“Good relax destination.”

Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
“Good relax destination.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel is nice without crowded. The room is big and every thing is fine. Feel very comfortable on morning time at sitting on beach. The entrance road is on bad condition this is the bad image for me since the road is the way to first welcome clients to the resort. When I check out have a staff assist me carry the luggage to my car this get 1 point.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CedricLim
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Cedric Lim,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay with us recently. It is always a pleasure to hear from a happy guest and we appreciate the time taken to do so.

We are continuously striving to enhance our guests experiences and feedback from our valued guests such as yourself helps me identify areas to work on.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back here at Holiday Villa in the near future.

Leslie Pereira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had called the hotel earlier to hold on to my room with a special request for a king sized bed as I would be checking in late at night on 20 SEP 2013. Upon check-in at 11PM, the reception mentioned that my room was not available and they promised to upgrade us to chalet. I declined after looking at the chalet condition. Then, was suggested a honeymoon suite for my family. The "suite" was run down and badly maintained. Taps are not functioning properly, no facility for boiling hot water and TV reception was bad. The air in the room was stale and the furniture were old and broken.
As we were tired, I just accepted the room as it was close to midnight already.

As for breakfast, we came in at 9AM and the egg station already ran out of eggs to our dissappointment. Talk about poor inventory management. Quality of food was below average only. When we left the beach restaurant, we saw a lorry delivering eggs to the hotel. Don't even have a backup of eggs supply in hotel.

The only good thing was the pool, but other guests were allowed to wear their clothes to swim rather than proper swimming attire. No towels were available at the pool!

Paid RM170 for this, definitely for there are better choices of hotel along this Cherating beach.I would not recommend this hotel for sure.
I guess the management will not be responding to this comment.

Room Tip: Probably try the ones near the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank DynamicDD
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Quah,

It was distressing to hear of the occurances that you encountered during your last visit to Cherating.
Please allow me to explain after doing a thorough investigation with regards to your feedback.

I believe the hotel had called you up to inform of the upgrade of your room prior to your arrival as this is a procedure to inform guests of any sort of change that happens due to unforseen circumstances.The chalet that was given as an upgrade is a very sought after category room type among our guests and I was surprised it was not to your liking although it is all a personal preference and we respectfully understand that. Nevertheless, it's lush greenery amongst the gardens is what our guests like and I believe the chalet assigned as your upgrade had a sea-view.I hope you have he opportunity to book one in future to experience it.

Every room in the resort has coffee-tea making facilities and comes with a kettle for boiling water.
With regards to the delay in replanishment of the egg counter, I would like to apologise as it was unusually busy with orders of eggs that morning and this is not surprising as the egg counter serves a wide range of cooking methods which is popular among our breakfast guests. However, the situation was brought under control within 15 minutes as my reports show.

Mr. Quah, I hope this has not marred your perception of Holiday Villa Cherating.
It would be a pleasure to invite you back here in the near future as we value your custom.
Thank you kindly for your feedback as it enables me to place procedures where room for improvement is required. Please be assured that we are continuously enhancing our services to exceed our valued guests expectations.

Leslie Pereira

Travelers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I organized a church camp recently at this beachfront resort and I must comment that the staffs are absolutely wonderful and polite. And especially Ms Diana, the marketing personnel for the resort. She has continuously provided us with excellent service and attend to our request throughout our 3 days event at the resort. The condition of the hotel may not exactly be perfect but it's sufficient for our participants. I highly recommend this resort for anyone planning any team events.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Timothylow
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Low,

It was a pleasue to hear that you and your group had a pleasent stay with us here in Cherating recently.
Thank ou for the kind words of praise and also for singling out Dyana (Sales) as being exemplary .
We appreciate your feedback and comments and are continiously trying to impove shortfalls whether it is in our hardware or software and feedback from our valued guests helps us identify room for improvement.
Likewise, I would like to thank you for your custom and had the pleasure of meeting some of the members of your church camp who I and many my staff found very fiendly and accomodating which made our jobs a lot moe enjoyable to do.
We hope to welcome you and your group back here to Holiday Villa Cherating in the near future and once again, thank you.

Regards,

Somerville, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The positives for this hotel are the pools, the setting on the beach and the cleanliness of the linen. We were a bit worried about swimming in the sea given the problems with jellyfish all along the coast, so having 2 pools made things easier. And the air conditioner worked well.

We stayed 4 nights and had a standard room in the 230's building. I'm jealous that Tweetfw got a chalet for the price we paid for the room... Our room was basic and dated; first room we were given had no phone, so we asked for a change. Second room had 2 lights blown, one with a globe missing, a shower which dribbled rather than sprayed, a shower tap which fell off in our hands, a cracked basin bowl, and a cold water tap on the basin which did not turn off easily. The toilet also had a bad habit of running. The lights, shower head and shower tap were fixed when we asked, but the room should not have been let in that state.

We had trouble with getting the breakfasts which were included in our reservation; went to the restaurant the first morning to be told we needed a voucher if we were to have breakfast; we said we had not been given one but that breakfast was included in our reservation, they rang reception and said that it was not, I went to reception and they said breakfast not included; I asked them to check our reservation and I was told that I would be given a voucher for that day's breakfast and the rest would be brought to our room. They weren't, so that evening I had to go through the same discussion with reception - being told that we would have to pay for breakfast, me asking them to check, them coming back and saying I would have to pay, me showing them the confirmation email, and then finally being given the vouchers. Not good enough.

Also interesting was that the hotel does not provide any complimentary bottled water in the rooms - you have to buy small bottles from the hotel, or go outside. This seems a bit mean - and ironic given it provides tea bags and coffee sachets!

The breakfast was great if you like Asian food, but not so good if you want muesli or yoghurt.

The restaurant has specials for lunch and dinner rather than a full menu, but it is a bit "hit and miss". We do not speak Bahasa Malay, so our communications with staff were not always easy. The Cantonese seafood hor fun the first time we had it had 2 prawns, no other seafood; when we asked the next night why that was so we were told they had run out of seafood. I tried again night 3 and it was much better.

It was also a bit uncomfortable seeing the cats and kittens jump on the table in the restaurant at times. I can appreciate they do a job keeping vermin at bay, but not on the tables!

Other concerns - the toilet needed a good scrub with a toilet cleaner or bleach (it was very stained) and the toilet lid also needed cleaning.

If I were the management of the hotel I would make room maintenance my first priority. Check everything is working. Get the toilets properly cleaned. Vacuum the carpets in the bedrooms (even better, get rid of the horrible carpet!). Do something about the area under the fridge which has no paint. Maybe move up to flat screen TVs? Ensure consistent quality of service and food in the restaurant (saying it is "hit and miss" is being a polite - and the F & B manager was watching one night as the staff in a nearly empty restaurant did not even offer water and generally muddled around). Fix the check-in procedure to ensure guests are given what they have reserved (or, even better, give them a higher class room. The resort is almost empty - give them good rooms, they will say nice things about the resort, and you will get more visitors!). And become more "hands on". The resort smacks of disinterested management that it has got to this state....

Room Tip: No idea where the good ones were - but the 230's aren't any good!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Colin D
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Colin D,

It was disheartening to read of the unforseen occurances you encountered here during your last visit to Cherating. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience it may have caused.

We are effortlessly trying to enhance not only our guests experiences but also sorroundings and hardware and your valuable feedback will enable us to identify specific areas to look into. We would like to thank you for this.

With regards to the non-issuance of the breakfast vouchers with your booking, after investigating the issue, I believe that your room was booked without breakfast as the website stated but I hope it was of a comfort to you that my Front Office Manager extended complimentary breakfast to your room as part of our service recovery.

The breakfast served at our Beach Restaurant caters not ony to the Asian pallette as we have an egg counter with a variety of styles that can be cooked by our chef. We also have pancakes, french toast and syrup, baked beans, sausages, juices and 2 kinds of cereal on a daily basis. This is apart from the Asian dishes available.

We hope that your stay with us has not been marred and would gladly welcome you back to Holiday Villa Cheating should your travel plans bring you in this direction.
I would also like you to contact me personally when booking so as to ensure your next stay with us is a memorable one.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is a 4 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur (city), we checked in for a 3D2N stay and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

We stayed at the deluxe room, it was spacious with tiled floors. The bed was King size with clean bed sheets however, stains can be spotted and yellowish pillow case. Bathroom was equipped with shampoo and conditioner plus towels. There was also hot shower.

We’ve got a small TV in the room, with FOX Movies (astro) showing us some of the newer blockbuster movies, my boyfriend was very thankful for that. Since it’s our mini getaway but we just curled up bed watching TV most of the time as there really isn’t anything to do besides swimming, walking around the beach etc.

It's recommended you drive to this resort, as for food alternatives, we took 30 minutes drive to Kemanan town which is the district of Terengganu following GPS. The famous, must try is the Stuffed Crabs at Tong Juan Reasturant and local Kopi at Hai Peng Kopitiam which I’ve been before so it’s great to re-visit again plus I was surprised it was rather near to Cherating.

Overall the stay was decent, I rate it average only. As being a beach hotel it's already a plus points with friendly staff and parking available. The downside, is the bed sheet stains and lack of mini bar for deluxe room but receptionist said there were. I would say, it's more of a family oriented hotel, many young couples were spotted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon C
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Shannon C,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us at Holiday Villa Cherating. It is much appreciated for the time taken to do so.

We are delighted on the positive remarks on the friendly service and facilities provided which were of satisfaction to you. We here at Holiday Villa Cherating are continuously striving to improve and exceed guests expectations and feedback such as yours allows me to identify areas that need it.

Noted on the bedsheet comment and I have rectified it with extra procedures in place to avoid re-occurance.

Thank you once again and hope to welcome you back here in the near future.

Hermanus, South Africa
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed 1 night during Ramadan, had not booked and after looking at establishments in same price range RM 180 per night , this was by far the best option. We had a traditional style chalet with small porch from which we could see the beach. The was easily accessible and ideal for walking, everything was very traditional including the beach fishermen pulling nets in , in the early morning..The hotel's had two pools , both of which were in good condition and clean. The tariff included breakfast which was adequate. Dinner was served in a beach side restaurant and comprised Ramadan breaking the fast dishes, which were many and varied. Overall we were impressed by he value for money offered.
Out of Ramadan alcohol is available. Clientele was families and couples. Overall impression was clean, and value for money

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Tweetgw,

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the overall experience during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your review as it gives us a benchmark to identify areas for improvement as well as to recognise our staffs efforts in trying to make all our guests stay with us as memorable as we possibly can.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Villa Cherating in the near future.

Holiday Villa Cherating
Malaysia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Overall the staff were nice and helpful. However, the Chalet were old and the beer prices were a little over priced. The scenery was nice but not great. The pool looks old as well. Its time for an upgrade.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank brandern
Dear brandern,

Thank you for the kind words with regards to finding the service and hospitality of staff to your satisfaction.
We are always efffortlessly trying to exceed expectations in terms of service and ambience and hope to see you again in the near future here at Holiday Villa Cherating.

Your valuable feedback is very much appreciated .

Holiday Villa Cherating
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Legend Resort Cherating
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Suria Cherating Beach Resort
Cherating Eastana Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating? Share your experiences!