“PERFECT HOTEL IN IPOH”
Review of Fair Park Hotel

Fair Park Hotel
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here on part of a trip round Malaysia and were not disappointed. I booked the standard room and was upgraded to superior room by the good looking manager due to low water pressure. The reception on duty is very friendly and helpful with perfectly hospitality service. Free wifi is available in the room but signal is rather weak (2 bars out of 4). Anyway, I drove from Kuala Lumpur. Hence, I parked my car at the hotel without any charge.

The beds are comfortable. The hotel does provide the basic amenities like towels, coffee tea, kettle, a mini fridge, a GIANT (old) tv, air conditioning, water heather and hair dryer. There is no safe deposit box.

F&B outlet in the hotel only serve breakfast but there are plenty of cafes and local restaurants nearby the hotel. There was a night market round the corner with plenty of cheap delicious food stalls and entertainment.

I will suggest this hotel to my friends. The price you pay, plus the location and the convenience you enjoy, this is the place to be when you are in Ipoh.

Room Tip: Stay in room 512
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KualaLumpurMike
FPH_Managment, Manager at Fair Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hi Mr Mike

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy to know how we have meet your expectation and you had a happy stay with us.

We take pride in providing the COMFORT, VALUE & SIMPLICITY hospitality to all our guests. Our property located centrally in the city, very convenient and we offer at reasonable prices.

Thank you for recommended our hotel to your friends and thank for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have been staying in fair park hotel since 2006. Business trip from time to time.Good location. Just outside town.From the hassle of the city. Near to the stadiums. Go for morning jogs and excercise. Breafast at the stalls in the stadium area.Fair park hotel's main asset. Its people. From the reception, the house-keeping and the management staff. Housing keeping staff very honest. never lost anything. All my shillings left around always in its place. The house-keeping staff run the extra mile in keeping the room clean.The maintenance stff always handy in fixing minor complaints/repairs.I look at the pluses.Weaknesses-he breakfast. I have choice. I do not it.Malay & Mamak restaurant just nearby.nes stand and 7E. The hotel has all the basic facilities. My room my office.Has wifi. Met people from central Asia, India, Pakistan during all the the hockey matches. Ipoh is the Hockey capital of Malaysia.
Ipoh is a pleasant city. Reasonably clean. Well protected pedestrain walk- ways. Helpful bus drivers.Bus Drivers really help the old and physically handicapped.There are things in Ipoh That KL can adopt/learn.
My stays in Ipoh and Fair Park Hotel has always been pleasant. But it works both ways. We have to be nice to people for people to be niceto us. Say Terima Kasih as in the TV advertorials. Fair Park Hotel is the place to be for me when I am in Ipoh.
Keep up the great work Fair Park Hotel and Thank You for making my trips memorable- always

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Jalan Fair Park is much quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
FPH_Managment, Manager at Fair Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Razi

Thanks for the feedback. We happy to know how we have meet your requirements during your stay. We take great effort in seeing into each and every need of our guests.

Lastly, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went out from the room in the morning, after i made sure my luggage was zipped and kept away inside the closet. Then when i returned in the evening, i discovered that, not only that my bag is out of the closet, the bag was opened. I was shocked. The hotel room was cosy enough but i can't sleep that night. Didn't feel really safe after what had happened earlier. :(

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank nexs7
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed a nite on a weekday in sept 2012. Staff r efficient, courteous, friendly, helpful. I sensed a genuine tone in their voices when they wish u gd morning, gd evening etc n that's a gd feeling to have when travelling. Room overlooks the hotel's private ample parking space so u don't have to worry abt yr vehicle. A bit noisy though cos the room also faces the main road but then for 109 malaysian ringgit incl breakfast, it's a small matter. Convenient location with a popular shopping mall nearby. Well, I'd stay here again nextime when in Ipoh.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Zawil
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Once again i was proven right when i decided to book this hotel for 2 nights during the Hari Raya holidays. The price was reasonable considering it was the peak period. I booked it online.

When i got to the hotel, I found the front counter staff & supervisor to be very friendly and helpful and courteous...always with a smile and was generous with their "thank you"s. The room was clean. The free internet connection was good. Fast enough to surf the net comfortably.
A 7-11 a 1 minute walk. Shopping mall, lots of local restaurants around this area. The nearest ATM 1 minutes away.

The breakfast spread has greatly improved since my last stay in 2011. There were many varieties of food to choose from. The waiters were efficient and were quick to clear the tables.

I did face a little problem trying to find parking when i returned to the hotel after dinner. Perhaps FAIR PARK HOTEL could look into this during your next major renovation.

Nevertheless, all in all, this is and shall be my regular hotel whenever I am in Ipoh Perak. Good job, and keep it up.

Room Tip: rooms facing carpark
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevenchowbig
Reviewed August 14, 2012

nice place to stay,limited parking lot..friendly n helpful staff (maintenance dept & h/k dept). front desk service, highly trained 2 served my needs. thnx alot for th service u hv given!! it's above my expection. 2 star hotel wth a 5 star service!!! CHEERS!!

Room Tip: ask 4 th new wing rooms n stay @ highest floor.. nice view facing th town night time..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Room was comfortable, clean, free wifi. Breakfast was extremely poor, toast with kaya, tea/coffee and noodles or rice which were plain and unappetising. Convenient for my workplace, friendly staff, several steps up before you get to lift, lift opens outdoors into carpark so little security.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business