“Delightful Uncle Albert's!”

Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Uncle Albert's!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It's been a while since we've had fish and chips (Ipoh is in serious need of a good fish and chips restaurant).

I'll just say what I must: amazing menu, reasonably priced food, great atmosphere, the staff are wonderfully friendly.

I had the grilled salmon, with ratatouille and mashed potato. One word: heavenly. The salmon was succulent, creamy and cooked to perfection. Utterly decadent! The sides balanced the dish well.

I highly recommend Uncle Albert's, as it was a wonderful experience! We're planning to have dinner there again tomorrow!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank KevinLohx
Liam H, Owner at Uncle Albert's Traditional Fish and Chips, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi Kevin, I appreciate you taking the time to give us such comments. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our grilled salmon, we receive great comments about this dish. It is nice to see that you enjoyed our atmosphere and that our staff looked after you well. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you shortly.

Williamstown, Victoria, Australia
“Friday night fish n chips”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

In Ipoh for business looking for something to do and read the reviews and thought why not, back home in Melbourne Australia Friday night is fish n chip night. I was pleasantly surprised, my guest had the fried cod with mushy pea & chips and l the spicy prawns with rice both were delicious. They have a main course special as a promotion at present order any main and get a soup, a slice of garlic bread and ice cream to finish. With a couple of drinks bill was 111 ringot really good value.
Lovely Irish lass was running the place. Highly recommend this place

• Visited September 2013
Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our spicy prawns is a popular dish here and we are glad you got to try it. I am glad to hear you were well looked after and I hope that you will visit us again next time you come to Ipoh.
“Seafood chowder!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was in Ipoh on business,I was staying in I impiana hotel.went to greentown for dinner,and I discovered one fish restaurant named uncle Albert fish and chips.i had Battered Cod,it came with fresh potato soup and garlic bread.the fish is fresh and the taste simply the best and better then all the rest!!! I wish there was one in KL.

Visited June 2013
Hi Fazal, thank you very much for your review. I am happy to hear you availed of our promotion of FREE Homemade soup, garlic bread and ice lemon tea/ice cream. Our Batter cod is a speciality of ours and I appreciate your compliments on this dish. Hope to see you next time you come to Ipoh..
“Good thigh!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Must try the roast chicken followed by an iced cold bottle of chardonnay. I am from kl and it is my first visit to uncle alberts. Easy parking and good staff.

• Visited August 2013
Hello there, thanks for writing your review. We are lucky to have such premises in Greentown, next to Healy Mac's where parking is easy to facilitate our customers. We ensure that you are served by friendly, welcoming and english-speaking staff and I am glad that you appreciated this. Hope to see you again next time you come to Ipoh!
Ipoh, Malaysia
“Great Menu”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I arrived to Uncle Albert's and was given a menu that looked so appealing to me, I didnt know what to chose, from grilled salmon, to grilled haddock, baked halibut, roast chicken and of course the fish and chips ( battered cod ) I ended up going with the grilled salmon. It was cooked to perfection and had a nice ratatouille to compliment the dish and also a mushroom cream sauce that had a real nice kick. Washed it down with a nice Sauvignon Blanc wine and that will be me coming back again. The decor was very good. With replica newspapers as their wall paper. Great place. Looking forward to coming back here again.

• Visited July 2013
Hello Hugo, I am glad that you enjoyed our menu. Yes, we serve a wide range of fish as we want to let everyone try the different tastes from such delicious fish, all airflown, chilled, from countries such as Norway and Ireland. Our grilled salmon is a very popular dish, I am glad you tasted it and liked our homemade ratatouille too. Our homemade mushroom cream sauce is freshly made every day to compliment this dish. We also serve wines like you mentioned to compliment our dishes and I am happy to hear that you tried this. We serve many types of wines by the bottle or glass to suit different tastes. We look forward to serving you again, thank you for your compliments on our food and interior decor.