“Opposite has better white coffee”

Nam Heong Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Ipoh
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

We only had white coffee there. It was not bad However we felt that the white coffee opposite is slightly better. There was also so many people that we could not drink in peace (was a weekday)

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank lowhng

Reviewed May 20, 2016

One of the oldest restaurant at Ipoh Old Town and it serves the best coffee.
There are several different hawker stalls serving a variety of food: fried koay teow(which is one of the best I've had), curry mee, egg tarts, pastries etc...
The restaurant is normally packed so arrive early. If all fails, there are other restaurants nearby which are alright.
Rumour has it that it is also the most haunted place in Ipoh following the Japanese Occupation :P

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank MAKANRANGERS
Reviewed May 10, 2016

The egg tart content is rich and fullfilling. It is different with egg tart from outside.
It is best serve with a hot white coffee. You will feel the heaven!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Eurekasky
Reviewed May 2, 2016

We loved the strong coffee. Unfortunately, as we were quite late, we only got one of the two portions of fried kway teow we ordered. It was very tasty but rather small portion and relatively expensively for the set-up. I think RM10. My sister in law loved the coffee so much, she bought a bag to take away. Would definitely go there again if I go to Ipoh again.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank SPY945
Reviewed April 29, 2016

I stumbled on to this restaurant one morning with my sister. Very busy and buzzy. Lots of different stalls. Be prepared to share your table with strangers. We had the curry mee from the stall in front of the restaurant. Definitely did not disappoint - delicious. The coffee is good. I will definitely be going back there when I am in Ipoh in December. I would like to try the dim sum.

Date of visit: March 2016