Hotel Shangg
$73
Preferred Hotels
$431
$236
M Boutique Hotel, Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$56
$45
  • Breakfast included
$51
$21
Agoda.com
Ipoh French Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$33
$25
Agoda.com
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$29
Travelocity
$35
$33
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My mom initially booked this hotel for its price and its good reviews about cleanliness. It is budget but definitely not entirely clean.The room and bathroom are indeed spacious. However, we were dissapointed to find 5 baby cockroaches within the room (3 on the floor, 1 on the bed and 1 on the towel). We complained to the receptionist on the first day. She mentioned that they will send someone to spray, which I'm not sure if it was done as there were more of those creatures the next day. I lodged a complain before we left the hotel. The receptionist only acknowledged the matter with a nod and blamed it all on some construction that was being carried out nearby. There was no apology. Sigh.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HotelShangg, Manager at Hotel Shangg, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

The action regarding your complaint have already been taken.
Thank you for choosing Shangg Hotel. Please do come again. We
Are looking forward to provide a better service

Reviewed April 14, 2013

the hotel provide basic amentities and facilities that meet our expectation.
Yes, the hotel sevice team and the owner are friendly and helpfull.
Room - cleaned and comfortable.
behind the hotel - coffee shop, my favourite place to be for an early cup of coffee before it gets crowded later.
night - a quiet place hence i get a good night sleep.
covered parking space - limited - inside the shoplot converted parking space. But no worry, the hotel employee will provide assistance accordingly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the review. Please do visit Shangg Hotel again. We are looking forward to provide a better service

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were looking for a no-frills budget hotel in Ipoh not too far from the city center and Hotel Shangg did not disappoint. The hotel is easy to locate. I'd called the hotel earlier to confirm my check-in and inform the reception of the time I'd be checking in, and it was a nice surprise to have the receptionist remember my name when I walked in at the stated time. Check-in was a breeze, as there were no others around. Hotel lobby was basic with some leaflets on Ipoh/Perak around for travelers to go through.

The hotel is a walk-up, and the corridor stairs are nicely carpeted. We'd booked a family deluxe which has two queen beds. Upon first impression, the room was clean and welcoming. Beds were firm and adequate bedding was provided. Room was not too small, just enough space for your needs. The air-conditioning worked fine. Bathroom was roomy enough, and very clean. Perhaps one of the best-looking toilets I've experienced in budget accommodations, looked relatively new. Good quality towels were also provided, as well as basic toiletries. Shower pressure was satisfactory and hot water worked fine.

The hotel is located in a rather busy area so one wouldn't have to worry much about returning too late. Staff is friendly and helpful, and were able to provide us with provisions requested (i.e ironing board) in a timely manner. There is limited parking provided inside the hotel, and along the adjacent road.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay at Hotel Shangg and would recommend it to anyone out there looking for clean, affordable accommodation in Ipoh.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank IzzyKL
HotelShangg, Manager at Hotel Shangg, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Mom and I were on a no-plan roadtrip, and we stopped by at Hotel Shangg our first night. Ended up liking Ipoh so much, and after a friendly chat with Mr. Murthi (at Hotel Shangg), decided to stay on another night. He was generous with his tips on where to have breakfast (and later, dinner!) and what are some must-sees on the road. The rooms (we had to change rooms because we couldn't make up our minds to stay or leave Ipoh) were basic but clean. Ask for rooms at the rear because the ones facing the main road can be a bit noisy (for the bed that's nearer to the window). Had a bit of mossie-problem on the third floor, but nothing we couldn't fix with a bit of mossie-spray. Would definitely go back there should I need a place to stay in Ipoh next time!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, try getting a room in the middle/rear. If not, switch beds so you're on the inside of the room. The bed nearer to the window facing the main road can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I took 10 rooms in this hotel for an educational tour. what impressed me about the place was the security factor and also the cleanliness of the property. the property is well maintained and the staffs are friendly too. Besides that the two who own the place are pleasant people who want you to have a good stay.

There other upside for this property is that although it is a budget hotel, the crowd that comes here is mostly family and backpackers. so there is little or none riff raff.

The aircond and water heater from the ten rooms that I took was good... my students were very impressed. The kids have requested that they stay there again if we go to Ipoh..... I believe that speaks for the property it self

Room Tip: when everything is good what else to say except come and stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends