
Overall I could see many improvement and I'm glad that the management had decided to make such investment. Well done.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank kelvinyam
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We check-in after a long day at Lost World of Tambun which is located not far from the hotel. Check-in was okay, no deposit needed. Staff a little bit slow but friendly.

Our room is in 6th floor, very nice view of town. The room is spacious and was okay.

The breakfast was good.Variety of choice provided and the restaurant is huge so it doesn't get very crowded.

However, there was no swimming pool so nothing much to do in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Check-in speed acceptable. Lobby overall amenities acceptable. Room corridor quite dark. Should apply some white color lights instead of all yellow in floor corridor. Room spacious, mattress and comfortable exactly single. Will be more comfortable if super single bed size. Bathroom really needs maintenance. WiFi slow and cannot connect more than one device based on access assigned. Air-cond, very good cold enough.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family