Hotel Shangg
$73
Preferred Hotels
$431
$236
M Boutique Hotel, Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$56
$45
  • Breakfast included
$51
$21
Agoda.com
Ipoh French Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$33
$25
Agoda.com
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$32
Trip.com
$35
$33
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Shangg for 2days 1 night with a bunch of kids and the service was very friendly.for the service they give i feel the price of a room is cheap .the whole hotel in cluding the room was very clean and we also had alot of fun there .....i felt very a home staying there.I would recomend this hotel 4 alot of travellers.

From,
Kishan D.Buxani

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lyrajoseph
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We are travelling around Asia and this is without doubt the best budget hotel we have stayed in. The joint owners have more than 50 years experience in the hotel business and it shows! There are clean towels and bed linen EVERY day. The room is spacious, very clean and tastefully decorated. One of the owners went out of his way to show us some of the sights of Ipoh. He set the standard for all the staff being very courteous and friendly. Breakfast was a 60 second walk away and an excellent Chinese restaurant was a 5-10 minute walk away. We will definitely use this hotel again if we return to Ipoh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JMB1309
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The hotel is located in the middle of a car sales/industrial services area, meaning there are no restaurants or shops close by. As there is no breakfast possibility at the hotel, one has to walk a fair bit to find a breakfast restaurant (especially if you don't want a hot Malay/Chinese type breakfast), and the choice for dining options in the area is very limited, too, but Ipoh is relatively small and you will find something close enough.

As for the hotel, I had booked a superior room which was relatively large and clean, but I did not like the carpetted floor that had sucked in the smell of cigarettes smoked in the room. I asked if I could have a non-smoking room instead but was told the only non-smoking rooms were windowless, which I did not like. I would suggest the management to take the carpet out to have a cleaner feel to the room in general.

As a solo female traveller I did not feel very comfortable in the evening in the area, but other than that the hotel was great value for the money, a clean and safe hotel to stay a couple of nights.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a window, please remember to ask for that.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Hotel Shangg for 3 nights 6-8th April 2012 and tried to see as many of the attractions of Ipoh as we could. The Shangg is a good 20 minutes walk to Old Town area which takes in Little India and a large chinese community. The facilities in the hotel rooms include en-suite, television and air-con. They are sufficiently roomy and cleanliness was good. Wi-Fi was available and although I only got a low power signal, it was fine for routine internet use.

There is a Chinese 'kiosk-stall' type eating premises at the rear of the hotel, we used it for our breakfast - it was basic, no-compromise chinese and very popular with the local community.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed in Hotel Shangg for 2 nights.
Was a really nice stay. From the Owner, to the Receptionist, to the Housekeeping - everybody makes you feel like home.
It is just a 5 minute walk to Little India.
If you need some informations or a Taxi or something else, don't hesitate to ask - YOU WILL FIND A HELPING HAND HERE!
btw: rooms are quiet, new and clean.
cheers