“Value for money good clean hotel”
Review of Ipoh French Hotel

Ipoh French Hotel
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Singapore
“Value for money good clean hotel”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. The hotel looks new. There's a lift in the hotel. Free WiFi is accessible in the room. There is a LCD tv in the room. The hotel room feels bigger than the rooms in other budget hotels. The car park is at the next building. Free parking.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank biting

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Indonesian first
Malaysia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Cosy and cheap is the best way to describe this hotel! I was there to attend a wedding dinner, so I stayed there for a night. This hotel is strategically located in the city of Ipoh! It may not be the kind of grand hotel on the exterior, but the room was clean and decent. The bed was real comfortable and the pillow were fluffy too! As most of the hotels in Ipoh are quite rundown this is a great deal to settle with!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good vicinity, nice new hotel. It is located at strategic place with popular eateries (and fast food joints) are within walking distance and there's a 7-11 (a convenience store) right beside it. Hotel guests are given complimentary parking which is located a block away. Despite the size of the room, it is definitely worth paying for the biggest room available at affordable rate. The room is well thought of; simple yet contemporary design. There's no bathtub (at least for my room) but there was a big shower head. The bed was comfortable so were the pillows. Overall, we are pleased with the hotel and we are definite to go back there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank yoononn
Taiping, Malaysia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Ipoh for 2 nights in mid-September 2012. It was over the weekend so all of the King-sized bed rooms were fully booked, so I took a Queen-sized bed room with a window for my husband and I.
The room was RM138 per night including tax.

The room was not as large as your expected hotel room, but it was cosy and very well furnished. The furniture and appliances are all new and contemporary (even the kettle was one of those unusual, contemporary kettles). Whenever I go anywhere, I am quite particular about the bathroom. The bathroom was spotless, with ultra modern fittings. The shower was fantastic: high pressure and you can get super hot water (just the way I like it).
The towels were also new and clean.

There were sufficient Astro channels (NatGeo, ESPN and a few others).

The hotel is located in the heart of Ipoh, so there are no fantastic views but its location is extremely convenient. Also, there is a 7/11 right next to the hotel and a KFC across the road. Pizza Hut and McDonalds are also close by.

I would have not booked this hotel, as it didn't have a website (as a rule of thumb, I tend to overlook those hotels without websites and only book those with websites). But after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and comparing the price to the other hotels, I decided to take a chance and it paid off. I think that by having a website, more people will get to know about this great hotel.

1 Thank Leila_Jansen
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed in Ipoh, what a little gem of a Malaysian town. This hotel was only opened in January, 2012 and it is the BEST. Rooms are small but very comfortable and quality amenities. We were pleasantly surprised and the Operations Manager, "EE", is wonderful- happy, helpful and always smiling! Would highly recommend as a lovely inexpensive place to stay in Ipoh

Room Tip: Just great value.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kazbah56
Kl
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was here yesterday (24-09-2012). It was stunning. The room was cleaned, tidy and cozzy. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. REALLY WORTH FOR MONEY! The only that concerned me would be the parking area and food. However, there is 7-11 next door and Watsonn which opposite of the hotel. I will come here again for sure

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Adeline930
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What the other reviewers have positively written, it is all true. I stayed in a Deluxe Twin (the last room so I have not much choice) but the twin beds are combined to become this huge bed :) I love the bed, I like firm beds and the pillows are all fluffy and soft. TV channels are limited but I'm satisfied with having Nat Geo and Fox Movies, haha. The highlight of my stay has got to be the bathroom. The rain shower to be specific. I love the fact that we can have an option whether to use the usual shower head or the rain shower..and a tap to also wash our feet. Superb. The room is clean, with the usual amenities thrown in. Except there is no minibar.

I have to mention a huge thanks to the hotel for allowing me to check in earlier than the stipulated time. If not I would be alone having to find a place to wait out since my bf had to go for a conference. We arrived by 10am and Fabian told me that we could check in as the room is ready. I was over the moon..as I was tired after the roadtrip and would love to take a hot shower and rest! Same goes to the check out timing..I had to be alone till 1pm and I asked if it's possible to let me stay in the room till then..they gladly told me it's fine as long as it's before 2pm. Eternally grateful for these small kind gestures.

Location is brilliant, very near to all the food places. Remember to ask for the food map, you'll be good to go with that map. The front desk staffs would gladly point you to the right directions if you're unsure.

Parking isn't a problem at all too. If you're driving, just mention this to the front desk and they'll issue you a parking coupon to be displayed on the dashboard of your car. It's free for their guests and it's merely less than a minute walk to the hotel. Safe I believe as there is an attendant there at all times.

There is also a KFC, McDs, Watsons and 7-11 ay extremely close proximity. So no worries for last minute urgently needed toiletries or OTT meds or late night cravings for fast food :)

We're so pleased with the hotel..and we're definitely going to stay in French hotel again for our next planned Ipoh roadtrip!

Room Tip: Take the higher floors if possible..
1 Thank MitchKL