“Spacious budget hotel in Ipoh”
Review of Fair Park Hotel

Fair Park Hotel
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed in May 2013, our 2nd stay (1st was in 2012), through online booking which was convenient. This time around we got a spacious room for RM99 compared to our earlier visit - a boxy room with hardly enough space for praying. So far, the counter service has been good and we got a parking spot within the hotel small compound. With a breakfast for 2 thrown in during the school break, it is a hotel I would come again when I need a night or two for stops.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Thermoprofessor

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights from 12/4/13. Considered centrally located as it is situated between the town and Ipoh Garden. Breakfast was provided although this is a budget hotel. Furnishing looks old even after the facelift. Stayed in the junior suite in the new wing. Room space is large but the bed feels worn. Shower was good with strong water pressure. Check in was without any issue and the staffs were cheerful. Along the road there is a 7-11.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the new wing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank damianteh
FPH_Managment, Manager at Fair Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear valued guest

Greeting from Fair Park Hotel

Thank you for your recent visit to Fair Park Hotel and taking time to share your comments.

Your feedback is important for us as it does help us to improve the services and facilities we provided. We take all feedback constructively and always look towards improvements.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to hotel soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I recommended this hotel they had a big room and staff is really helpful, ipoh is one of interesting place in Malaysia, i like Gua tempurung cave. I think the food on hotel breakfast need to improve. By the way traveller need to be ready to walked coz there no much cab around depend if you book a cab but cab is not meter negotiate to the can driver first before you ride.. They had some some fast food around the street they are safe but careful about their tap water bring your own water to be safe. Ipoh has a lot of cave temple.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear valued guest

Thank your for sharing your feedback on your experience at Fair Park Hotel.

Our hotel is blessed with an excellent location, center where the food and shopping are located only few minutes away.

As to hotel breakfast, we also reminded our cafe operator to look into this matter seriously and sincerely.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fair Park Hotel in the new future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

It was a short trip (1 night stay) for me and my family. When the time we arrive at the hotel the room were ready and no delays during check in. Yes, do agree that the carpets are old but it was clean. That is important. The toilets are clean as well. Front desk staffs are very helpful and they are always with their smiling face.

Location of the hotel is preety good because it is surrounded with restaurants, clinics, shopping malls, etc..

What I would like to compliment is, i did my reservation online without checking my the dates. After I found out, I rang the hotel immediately to check if they could change the date. I was told by one of the staff that she would need to check with her sales team and call back (I had a doubt if I'm gonna get the call back). However they did not let me down and a lady from the Sales team contacted me and confirm the date which I would like to change and the changes was confirm immediately. I was suprise and very happy that the issue was resolved immediately without any further delay. At usual case it will take days to resolve however Fair Park hotel staff has proved that 'CUSTOMERS ARE IMPORTANT' to them.

I and my family are planning for another trip to Ipoh soon. I'm surely going to spend my stay again here.

Room Tip: read the trip advisor FIRST before you book the hotel. Coz I did the same and it was indeed very hel...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
FPH_Managment, Manager at Fair Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Patricia R

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you appreciate the service by our Sales team provided. Here at the Fair Park Hotel Ipoh, we strive to always deliver the highest level of services.

We appreciate your recommendation of us to Tripadvisor readers and look forward to welcoming you back to the Fair Park Hotel very soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here on part of a trip round Malaysia and were not disappointed. I booked the standard room and was upgraded to superior room by the good looking manager due to low water pressure. The reception on duty is very friendly and helpful with perfectly hospitality service. Free wifi is available in the room but signal is rather weak (2 bars out of 4). Anyway, I drove from Kuala Lumpur. Hence, I parked my car at the hotel without any charge.

The beds are comfortable. The hotel does provide the basic amenities like towels, coffee tea, kettle, a mini fridge, a GIANT (old) tv, air conditioning, water heather and hair dryer. There is no safe deposit box.

F&B outlet in the hotel only serve breakfast but there are plenty of cafes and local restaurants nearby the hotel. There was a night market round the corner with plenty of cheap delicious food stalls and entertainment.

I will suggest this hotel to my friends. The price you pay, plus the location and the convenience you enjoy, this is the place to be when you are in Ipoh.

Room Tip: Stay in room 512
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KualaLumpurMike
FPH_Managment, Manager at Fair Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hi Mr Mike

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy to know how we have meet your expectation and you had a happy stay with us.

We take pride in providing the COMFORT, VALUE & SIMPLICITY hospitality to all our guests. Our property located centrally in the city, very convenient and we offer at reasonable prices.

Thank you for recommended our hotel to your friends and thank for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have been staying in fair park hotel since 2006. Business trip from time to time.Good location. Just outside town.From the hassle of the city. Near to the stadiums. Go for morning jogs and excercise. Breafast at the stalls in the stadium area.Fair park hotel's main asset. Its people. From the reception, the house-keeping and the management staff. Housing keeping staff very honest. never lost anything. All my shillings left around always in its place. The house-keeping staff run the extra mile in keeping the room clean.The maintenance stff always handy in fixing minor complaints/repairs.I look at the pluses.Weaknesses-he breakfast. I have choice. I do not it.Malay & Mamak restaurant just nearby.nes stand and 7E. The hotel has all the basic facilities. My room my office.Has wifi. Met people from central Asia, India, Pakistan during all the the hockey matches. Ipoh is the Hockey capital of Malaysia.
Ipoh is a pleasant city. Reasonably clean. Well protected pedestrain walk- ways. Helpful bus drivers.Bus Drivers really help the old and physically handicapped.There are things in Ipoh That KL can adopt/learn.
My stays in Ipoh and Fair Park Hotel has always been pleasant. But it works both ways. We have to be nice to people for people to be niceto us. Say Terima Kasih as in the TV advertorials. Fair Park Hotel is the place to be for me when I am in Ipoh.
Keep up the great work Fair Park Hotel and Thank You for making my trips memorable- always

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Jalan Fair Park is much quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
FPH_Managment, Manager at Fair Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Razi

Thanks for the feedback. We happy to know how we have meet your requirements during your stay. We take great effort in seeing into each and every need of our guests.

Lastly, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went out from the room in the morning, after i made sure my luggage was zipped and kept away inside the closet. Then when i returned in the evening, i discovered that, not only that my bag is out of the closet, the bag was opened. I was shocked. The hotel room was cosy enough but i can't sleep that night. Didn't feel really safe after what had happened earlier. :(

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business