“Awesome Food and Fast Speed Service”

Michelangelo's Pizzeria
Ranked #11 of 517 Restaurants in Ipoh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Ipoh's first and only True Authentic AMERICAN Rock 'n' Roll Wood Fire Pizzeria. Every item here is made exactly how we would do it back in Chicago / New York. Everything is made fresh in the pizzeria, we believe in commitment and keep all our recipes exactly as they were the day we started. All pizzas are cooked at 750f degress in a real wood fire oven, hand tossed. We offer pizzas, pastas, salads and sweets. This is as close to America you can get without actually being there.We are a fmaily place where the music is played loud (retro 70's-90's rock and pop) and you can jump up on the counter and dance for a free pizza.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We were there last night, celebrating my friend's birthday. The place was full of people, superb crowded. Total 6 of us, but two were late. Thus we couldn't get be seated first until all of us were there. We got the chance to meet the owner of this restaurant. He was so friendly and funny! Kept entertaining us with his jokes while we still waiting for the other 2 friends to come.
Pizzas served there were way beyond delicious! Superb extremely good! I should strongly recommend you to try THE HOG EXTREME, pizza full with beacons toppings!! It was my personal favorite! Even you can mix two flavours in a pan of pizza, so that you manage to try all flavors! Price was reasonable and even it was a long queue, the pizzas still be served within a very short time! Amazing fast speed service!
Worth a try! It was the best pizza I had ever had in Malaysia!

Michael O, Owner at Michelangelo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Isaac,

Thank you for your review and your very kind words. We all at MichelangelO's Pizzeria appreciate it very much. We all strive very hard to bring the very best to all our customers. I do think I recall your table and group that night. Be sure to look me up again on your next visit. Hope to see you soon.

Keep on Rockin...

Michael

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Delightful tasty wood fired pizza comes out hot and with lots of different options for toppings.
Service was nice, friendly and efficient!
Don't miss out the side dish especially the cheesecake made with love!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been patronizing Michaelangelo for sometime now and felt it was time to write a review on the establishment.

When you go there, expect to wait...you will be seated.
Most of us are used to walking in and grabbing the table we see, but here they will seat you.
When you are seated, the tables are already cleaned, immediately the menu provided.

As for the pizza, you have to have The Hog Extreme...that's if you love pork. Buts that's why you go there...to have great pork.
The Carbonara are my kids favorite, nice, rich and creamy.
To end the evening, have either the Brownie or The Cheesecake.
Make sure you order the cheesecake early, or you'll might be disappointed after dinner.

And after eating and guilty of gaining a few pounds, ask Michael who is this +6' American owner and he'll be able recommend you a couple of places on where to shed those pounds.
Overall, my family and I love this place.
And if you are a Retro guy like me, you'll enjoy the music.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

3 of us have gotten food poison. I suspect salad. We ordered salad,pizza n calbonala. We still not yet recover well after 1week. In my life get worst food poison.

1  Thank brokencore
Michael O, Owner at Michelangelo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Broken Core

Could you contact me directly about this, We of course want to know more. All of our food is made fresh every single day, we follow very strict food anf safety measure adopted from the U.S. which is even moredtrict than Malaysias. All of our eggs are kept refrigerated and we only have used the freshest of items at all times. While we are very concerned about what happened with you, we would like to know more information. Most food borne illness show up around 4-5 hours after eating not within the first couple of hours according the the American Medical association and Food & Drug authority. We would like to know when this happened and if you went and saw a doctor and if so we would be more than happy to cover the cost of that if it is as you said. This is a very serious accusation and we very much need to know the date and time you ate at our place so we can track it. Lastly if this is so why would you not contact us directly so we can work on this. While I have no problem at all you posting it on here, reasonable sence would also dictate you would have contacted us directly in addition to post on here. On a case as serious as this, more information is much needed and we would not want anyone else to get sick if this is the case, in 4 years of operations we have never had a case or heard of a case of this happening to anyone and we do believe we have one of the cleanest kitchens around and the strictest food control policies in practice. Please contact me at 05-549-9099 and ask for my number Michael Owen. Thank you very much

Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are some nice things about this place... pizzas and drinks are fine... Pizza with salami and blue cheese is fantastic! BUT seating policy is crazy! If you go as one person you get an isle seat! This is all about strictly maximizing seating on certain busier nights I guess! Beers served in cans... not sure why...

2  Thank hv_subang
Michael O, Owner at Michelangelo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Mazlin Malik,

I apologize if your visit to our place was not what you had expected. Yes we do manage our seats, almost all of our customers are well aware of that and it is not uncommon in fact for many restaurants to sit customers based on the size of the party. We have around 5 tables that we use for parties of 1-2 people our of 15 table so a third of our tables are for single customers. If those tables are taken then we will offer a single customer either the counter or to wait until a table for them has opened up. While we fully understand some customers would want to be sat at a larger table we simply are not able to do that during our rus times. Again we only have 15 tables and 5 spaces at our counter and one third (5) of the tables are marked soley for either single or two people. It is not fair to our other customers who would be around 3-4 people to wait for one table that is marked specially for those sizes when only one person is sitting there. This way we try to be fair to all tables sizes.

Also your comment about "This is all about strictly maximizing seating on certain busier nights" is not exactly true but in part is. All restaurants have to turn over so many tables a night (rotate tables) and coming from Chicago and New York and also living in Kuala Lumpur and Penang, there are many places that do in fact manage their tables sizes. When it is not busy during our slow times we allow people to sit at any table they want. This is a very normal practice for most restaurants especially those that have a seating policy as ours clearly states on our front door when you enter.

I am confused about your comment about the beer however. We offer three types of beers and all are served in a can with a Glass Mug. If you were not served a glass mug then I do apologize as it is our strict policy that all soft drinks our served with a plastic glass and all beers are served with a glass mug. Perhaps the server made a mistake that night or was so busy he/she forgot and I do deeply apologize for that.

Please keep in mind we are in fact a true American Pizzeria, we are a fast food establishment and not a full serve family restaurant and we practice this exactly as we would back in my home town of Chicago. If you would give us the chance we would love to make it up to you. You can contact the store at 05-549-9099 and ask my staff to give you my direct contact number (Michael Owen) and I will be happy to talk to you and we hpe you will give us another chance. All business can make a mistake every now and then as they are humans who work there and it can happen. Thank you for your post.