“Stay Away at All Cost!!”
Review of Lost World Hotel

Lost World Hotel
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed August 3, 2013

It is impossible to get a goodnight rest at this hotel. Reason being the soundproofing is non existant. People walking and chatting at the corridoor can be heard very clearly. For breakfast, you cannot have it within the hotel and you are required to walk across the street to Lost World of Tambun. This is clearly unaccpetable for a hotel of Sunway Group's standards! Even budget Tune Hotel Ipoh provides better rooms than this hotel. Stay away at all costs!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank ZeMing

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed only a night at the Lost World Hotel. Well, I don't have much complain bout this hotel. Basically, the hotel room is well-maintained and clean. I had the standard double bed room. The bed, toilet and bathroom were clean. My only complain is that their air-con system. The hotel's air-con is centralized, so by certain time/hour, the temperature will be auto re-adjusted back. So it was quite stuffy and hot in the middle of the night. I have to wake up to adjust the air-con back. I did called up the hotel management about their air-con and was informed that their system is centralized.

Other than the air-con, the rest was okay. It has the basic amenities such as kettle, cups, coffee & tea, toiletries, safe, flat screen TV and wifi in the room.

No comment on the breakfast as me and my gang went for the local food in Ipoh instead.

My hotel room comes with complimentary entrance to the hotsprings and 10% discount for the theme park. Overall, it's worth the night.

Room Tip: Higher room has nicer view of course. My room was at 2nd Floor and has quite a view too. Is quiet an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2013

One of the first impressions I get of this hotel, is that it is super close the the Lost World of Tambun Themepark. Great, I tell myself, my family and I will have a great time, all I need to do is cross the road from the hotel to the theme park.

But there are caveats.

First the hotel, the staff were courteous and accomodating. Nevertheless, what we discovered was that their housekeeping staff could not keep up with the cleaning, hence not exactly clean rooms and bathrooms. Bed linen stained from the laundry department but fresh.

The noise levels from the corridor can be disturbing and I was there on a non peak (week day) time. I can only imagine what it is like during the weekends and peak times like school holidays.

Next the F&B, there is none within the hotel itself. A PapaRich establishment (something like Fridays) is outside. The complementary breakfast is located across the street (at the Theme Park).

The free Hot Spa is only available after 6pm and is one of the highlights of staying there (besides the theme park). The hotspa takes the spring water from the Banjaran springs (there is another hotel/resort owned by the same corporation as the Lost World Hotel but their rates are off the scale of affordablity) and the water is said to be therapeutic.

A point to note, the parking lot in the hotel is free (as of this review) but the parking where the hot spa, theme park, breakfast restaurant is not free. A minimal charge of RM1 is levied even for hotel guests.

For the theme park, when I was there, the hotel guests get a small (15% if I recall) discount from the park entry prices. But be forewarned, some rides are closed due to maintenance or some corporate team building event, but the park entry prices remain the same.

The best time to visit the wave pool is after noon. In the morning the waves are not in action as the park seem to be refilling the pool. But once again, this is the best part of the park, if it is closed for maintenance, don't even reserve a room at the hotel.

Room Tip: If you do stay here because of the theme park, make sure all rides and pools are open.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank budakSFO
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lets first begin about the staff, they are a pleasant bunch, helpful and always smiling. The only things I can complain about are:

a) Poor house cleaning, I found cigarette butts in the shower when I checked in.
b) Stained bed linen with 'rust' colored stains and even black foot print like stains, I cannot imagine how house keeping could miss that.
c) Poor noise insulation from the corridors, you can hear the noise of chattering people along the corridors.
d) Hot water was slow to come to the shower heads if you are in the low numbered rooms.
e) Hotel folks have little clue about what happens at the Theme park (of a similar name, The Lost World Tambun), they seem to been non integrated even though the free breakfast and hot spa vouchers can only be claimed there.
f) Breakfast buffet is not bad if you ignored the flies (on the freshly cut fruit) and the poor signage (apparently the waiters there do not know how to read).
g) When I tried to make suggestions to the staff, I was asked to email the management.

Would I stay there again? I doubt that. The only reason I might stay there again is IF the theme park was fully operational. When I visited the theme park (slight discount for hotel guests), some rides were closed. On another day most of the rides (inclusive of the wave pool) was closed. Why would anyone want to visit a water theme park if most of the water rides were closed, and they do not even give discounts for the discourtesy of being partially inoperable.

Room Tip: If you like hot water with your shower, then try get rooms with higher numbers (eg. 110 not 102).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Shock by the high priced room at first but no choice since other room type fully booked.Kids and hubby were shocked by the interior and kept on saying Wow!!The interior in the room is real splurge and its very clean.Eventhough the hotel and water park is quite a walking distance, ( not more than 6 min) my family really enjoy their stay.Breakfast is included plus the free spa ticket!!

Room Tip: Suite room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is my first visit to this hotel. The hotel has a very good image for me when I visit to their website. However, it does not turn up to what I had personally experienced. Below are my experiences with The Lost World Hotel:

No signage and bellman are available to assists the guest on looking for the hotel lobby and the luggage.

After we enter the lobby, no staff is greeting us and no smile is on their face. The conversation is with no standard verbiage. The Check in process took me about 15-20 minutes and the paper work is not done even after my friends and I had gone for the washroom. It is terrible check in experience.

After entering the hotel room, it look clean and tidy, however, the bathroom spoiled the entire impression. The previous tenant's used shower cap and towel is still hanging in the bathroom. I would personally recommend that the Executive Housekeeper could provide more training to the housekeeping maid on cleaning the room especially on the bathroom.

Besides that, the room key also spoiled our mood. The room key is not functioning after approximately 30 minutes entering the room for both my friends and mine room. It is very upset. It took the staff a very long time to send the new key for us. Dragging our schedule time.

In addition, all information given by the operator and the receptionist is not clear, making us like a FOOL. Before we went to the Hot Spring and Spa in the evening, we ring to the reception to check whether is locker be provided to the guest. "Yes, there is a locker provided" Answer from the receptionist. When we in the Hot Spring and Spa, we found that the locker is not provided as complimentary for the guest, there is a charge of RM10.00 per locker to be post into our personal account, which is not be inform clearly by the receptionist previously during our conversation with her over the phone.

This is not end yet with the misleading information, we again ring to the reception counter to ask to transfer to the Spa so that we could make a inquiry and reservation. The reception told us that the phone was unable to transfer and provide us a theme park direct line and ask us to call in. After we call in to the theme park, we been told that the Spa has no extension and only "Human being" is there... We got a question... "Why the hotel receptionists have so little information on hand for their services and products?? Why can't they provide us a correct information and stop wasting and dragging our priceless time??" I hope that the hotel management can look into it and provide the team with relevant information....

Moreover, one day we approach the reception and asking for the hotel shuttle info. The staff told us the the hotel shuttle is able to send us to Ipoh city, which I find is a very good info. Then, we further checking for more info and know what!!! We found that your staff is not clear about the schedule..

I Expecting more from this hotel as it is part of the Sunway group before I depart to there.

At last I would like to say, the hotel has a very matching name "The Lost World". I really LOST my interest and mood to return to this hotel. This hotel really make Sunway Group lost their reputation

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Chris_See_0206
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Ms. Shikin (Reservation) were very helpful but i am very dissapointed with Nizam (Driver). On the day i check-out, i request to be sent to Ipoh bus station, that have express to Grik. I already inform him and receptionist about it (that i wanted go to Grik), however he mistaken drop me at Terminal Amanjaya, that actually not provide any bus service to Grik.

Because of his mistake (or maybe lack of information) i need to pay extra for taxi fare to send me to the right place - Perak Roadways Bus Station in Medan Kit.I really hope that he and all staff will be more informative in future and this incident will not happen again on my next visit or to another guest.

I also suggest them to change the fabric of towel, as to harsh especially for baby's skin, including tooth brush and paste in toiletries set, also add-on more tv channel and improve the quality of connection.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family