“Not going to go there anymore”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of MH Hotels Ipoh

MH Hotels Ipoh
Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Ipoh
“Not going to go there anymore”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

If you are alone and not in group ..then a thumbs up ...but if in big group , the management is very bad . I took about 2 hours to check in, the food at skylounge is not hygiene ...there is hair inside ...at 7.30 am the food not enough and have to wait 15 minutes for replacement although.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank abchiam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Was in Ipoh for an event, the most affordable hotel available and nearby to our event venue was MH Hotel. This hotel is located near Ipoh Exit from North South Highway so it is almost impossible to miss. Anyway, the hotel is very basic, normal 3 star hotel set up with hot shower and astro. There's a club call Skybar at level 7, assuming to be one of the "hip & happening" club in Ipoh. There's also a Chinese seafood shop downstairs called Unic Seafood (very popular seafood shop as recommended). Beside the hotel is a McDonald. If you have any business trip in Ipoh, would definitely recommend you to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sophia_amir
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I go back to Ipoh every month and we decided to give MH hotel ago after many many dissapointing stays at Kinta Riverfront hotel. Mind you Ipoh is staring to offer a lot more choices in accommodation. We were glad that we gave MH hotel ago..the rooms are clean, comfortable and staff are fantastic. You have to give the sky lounge a go...sitting on the seventh floor roof top and enjoying the view of Ipoh with cool music in the back ground is just amazing!! Well my wife and I have said that this will now be our regular hotel. All I can say is, this is a well run hotel with management and staff that takes pride in the place they work.

Room Tip: Try to go for the higher floors as the lower floors may hear the music on Saturday night from the Sk...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fasted09
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here for two nights whilst on business. The facilities were spacious and modern, especially the lovely bathroom facilities. The atmosphere in the Sky bar was great and the view is well worth checking out. There was a good selection of food on offer at breakfast including some continental options (After a week of rice based breakfasts it was nice to have some home style foods!).The hotel is conveniently placed for travel in an out of the city on the highway an there are plenty of eating options nearby. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Came for engagement dinner at Bercham, ipoh all the way from Kuantan . could not stay at relative house as too many people in the house and decided to stay in a nearby hotel MH Hotel. Very easy access from highway…. So I walked in and was told that hotel is running full and only have newly open rooms called Ladies themed floor. The moment I step in….Wow! I didn’t expect the atmosphere and the blend of colours that gives it that feminine feel. I really loved the view from there at night it looks romantic I must say. Unfortunately, I only brought in my sweet sister to join me as she wanted to spend time with me. Ive been given special breakfast being a guest from this floor at the MH Lounge. Really loved the choice of food and notice some expensive items like blue cheese, and so on. My sister enjoyed the cute buns and the cereals.. Juz wanted to share my experience with others. Enjoy life.

Regards, Shinder.K

Room Tip: 1806 is good
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
perlis
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Hi, I stayed in this hotel with my fiance during raya holiday, we stayed in club suite.the rooms was soo spacious and modern design with see thru jacuzzi. I was offered by front office that whoever stayed in these special floor will have their special breakfast treat at MH lounge. The breakfast at MH lounge was really good with variety and high end choices of foods and the nasi lemak is deliciouss! We had superb service from the host and waitresses there. Will surely come and stay here again in one of the days...

• Stayed August 2012
Kedah
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've stayed here during hari raya..we were from kedah to kl, we stop by ipoh to visit our relatives in ipoh..The hotel doesn´t look much from the outside, but this hotel was a nice suprise. The staff at the front desk was great and very helpful. I checked in to ladies theme room...it was nicely decorated with modern femine touch and its in purple! We were pretty happy with the room. It was spacious and have a good view of the city.Its worth the money and the price is quite reasonable for peak period time during hari raya. To my suprised its included free Wifi and an excellent breakfast buffet at lounge. The location is good too, its very near to tesco and jaya jusco. Will stay here on my next visit for sure..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo