“North Indian Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you're in Ipoh, you might try this restaurant. Ambience was ok and food was good. However they should improve on service & staff manners. Make reservation since this place is one of the popular spot for its halal north indian food. Try their Briyani...and mango Lassi it was really good. Cleanliness was ok. It is one of the must try restaurants if you are visiting Ipoh

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I found it to have immense flavor and was satisfied. It was far better than the watery food in other parts of Malaysia.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

For this city of Ipoh if one enquires about a good restaurant for Indian food, one can expect the answer, "Oh you may try Pakeeza"
So it was with much expectation that we visited this place,located very close to the city centre.
The place is not big enough but is generally very well patronised and it gets full to its capacity in a short time soon after dinner time starts. The ambience is very ordinary unlike most of the better Indian restaurants one sees in India. The furnishing also is quite basic though it is comfortable. Looks like it is the trend in most of the restaurants in this part of Malaysia.
The food is what one goes for to a restaurant and in this department, the place is a great disappointment. The menu has a good variety of Indian dishes but the preparation fall much below the expected standards, and even they fail the test of authenticity. For a foody this is a big let down and put off. Therefore, I have decided not to go there again.We have tried their chicken,mutton and fish preparations with tandoori roti. Last month we took our guests for dinner out The mutton preparation we were served was so bad that it looked not to be their own preparation. Probably it was brought from a near by Nasi Kandar (local Malay restaurant). When it was pointed out, the general behaviour of the staff was quite disgusting. Instead of diplomatically accepting the shortfall, we were told that the customer should expect this level of standard only. We ordered tandoori roti and paratha, but were served with tandoori roti AND normal paratha. So I feel in the absence of a viable alternative, it is enjoying a good run with not so knowledgeable foodies of Indian preparations chosing to use it. I would say that go there for an average meal, but nothing comparable to authentic Indian restaurants in many other countries.

1  Thank albatross-549
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I lke the ambience now since it has been renovated. Used to be very gloomy and dull. I like the puri, mango lassi, chicken masala, egg plant and the garlic naan. Prices are affordable but seafood can be pretty expensive.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We visited Pakeeza based on great reviews on TripAdvisor. Their Aloo Gobi Masala was excellent, in fact, the best Aloo Gobi I've ever had (although my companion, who is an Aloo Gobi connoisseur, says the one at Sri Ananda Bahwan in Penang is better). However, their Kulfi was the worst Kulfi we've ever had.

Also, although we ordered Kashmiri naan, they brought us something else (Almond Naan??? photo uploaded). When I told the waiter it was not Kashmiri naan, he said it was, pointing to something in the naan--there was NO dry fruit in the naan! Now that I saw a photo of Kashmiri naan someone ordered on this page, I'm convinced that they brought something else (Or were they out of dry fruit on 22/11/13???) For this reason, we will never return to this restaurant. Indian food is much better in Penang anyway.

2  Thank GlobalKuidaore