“Unaceptable surrounding”

Ranked #3 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Ipoh
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Unaceptable surrounding”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family and I booked the 3-room apartment, scheduled for 21-22 December 2013. However, upon our arrival, we were shocked to see the surrounding; old shop lots and night pub. We couldn't find a parking spot near the shoplot "apartment" as it is a public carpark and they do not provide designated or private carpark for their patrons. My family discussed amongst ourselves if this is where we really want to spend our weekend at and we foresee inconveniences because of our children and cars parked in an unattended public area. Moving forward, we decided to cancel the booking and stay elsewhere. We called the apartment and spoke to the receptionist. She couldn't make any decision if they will still charge us as her manager is currently on leave. We received a notification on Sunday that they have charged us for the 3-room apartment (RM398) and our cancellation reason was not acceptable. We spoke to Christy, the Hotel Manager and she feedback that she couldn't do anything as it is her bosses decision. Honestly, RM398 for such location is totally unacceptable so my genuine advice is to stay somewhere else if you are travelling with family and children. It was a good lesson for my family and we will never trust or opt for such apartment concept ever again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarkKSLaw
TheOsborneApartments, Public Relations Manager at The Osborne Apartments, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear MarkKSLaw, Thank you for your feedback and my sincere apology for the inconvenient caused. And the standard hotel cancellation policy stated clearly in our website's booking page that the cancellation received within 7 days prior to arrival will incur the first night charge.We are deeply sorry for the unpleasant feeling that you felt and we will definitely look into our flaws and mistakes of our hotel and improve it because our guest's satisfaction is our top priority. I sincerely hope that this unpleasant experience will not deter you from patronizing The Osborne Apartment again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Selangor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

It's a very clean place located strategically around several restaurants and also nearby Lost World of Tambun (10KM). However I could only think of one rude receptionist whom ruined my whole trip to Ipoh. Even the night security guard was more polite than her made me look forward to night than having to face the receptionist during the day. Please take note that this apartment is not convenient for elderly folks.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Logi5
TheOsborneApartments, Public Relations Manager at The Osborne Apartments, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Logi5 , Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent stay experience with us at The Osborne Apartments. I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the inconvenience caused regarding the rude experience you have encountered .Your highlights have been brought forward to our team's attention.

I sincerely hope that this unpleasant experience will not deter you from patronizing The Osborne Apartments again. Thank you & Regards
Asia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor. After arriving at the hotel, I wondered if those reviewers stayed at the same hotel and I checked the reviews again online to be sure! For the same price, we could have stayed at a nicer hotel.

Pros:
1) Great location with all the eating places (for taugeh ayam, curry mee, etc) we wanted to go to within walking distance.
2) Spacious rooms

Cons:
1) The room wasn't as nice as the photos (as complained about by at least one reviewer on Agoda).
2) We got only two big towels for two people (though I see small towels in some room photos) and no one came to clean the room during our 2-night stay.
3) Since we asked for a room away from the street, we didn't hear any noise from outside, but we heard water repeatedly draining from the room upstairs. When they flushed their toilet, I thought someone was flushing our toilet!
4) One of the receptionists was very helpful, but the other one had an attitude.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to noise, get a room on the top floor. (Warning: there's no lift in the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOsborneApartments, Public Relations Manager at The Osborne Apartments, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear GlobalKuidaore,

Greetings from The Osborne Apartment , Ipoh

Thank you for staying with us, and we really appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel. We will definitely look into your concern and highlight it to our management. I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the inconvenience caused regarding the noise as well. Once again , our guests satisfaction is our top priority.

We sincerely hope that this unpleasant experience will not deter you from patronizing The Osborne Apartment again.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my family. At the reception the receptionist was very polite. I am very happy. Plus the rooms were very clean.The bathroom was also very clean. But the dining area could be taken away as not many people would cook there. Overall it is a very good hotel indeed. I would be glad to stay in that hotel again when I go back to Ipoh

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Koh Y
Dear Koh Y ,

Greetings from The Osborne Apartment, Ipoh

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent stay experience with us at The Osborne Apartments. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would be glad to stay with us again.We are definitely looking forward to your visit in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

The place has a great location....but the place is run by workers & owners are never around...I have been to this place a couple of times on business.. I have always felt suspicious when I see that the sheet look rumpled... This last trip, I got them to change the sheets. I spoke to cleaners & confirmed that they do not always put in clean sheets... So remind them to change the sheets when you get in....

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Marky226
Klang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Booked this apartment with just a quick phone call as was coming back from Penang Island. The customer service is really polite and well-trained with her product information. Once enter the room, I feel like I'm home. The cozy feeling and everything in the apartment is complete. It worth for paying the price. Strategic location where you can find hawker stalls just nearby. I would love to come back to this place again if have chance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TheOsborneApartments, Public Relations Manager at The Osborne Apartments, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Greetings from The Osborne Apartments, Ipoh.

Thank you for staying with us, and I really appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay. We hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I also booked the Osborne Apartments though the Agoda website and had nothing but an excellent stay at the Osborne. On check-in we found the reception staff friendly and willing to go out of their way for us. She took the time to carefully explain the features of the apartment, including the fact that the electricity in each apartment is triggered by it's proximity entry card slot, installed in the entry way. She also offered us a car park for the use of our relatives that were to come and go throughout our stay. I found the reception team courteous and helpful throughout our stay.
The apartment itself is very spacious, well equipped, modern and clean. To those unfamiliar with Malaysian style bathrooms, it is normal to not have a separate shower stall installed. Although I recommend keeping the bathroom doors closed to stop the mosquitoes from coming in. Our apartment had 3 air conditioners installed and could have easily turned the apartment into a ski slope in no time.
Our apartment was opposite the popular eateries across the road. We stayed 6 nights, however found that we only had a slight noise problem during Thursday evening when they were open till 3 am. There was no loud music or karaoke, just talking and the sound of happy diners. I did not find this to be a problem.
The master bedroom would have had reduced noise as it was not directly opposite the restaurant.
I would quite happily return and stay longer at the Osborne, anytime that I am back in Ipoh.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TheOsborneApartments, Public Relations Manager at The Osborne Apartments, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Greetings from The Osborne Apartments, Ipoh. Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent stay experience with us at The Osborne Apartments. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment is a great learning opportunity for us and we will continue to use them to carry out the necessary measures to further improve our facilities and services. We have passed your kind words to our associates and they were encouraged by it. The team and I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.