“I'm stolen my PDP at this hotel”

Chariton Hotel Ipoh
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Seoul, South Korea
“I'm stolen my PDP at this hotel”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my son 5 months ago.
I'm stolen my PDP. It happened during our absence.
I explained my situation and asked hotel reports staffs. They called hotel manager.
He/She had not arrived hotel untillI I'was leaving. Instead he/she promised me send the hotel reports by e-mail. But, I have not received the mail and reports untill now.

I think the hotel is not to be trusted.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank jiny413

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Ecotel is worth the money. I stayed in the standard king room (RM108 per night) for 4D/3N. Beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is very convenient which covered with not fully frosted glass walls. There is no breakfast at the hotel. Ecotel required RM50 refundable deposit per room during check-in. I would fully recommend this hotel in Ipoh for those who have their own transport and prioritize comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lady Z
Georgetown
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The location is near to the town central, is the good place to stay (if your expectation no high) with condition that you need to have your own transport because the surrounding no have any shopping complex. The bad thing is no have chair and the check in time is about 3.00pm (not convenience), the bath shampoo and shampoo is only enough for 1 person for 1 time bath. Still some more to improve. Overall is the ok to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PulauTikus
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed March 30, 2012

It's not easy to find this hotel even with a GPS, therefore we called up and ask for direction, luckily it's just located beside another 4 star (or 5, i'm not sure) hotel.
Sign/direction board to the hotel is not lit-up therefore it's even more difficult to find this hotel.

It's very gorgeous looking for a budget hotel from the outside after we passed through a tiny ramp, and it has a very clean and neat waiting lobby.
Check in procedure is done quite smoothly, believed to be the same person that answered our call, in a quite helpful manner as well. (and we found the same person doing our check out procedure as well..looks like they don't have many staff)

When we opened our room door, and a strong lavatory smell came to us. which we feel a little bit uncomfortable.
And more bad news hit us, we found an empty beer can beside the bed and cigarette butts in it..

we were so tired and we feel so lazy to go and request for a change of room, we decide to put the air-cond unit on for a while before we go out for dinner.
The smoke-smell air then came out from the air-cond, and it's running very noisily, for a new hotel.

Yes it has a very neat designed toilet. The room are very very spacious.
On the king size bed provided, we are expecting a very good sleep, but we found, some hairs on the bed sheet, which is, speechless.
Sound proof is bad for the room and I was being awake by door banging early in the morning.

There's no "Please do not disturb" tag and I got a call when I was sleeping to ask "do you need housekeeping"

I couldn't say it's value for the money.
But if you are only looking for BIG room and BIG bed and MANY FREE PARKING LOTS
this is the place for you if you are okay with RM 1xx a night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joeyT_kl

Travelers are raving about these Ipoh hotels

KL
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Let me start with the good points about this hotel
-simple minimalist interior, spacious & pleasant
-comfortable bed..for the price range
The serious unpleasant points about the hotel
-Hotel didn't honour the price which was confirmed upon reservation. instead, has increased RM20 with the excuse that breakfast was added into our bill. The breakfast was super simple, which is packed nasi lemak...or packed sandwish.
- The very serious issue is....water preassure for shower is very low and impossible to get warm water....either burning hot or cold water only. the speed was almost like dripping speed which takes forever to finish a shower.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Enjoyin
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The hotel is kindda hard to find. Its just located right next to Impiana Casuarina Ipoh. It's a new hotel with nice design but crappy material are used for the hotel. However, its worth it as it provide a comfortable bed with a reasonable rate. Maybe they do not have many guest, the bed seems to be a bit dirty.

The extra thing is that they have not mention providing any breakfast when we book the hotel but the next day they have all the Nasi Lemak (Malay Coconut Milk Rice) and Sandwiches lining on the pantry for their guest.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends