“Heaven on earth!”

The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went there for a short getaway and it was worth it!

The garden villa is beautiful, clean and superb. With a private swimming pool and hot spring jacuzzi, what more could you ask for?

The facilities are to die for, you would have access to the steam cave(very spacious), crystal & meditation cave(ideal for meditation/yoga)Dr Fish and last but not least, the Hot Spring Dip which is attached to the hot spring lake. Dipping into the hot spring tub and just enjoying the view of the mountains surrounding you, it was literally a taste of heaven.

The food serve by the Pomelo restaurant are healthy and organic yet delicious, which was just what me and my friend needed. Our package comes with daily breakfast, a lunch and a dinner, all worth it. The city centre is about 20 minutes away, the receptionist could easily arrange a taxi for u, most probably Uncle Raja which would charge you about RM30 to the town area. However, I manage to get a return taxi for only RM20.

The Spa Centre
The staff were all very friendly. The masseuse was very gentle and experienced, had the Malay urut and I felt even more relaxed after that.

Service was over the top. Overall, this resort is seriously one of the best resort in Malaysia. Thanks for the excellent services. Special thanks to General Manager, Lybanor P. Godio for your time showing us around.

Room Tip: Go during weekdays, when i was there, there were just a few couples around so you pretty much have t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yuu92
Craig T, Public Relations Manager at The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Yuu92,

Thank you for the amazing review! We are so happy to hear that we have managed to make your stay as memorable as possible. Each description provided was a joy to read and we are glad that you had managed to experience every part of The Banjaran that we have to offer.

We will be sure to inform Miss Lyba of your kind words and we hope that you will visit us again in the future. Should you require any assistance, please do contact us and we will be very happy to assist in arranging for your next visit. Until then, take care and have a great day ahead.

There are newer reviews for The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Am spellbound by its sprawling scenic grounds! The warm and friendly staff would go out of their ways to make your stay an enjoyable one, that's for sure! We're given the Garden Villa #9 (thanks to Edmund Lim). The Villa's nice, cool, and big with its private hot spring water jacuzzi and a swimming pool. Ha, you would know what I mean when you are there inside it. I love all the entertainment spots within the grounds, especially the fish spa and Jeff's Cellar! I enjoyed tracking to the Lost World and back. There's even buggy service at everyone's beck and call. My special thanks to Letchu, Seng, Christine (for being at our beck n call), Edmund (for the Garden Villa), Hakkim (for showing us the Jeff's Cellar) and Raymond (for walking me to the car to bid goodbye. Before I sign off, I have a couple of suggestions here 1) Lessening the food price at the Pomelo Restaurant 2) Providing shuttle service to nearby Ipoh town 3) A Banjaran Hotspring Retreat umbrella as a parting souvenir... to make the stay even better. All in all, it's the place to be if you don't mind the 'dent' in your pocket!

Room Tip: The Garden Villa #9
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sssoo1
Craig T, Public Relations Manager at The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Sssoo1,

Thank you for the wonderful review! It has been a great pleasure welcoming you over at The Banjaran and making your stay with us as memorable as possible. We are also grateful of your acknowledgement of the staff and we will be sure to praise them for their job well done.

We also thank you for your suggestions and we will forward it to our resort manager, Lyba to consider for our future guests. Thank you again for your time and wonderful review and we hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This place is good for honeymooners!
If you are looking for a place to rejuvenate from inner to outer, you can get both here
If you need privacy, you have it all here
If you are afraid of bugs, stay away from this place - grasshopper, cricket,butterfly, ...etc

I will be back again soon!

Room Tip: Most of the water villa are under construction. Day time you might hear lots of construction noise i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rachelyap_MY,

Thank you for the review! We hope your stay with us has been comfortable and rejuvenating. Should you have a tentative date of your return, please do let us know and we will be very happy to accommodate and welcome you back to The Banjaran for another amazing stay.

Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My press trip afforded me the opportunity to stay at this wonderful resort for one night. I participated in several of the spa activities, ate at the Pomelo restaurant on the grounds and explored Jeff's Cellar which houses many exquisite wines. Overall I was very impressed with the staff and the facilities. i will take my wife and return given the opportunity. It was a slice of heaven!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are similar. I stayed in bungalow #12, which had an outdoor sitting area, outdoor...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Craig T, Public Relations Manager at The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear NomadicTexan12,

Thank you for the 5-star review that you had provided for us. It is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and yes, you should definitely return with your spouse for her to experience a stay with us.

Thank you again for your time in providing us with this review and should you require any assistance with arranging for your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be very happy to assist.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Owned by businessman Jeffrey (Jeff) Cheah "The Banjaran Hotsprings retreat" is actually expanding. Some new family Bungalows are build opening the resort to Familys and larger groups. From 2014 on, the 4-person units should be available.

Location: 2 hours by car northern from Kuala Lumpur, the Banjaran can be reached best by car or train. The resort is located a few minutes from the city of Ipoh, ab large but not charming average malaysian city.The resort is ablosutely calm, although the City and a funpark are nearby.

Resort: The resort finds itself built in the middle of the rainforest. Reception, restaurant and Bungalow units gather around a large natural heated pool. Although ist seems like the rainforest spreads through the resort, it is perfectly cleaned by the staff permanently. The bungalows are equiped with a Jacuzzi, private pool and outdoor-loft.

Staff: Maybe one of the hghlights. The personal-intensive staff (sometimes seems like 4 staff per guest) is young and well-trained. They try to fulfill the guests wishes, but are very decent. My personal Impression ist, that they love their job and know they work in paradise. Thats why they are better than most international-trained "high-end-staff".

Spa and Jeff's cellar: Due to the hotspring in the middle of the resort and the high amount of thermal water per day, the Hotel specialised itself to Wellness and Spa. Due to the high temperature, it is not possible to access the great thermal pool. But it is, to the small dipping pots located near the lake, where the water is cooled to 40-45 degrees Celsius. Outstanding is the doctorfish-pool, where small fishpedicure your feet, and the spa.

Restaurant: The only Restaurant is the "Pomelo". It offers some local and international "green" healthy food. To Point out is the breakfast, where you can pick several different dishes a dim sum.

Personal Impression: The resort is maybe one of the most lovable worldwide. It connects perfect Service, Organisation and infrastructure. Additionally, the Manager and staff try everything to serve the guest and mean it honest. To relax and get an view into Malaysia, its a very, very good spot. Don't miss Jeffs Cellar! The billionaire restored one of the impressing limestone Caves around the resort and built a wine cellar and bar in it. The spectacular stoneformations combined with a unique atmosphere and a good wine can make it to one of Malaysias "hidden wonders". To bring it to an end, Jeffs Cellar itself is worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimfi27
Craig T, Public Relations Manager at The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Jimfi27,

Thank you for the amazingly detailed review of the retreat. We are glad that both our retreat and the staff had managed to impress you and made your stay with us memorable. We thank you the insights provided of our retreat and we hope that it has convinced you to return for another stay.

Should you decide to return, please do contact us and we will be very happy to accommodate you for another mesmerising stay with us. Until then, take care and have a great day ahead.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Well.

Before I and my girlfriend decided to go to this resort, we was wondering how will this place would be.

To be honest, I was never expected so much.

When my first arrival, we have to check through a security kiosk.

They have been validate our booking and allow us to entered the compound.

Once arrival, we was helped by the staff to carry our luggage and lead us to the reception for check in.

Once parked my car, I walked through the main entrance. The environment was "wow" and awesome.

It its very nice and relaxing.

We was greet with welcome drink and towel for refresh.

Once done our check in, the staff was walked us through the area and introduce the places to us one by one.

This is very helpful.

And again, the environment was stunning.

I couldn't believe that here was a such beautiful at Ipoh!

It just like I am in heaven.

Once we arrive at out Garden Villa No 16, the staff show us the waterproof hand brace key to open our villa door.

Once again our villa door been open, we was again stunning with the design and facilities in the room.

Private dining area, living area with big couch and Bose sound system playing such a relaxing music.

Private swimming pool.

A room with king size bed and huge TV, warmest greeting card.

Also a very big bath room, double wash basin.

most great part are the private hotsprings dip pool!

After done the introduction tour by staff, we was settle down in the villa.

From our very first plan, we was plan to going to around town area for tour.

But, somehow the plan was totally forgotten by us.

We are totally don't wish to walk out from the villa.

Without losing any time, we will have to walk around the place.

We have been walk through crystal cave... steam cave.... swimming pool.... and Dr. fish for the first experience and so on.

We have quickly go for change and go for steam cave for steam.

After that, we was go for hotspring dip pool.

Very nice and relaxing.

We are also able to squeeze in for a traditional massage at last minutes.

It is a pleasant one, I was almost fall into sleep while massaging.

after massage, we was go back to our room and change an leave the resort for the dinner in Ipoh town.

Once came back, we was able to go to Jeff's Cellar for an experience to have some drink in a cave.

Once again a very unique experience.

But too bad, time for us stay there are too short. It closing at 11pm.

We was have a great sleep at our room.

Once awake, we was prepare for our morning hotspring dip.

It was great.

after that, we heading to the Pamelo for our breakfast.

The food overall are good.

But there are still some room to improve.

More choices will be better.

Somehow, I also wished to stay for another day.

But too bad, I can't.

Hope further to future, I will have a chance too do so.

Cheers

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony_Thk

Dear Anthony_Thk,

Thank you very much for your detailed and wonderful review. It is such a pleasure to read the full experience of our guests at The Banjaran and to hear amazing words like ‘awesome’ and ‘I am in heaven’ is a great honour indeed.

Thank you again for the 5-star review and we hope that your stay with us has convinced you to return for a longer stay in the future. Should that come along, please do contact us and we will be very happy to accommodate to your arrangement and assist in making another memorable stay with us.

With best regards from The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I got to know this awesome resort from a friend. I frequently travel and have visited many spa and hotspring resorts in Japan, Taiwan, south east Asia and Europe, never did I know the best one is just by my door step in Malaysia! I checked in on 2nd Nov for 2 nights in Villa 1, and how I wish I stayed longer!
The Villa is huge but I have stayed in better designed one. There is no washing facility at the dinning, and the plunge pool and the jacuzzi is separated by the living and changing area. I have stayed in better designed villa where all water features are right next to each other with very open and airy room design. But, other than that, everything else is perfect! Though it is a resort right next to the jungle, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't come across any lizard or frog at all in the villa. And it has high tech features such as sensor door lock and touch switch. Oh, the living room features nice Bose system with many speakers.
The better thing about this resort is the service. Everyone is pleasant, helpful and professional, absolutely well trained. From the manager who greeted us at our car, Raymond, to Pei Pei, who showed us the villa, and Kamar, who meticulously drew maps to show us places of interest in Ipoh, and Andy, who drove us around the resort, these are all great professionals whose mission is to make sure we had the time of our life! Thanks again guys!
And finally, the resort itself. We were blown away by what it has to offer. The well known Jeff Cellar, the Steam Cave, Meditation Cave are just jaw dropping features that make your money worth! And of course the amazing geothermal lake and dipping pool that goes as high as 46 degree Celsius!
It is such a surprise to find such top quality resort in Malaysia. We are missing the place and about to plan our next visit!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Derek0308

Dear Derek0308,

Thank you for such an amazing review that you had provided to us. To be referred to as being one of the best that you’ve stayed at (compared to the amazing list of places that you have already been to), gives us great honour and pride.

Our staff at The Banjaran strives to provide each and every one of our guests with the utmost experience and we are so glad to have made such an impression during your stay and for you to remember the names of our staff give us great confidence and joy in our work. Thank you again for the acknowledgement of our hardworking staff.

Thank you again for the 5-star review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do contact us further if you require any assistance in arranging for your next stay.