“Its in the detail...”

Healy Mac's Irish Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 546 Restaurants in Ipoh
Cuisines: Irish, International, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family owned business established in Ireland, at a place known as “Cork” in 1845 and till today runs the 2 outlet by its family members. It has been a local bar for the famous actor Oliver Reed. Healy Mac’s is the first of its kind, establishing its foothold in Malaysia in 2009, a multi-cultured country in the Asia region. Healy Mac’s Irish Bar and Restaurant provides the best Irish conceptualized ambience with a feel of comfort and satisfaction. The authentic Irish atmosphere experience designed by the Irish family members prides them by being and giving the best in drinks and food to its friend, the “Asian Region”. The family owned business aim is being a local Irish concept provider, with more than 20 years of experience in the Irish Bar.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Meet Jerry! If he likes you (the Irish like everyone) he’ll take care of you! His all day breakfast was the best (when it was introduced at any rate), pizzas and toppings according to what THE CUSTOMER wants – not strictly according to menu like so many other restaurants do! The Irishness in menu (they do Irish pies etc), taste and joviality runs in abundance here. Pity the live band is very ordinary. The nostalgic 70’s & 80’s retro tv feed more than makes up for it! Beers… the technique, taste, cleanliness and authenticity again is very well managed… you are very unlikely to have a poor pint here!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We heard about the pizza here from a good friend and thought let's try it. Does not disappoint! I love their crispy crust, well golden, and their arrays of toppings...mmmm! We picked and "built" our own! They also serve very good organic pork ribs with just the right amount of honey BBQ sauce coating tender pieces of ribs. It's really good value for money.
We were pleasantly surprised to see a special snacks menu that comprised of Indian curries and since we both love a good curry, decided to try the chicken varuval. It was really good, and spicy! To douse the sting on our palates (lol) we ordered some dessert - I had the Brownie, and he had the Swabian apple. Divine! Both came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream so that was perfect.
We definitely recommend this place to everyone! Service was good, food was great, and the beer COLD! What more do we need!? Ace, guys!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice restaurant with great food and beers. Organic pork ribs tasted great with the sidedishes, and chilled cold beer in the afternoon. Great place to chill and relax.

1  Thank Raymond-KIpoh
Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I came to Healy macs in Ipoh I found out it was already open for a year. I am happy I found it I had a great time. The atmosphere was brilliant. There was even a quiz there. It's on every Monday night. Winners get free drink. They have great offers for drinks too. I had the potato bacon soup and the lasagne. Amazing. I will be coming here again for sure. The manager also drove me home after I had to much. Great time

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Firstly, I'd like to appreciate my best friend who brought me there for a drink. Healy Mac is located in a nice environment and we ended up with having dinner after a tower of beer.. Good service, good food, best beer. It's worthwhile visiting Healy Mac.