“Very Yummy Mediterranean dishes !”

The Limestone's Fine Dining
Ranked #45 of 564 Restaurants in Ipoh
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Limestone's is Ipoh first fine dining restaurant, set up by Chef Erwin vande Vegte, a Qualified and Certified Culinary Master Chef from Europe. The Limestone's offered the senses with its chic ambiance, contemporary French cuisine and gracious service. For an unparalleled dining experience, lets your taste buds savor the exquisite cuisines in a cozy and relaxed ambiance. Allow us to inspire you.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We came here for lunch the first time a few weeks ago and surprisingly find that dishes offer here were delicious and the price is very reasonable for lunch, immediately we knew that this definitely this will not be our first time to be here !

We order a traditional spicy portuguese fish soup. It was very very nice, the more you sip the more you want. For salad the staff recommended us this Golden Crostini roasted tomato & bell pepper. Taste of the tomato done up was good and it suited us well as this was purely vegetarian. For main course I order this Spanish seafood Paella de Marisco. Very tasty and generous serve of seafood stuff and ingredient ( refer to my photo taken ). My wife try the Seafood spaghetti aglio e olio, and same to the above it was worth for the money we paid.

The place is cozy and quite and the staff was very friendly and attentive, we definitely recommend to our friend who interested in European or Mediterranean food to come and try out.

2  Thank Chiang T

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

First of all,i have been here for Third times ,for the first time i came with my husband and we were enjoyed the food,expecially their mushroom soap,so after one week we went there again but that was a horrible tasteless Lambchop and mushroom soap,while the maincourse approached to me i knew that's no good...and it's definitely tasteless.So i went to this restaurant again with my friend's,and this time Gosh...i am wrong to brought my friend to came here which was i want to try again,but their service was just make me feel dissapointed as i had order mushroom soap and a pasta at 1:10pm,but we wait until 1:45pm my pasta haven't come yet and i just call for cancellation,so what the staff told me was the chef have to cooked for the white guys first as even we are the 1st to take order at 1:10pm,so this restaurant are not for First come First served,their depend on what skin colour of u and they will manage for the guests..Sorry to say,this Limestone Fine Dining are Definitely bad service ...And i would like to say,the Malay Fat Lady Chef are Definitely bad manner while i cancel my pasta ,she was shouting out from the kitchen..so beware that they will split some sliva on your dishes.
They are not qualify to work there..otherwise this Restaurant Gonna Closed down just because of the Chef..

5  Thank Amberly G
DixonChai, Owner at The Limestone's Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Amberly G,

Greetings from The Limestone's Fine Dining, Ipoh.

First and foremost, thank you for your continuing support and we appreciate your feedback that allowed us to rectify our flaws.

Regret to learned about your incidence. Me & our Manager had launched a full investigation on this matter. Our manager (Stanley Yap) also communicate with you personally by phone to have a full understand about what had happening.

The conclusion we had received is that, the taste of the Mushroom Soup we served to you is a bit dull as the soup is extra creamy as per your request. However, our waiter failed to inform you this and serve the salt and pepper for you. We apologize for the mistake.

We are so sorry for the food delayed, it was due to the waiters are actually waiting your soup to be finished before notify the chefs to make your pasta, this is to ensured the pasta served to you are fresh after your soup, as per our standard of procedure. That is a misunderstand as why you saw we are serving another table first before you. However, they should have inform you this so we can prepare the pasta to you together with the soup accordingly. We apologize for the mistake too.

Please kindly rest assured, we are treated every customers as the same. Our Head Chef - Mahani are with us since the opening of the restaurant. She is a professional and a humble lady and I believed she would never yell on the customer. She felt regret that you heard her voice from the kitchen and she would like to apologize for the inconvenience that may caused to you and your friend.

We love to read feedback, good or bad ones, it help us to understand the view from our customers and from where to improve ourselves. However, if an accusation that is false and based on imagination, it could badly destroy a business. I as the Director of The Limestone's Fine Dining, would clarify that non of my staffs would split saliva on the dish, as this accusation is false and never exist.

We hope this one off experience would not deter you from dining with us again. We look forward the opportunity to welcome you back, thereby allow us to deliver the standard of service and dining experience as expected of The Limestone's Fine Dining.

Dixon Chai
The Limestone's Fine Dining

Reviewed November 27, 2013

i facing unhappy coz that day is my birthday ,i choose this restaurant for my celebrate with my parents have a dinner.
i attend that place around 8pm something's we stress go inside, that moment i saw the place design and renovate is romantic.
so i feel this time is good place i select , at the same time the food taste also presentation is good.
but for the service diagram is totally out of my expectation.
around 9.30pm when the end of my dinner...suddenly i think need to take some dessert cake for my birthday , but i saw in front of me the service waitress guy look like unhappy within body language coz my table is the last one .i think that guy is the superior for the department head service line for that restaurant .
so last i did'nt take the dessert any more then run away after pay the bill.
maybe this is the free gift happy birthday for me in this year...no mood at all...facing this kind of service..

holyadvisor, Manager at The Limestone's Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear ice v,

Warmest greeting from The Limestone's Fine Dining Restaurant Ipoh!

Thank you for your review of our restaurant and glad that you enjoyed our foods and atmosphere except one off experience.

Nonetheless I must apologize on this matter and I personally will look into this seriously. In order to investigate this matter, I need more information from you. Please kindly drop me an email at stanley_yap@regalodge.com.my about your contact, I'll contact you personally.

I do hope that this off experience doesn't deter you to dine with us again. Please give us an opportunity to redeem our self, thereby allow us to deliver the quality service performance as expected of The Limestone's Fine Dining on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Stanley Yap
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was staying in the hotel that the restaurant is attached too and I can say that the breakfast I had was horrible. I had the breakfast burrito and it was just slopped together. The coffee, juice and breakfast were all served at different times. Bad experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

this is quite a belated review, since we visited this place a couple of months ago. the restaurant is a lovely quite one with low ceiling and limited dining places. food was good, and like all fine dining restaurants it has a good ambience to have small talks and just enjoy the food. it rained when we visited it and we had a window seat so that added to the points ;)

but on the service side, i would say that the service isn't quite on par with what we would have expected from a fine dining restaurant. I don't know if they have changed now, but when we visited we could count on ourselves explaining what courses were served and how do we eat that. And there was very very little interaction between diners and the staff. Did we exchange more than 2 sentences throughout the night? No..I don't think so.

Still, i liked it and probably will go back if they have anything new going on the menu.