“Friendly staffs”

Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Friendly staffs”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Came across Rocana Hotel in Kuantan through TripAdvisor. No regrets. indeed it is a very nice hotel in good location. Though it is a corner lot but feel comfort once stepped in. Situated between two shopping malls with easy access to restaurants too. Staffs are friendly especially the lady from front desk, Ms Zati. Another from house keeping, Ms Sharifah. Prompt action was taken when we needed to change into another room. Ladies, thank you for the concern and thank you for making our (me and my daughter) stay comfortable and feel welcome. Sure looking forward for another stay at this hotel and to meet them both again. Not to forget Mr Premm, the receptionist I just spoke to. Keep up the good job.

Room Tip: Book early for city view room.
16 Thank sheilaaishah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bodh Gaya, India
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have to travel to Kuantan once a month to see my east coast clients. Location wise, Rocana Hotel is an excellent place to stay with. Premm the receptionist is super friendly and helpful. He would recommend places to hangout in Kuantan and where not to go. Which for someone who is not familiar with Kuantan would find it super useful. Right opposite the hotel there is a great bar with very nice lamb chop, which is really convenient for people who has to travel a lot during the day. Reasonable price plus easy access to everywhere in Kuantan. I would highly recommend Rocana Hotel for busy people.

Room Tip: Bed in Rocana Hotel is really comfortable. I always have good sleep. I personally would prefer the h...
15 Thank ShaynaJ
Langkawi
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been at Rocana Hotel Kuantan for every month with my family. My kids love this hotel very much. The service is very excellent. The housekeeping was very friendly,politely and very hardworking. Even they have only one lady in that department but she treat all people like her family.
The food was very nice,delicious and the price are reasonable. I love all about Rocana Hotel.
If all of you interested to visit Kuantan,I prefer to you to choose the Rocana Hotel Kuantan. The place is near to the shopping mall,near to the bus station and easy to get the taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
14 Thank shaamir_13
Kuantan
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I follow my husband and this is the 1st time coming to east coast area. This hotel is very strategic places cause of hotel in the middle of 2 shopping mall. Which is Megamall and East Coast Mall. Parking wise i just parked my car and let us walk going to either one of this mall. One thing interest on this places. near to saturday night market and sunday day market. The service also good i request for hair dryer and can be reach fast within 5 minute. But the breakfast need to be more variety. I also feel welcome cause of the staff are friendly during check in and also check out. For my next visit I prefer to stay this hotel due to strategic places. :P

Room Tip: Try first then you all know
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Norma W
kuala lumpur
Reviewed January 20, 2013

the service there is unbelievably poor. even when you request for room make-up it is not being done. hopeless. enough said!!!! can'treally say anything more to explain how bad the service of this place is. when you request for room cleaning and it is not done for not only 1 day but 2 days of reques then that says it all.

8 Thank aaz103
kuantan
Reviewed January 1, 2013

i booked a standard room in the hotel on last saturday. i checked in and make the payment at 2.15pm. The staff said the room was not ready yet, she told me to check in at 3pm. It's ok. After that, i came back to the hotel to check in again at 7pm. I get the same answer again, the room was not ready yet. The staff called to the housekeeping department and asked the worker. The irresponsible worker told me to give him another 1 hour to let to clean the room. The staff said he also don't know why they're cleaning the room. The staff should always alert, once the guest already paid the money, so make sure the room is ready... I don't know what's the housekeeping doing for almost five hours. Lazy? keep chit chatting or.... I don't really understand why such a big hotel looked nice but the service was sp lousy. At last, i have to wait at lobby which is no air-conditioning. Finally i checked in at 7.30pm. i can say that the room was quite comfortable but the service was lousy.
The last quesiton is we have to pay more if we check out after 12pm, is it? But now is your fault, i checked in at 2.15pm and the staff said the room can ready by 3pm. Why after 5 hours i still can't check in? So are you going to pay me?
i like the room as well, but not the service...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank peifoong
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very poor service rendered by staff name Effa. Leave message to her to clean the room at 13:12 . When I came back at 15.40p.m. they still haven't clean my room. When I asked Effa why after more than 2hrs the room is still not been clean she explained- "HER DUTY IS ONLY TO INFORM THE STAFF AND THEY HAVE A SYSTEM WHERE ONLY CERTAIN NOS OF ROOM WILL BE CLEAN IN EACH FLOOR IN EVERY HOUR". Then, I ask her where should I rest now while waiting for the room to be clean? She explain that she cant do anything because she's in the Reservation Dept. Then I said if you're not the person that I can rely on why you accept my message?? then only she apologize and will directly ask the Housekeeping Dept to clean at that point of time. Me,my mom and my daughter 2.5yrs old was so tired and looking forward to rest in our room but was failed due to "WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR OUR TURN IN ORDER FOR THEM TO CLEAN OUR ROOM - THAT IS SO CALLED ROCANA SYSTEM"-according to Effa.
Other than this unwanted experience, the room and location was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family