“Absolutely my favourite pizzas--and more!”

Michelangelo's Pizzeria
Ranked #15 of 579 Restaurants in Ipoh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Ipoh's first and only True Authentic AMERICAN Rock 'n' Roll Wood Fire Pizzeria. Every item here is made exactly how we would do it back in Chicago / New York. Everything is made fresh in the pizzeria, we believe in commitment and keep all our recipes exactly as they were the day we started. All pizzas are cooked at 750f degress in a real wood fire oven, hand tossed. We offer pizzas, pastas, salads and sweets. This is as close to America you can get without actually being there.We are a fmaily place where the music is played loud (retro 70's-90's rock and pop) and you can jump up on the counter and dance for a free pizza.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

One of my favourite places for food.

This pizzeria is done up in a casual, informal way, with lots of exposed brick and wood, and it comes off as really warm and welcoming. And of course the amazing smells of charred bread, melting cheese and crisping bacon gets to you the moment you step in.

The pizzas, I believe it has been said many times, are excellent. They've got the base down pat--just the right thickness--not so thick you'd feel like it was some dental punishment your dentist set you, and not so thin it just shatters in your mouth. Just charred, crisp in parts, chewy. Yum.

I've not tried every topping, mostly because I keep going back to the same ones.. Bacon and egg, hog extreme.. Rather irresistible actually. And their specials are fun to try!

I'm also keen on their pasta cabonara, which I feel is one of the really nice ones I've had (and I've had many..). Might feel rich to some, but that is the way of cabonara, so we usually order a plate to share, plus pizza. Because you simply can't skip the pizza.

Their desserts are homemade and pretty darn good. Their brownies are dense, gooey and chocolatey, everything a brownie should be. I love it, but my friends without a sweet tooth find it .. well, sweet. There was once I was lucky enough to score a piece of cheesecake that they were thinking of including in the menu.. It was one of the best cheesecakes I've had, seriously, and fingers crossed that it'll turn up on the regular menu.

On busy nights you might need to wait for a table, but it's not so often as to be frustrating, and usually seating is not a problem. It's the same at all good restaurants everywhere.

The staff are really friendly, and the owners really make an effort to get to know their customers. It's a great feeling, because you walk in, they know you and you know them, and it's friends all around.

2  Thank michellechew

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went last Saturday evening and had no trouble getting a table for two at around 6:30 PM. We ordered a Caesar salad, Parmesan bread and the regular hog pizza with a couple of cold Tiger beers. All our food arrived within 10 minutes tasty and fresh. The Caesar salad was great and a particular favourite of mine. The pizza was topped with lovely flavoured bacon and sausage, cooked to perfection in the woodfired oven. Michael and his staff always check that your food is okay, in all our previous visits we have never had cause to complain. The final bill as always was very reasonable for food of such a high quality. We will definitely visit again soon and highly recommend this restaurant if you want great food and fast service at a fair price. Get there early because like all good restaurants it does get busy.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Good location . Reasonable prices . Appetizing bacon & egg ! Just simply In loving with the hot ny brownies . But seats are limited here .

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Best pizza in Ipoh. Nice service, staffs are friendly, foods arrives in mins,atom sphere was good. Must try out the blue cheese pizza! It taste awesome ! Definitely will come back for this!

Michael O, Owner at Michelangelo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Hi Leeweijing,

Thank you very much for your comments and review and we also agree the Blue Cheese pizza is one of a kind. Our staff also wanted me to thank you for your kind comments about them, they do try very hard to be the best and really do enjoy waiting on our guests. We hope to see you back very soon.

Michael

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The pizza we had was so, so only. Staff was ok, nice, clean ambience. Find it to be a bit pricey as for the price you have to pay, I expect it to be better and a bit different from the norm.

Michael O, Owner at Michelangelo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hi Cheahtravel

Thanks for the comments we do appreciate it them Sorry you felt a bit let down and that is was just so so. We do differe from most of the others in the area though in that we do our pizzas by woodfired and we use only the freshest items for all our food. As for the price, actually we are one of the cheapest around size for size. When compared to the main players such as Pizza Hut and Dominos and you compare the size of our pizzas to theirs as well as the amount of toppings you get also that we only use a 100% real cheese and real bacon, we actually are several RM cheaper than the others. When compared to Italian places they usually only offer 12 inch pizzas for more than we charge for our 15-16 inch pies.

Perhaps you can write me a letter and let me know what you found that was just so so. I would very much be interested in knowing your suggestions on what you would have liked tohave seen more of. Hope to hear from you soon.

Michael