1,074 results
All reviewschinese restaurantgames roomgarden viewswiss garden beach resortswimming poolbatik paintingprivate beachgreat poolclean beachseafoodbuffet dinnercoffee houseschool holidaysfamily tripf bnice viewegg station
Reviewed January 4, 2010

This is my second stay in this hotel. The last stayed was 7 years ago.
The brand new looking hotel is now in very clean and tidy condition. The room facilities is great and lobby area is marvelous big and elegant.
The buffet breakfast have variety of food to choose and the Swiss Deli coffee house offer a really nice coffee and drink.
My son who are 4 years old is enjoy the games room that they provide and the private beach give the hotel another bonus point.
I will definitely choose this hotel if i visit Kuantan in future.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Stayed with family for two nights in December, booking the family suite.
The hotel is reasonably old-(fashioned), but has what appears to be refurbished lobby areas, Garden Terrace restaurant and pool area. Rooms are set in a large U around the pool area, and you either have pool-facing or rear-(garden) facing rooms. There are a few very lucky rooms with sea-facing views, at the tips of the U. Communal access areas (lift lobby, common corridor areas) are a little dark, musty and old-fashioned.
Our suite was basically two rooms - one a standard garden facing room, and the other a smaller room with twin beds. The room was next to the service lift, which made it a little noisy, and had relatively older furnishings. The pool view rooms look as though they are newly re-furbished, but the garden view rooms look untouched so far. The rooms are definitely not as spacious as viewed on the website, so don't be deceived. However, everything worked as advertised except for the air-conditioning thermostat, which seemed to be completely non-functional. Cleanliness was average. Rooms had a fridge, safe, tea/coffee making facilities, wireless internet and cable TV (non-flat screen). Note for people with children: no Disney channel! Housekeeping was average, but refused to provide more than 2 handtowels for a room of four people. There was audible (people) noise from the corridor and rooms above, but in practice this wasn't a problem after 1030 pm. But your mileage may vary!
Breakfast at the Garden Terrace was patchy - better on the first morning, but on the next morning (there was a large university conference, with matching crowds) food was much worse with limited variety. Indoor seating at the Terrace is limited, and there are some problems with flies for the outdoor seating.
The sports, gym and computer room facilities were average - mostly functioning, but the table soccer was out-of-order, and pool restricted to above-16's. Large computer room with lots of games for children - RM5 per hour.
Pool was good - room to swim, water was clean, jacuzzi warm pool to relax. Didn't get a chance to try the beach - monsoon season, rained out! but it looked passable. Didn't try the spa or massage facilities.
Chinese restaurant food was reasonable, if not gourmet class. Didn't try any other outlets.
Staff were cordial but not warm. Service was average, with no real complaints. We had one blown bulb in our room - maintenance changed it within the hour, and service followed up with call, so kudo's for that!
The hotel is located about 16 km out of Kuantan in the village of Berserah, so be prepared to be a little isolated. There is a shuttle service to Kuantan, but we didn't try it. The village itself seems to offer very little in terms of eating or otherwise.
Overall, I would class this as an average stay, with no real complaints but nothing outstanding either.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mostlyharmless
Reviewed December 3, 2009

We were suppoesed to stay at clubmed cherating but had to switch to Swiss Hotal resorts and spa in the last minutes as Clubmed was having a private company function and no outsiders were allowed during the period we were staying. We booked a family suite and when we got to our room we were shocked at how small our family suite was, On top of that, the selves in the closet were very dusty. With 3 kids and hardly any space to move around (as it was the raining season so we foresee we would have to stay in the room most of the time). we were quite upset as on their website, the family suite certainly looked big. We were starting to regret that we paid a big sum of money for this hotel. We signed up for two family fiun packages (that last for 5 days), the packages were supposed to include free meals, breakfast. welcome drink. cyber games which we thought was a good deal), but when we checked in, some of the vouchers weren't given to us, we had to ask the front desk a couple of times to issue us the vouchers (although they happily issued to us). On the second day, we desided to ask for a change of room as my toddler kept getting knocked by the corners of the beds and furniture as all fiurnitures were so closely placed plus the toilet was extremely small with odd corners and a faulty toilet which can't be flushed. We were happy that the lady at the front desk finally found us a family suite twice the size of the first after we pointed out the photo of their family suite from their printed catalogue on the front desk.
Our stay was in the following days were without much incidents. the food at the Chinese restaurat on site was very good and staffs were friendly and provided a good service.
When were were checking out, I used my credit for payment and the gentleman who handled my checked out handed me a long bills to checked through. envelop, Since I was a little confused about the charges as they itemized the charges, I was busy checking through the many items. When he handed me everything in an envelop I didn't know thaht he did not return me my credit card.Since our trip back to Singapore was a long trip, The next morning when I was going through my wallet, to my horror, II realized that my card wasn't return to me the previous day. I called them at 6am and the girl at the front desk told me they had my credit card. I can't believe that for an entire day when they knew that they didn;t return me the credit card and NOT one single phone call from the hotel to inform me. They have my handphone number in the registration and the thought of someone could have used my card during that period was horrific. To make along story short, they promised to send back the card via courrier service and since the next day was a publuc holiday followed by the weekend, I assumed I will received the card on Monday. When I didn't receive my card by Wednesday, I called up the resort and again was told that they have to ask the relevant people, so I left my handphone number again and waited for another 4-5 hours and decided to call them. The lady who attended to me said that the asistant manageer had kept my credit card in the safe deposit (as if to assure me that it was in a safe place), I was furious and asked to speak to the assitant manager, they put me on hold for a long long time before the assistant manager came on the line and first she told me the other lady who received my call was on leave and then she said she didn;t have my address (what lie is that?) first, I worte my address during registration, secondly, the morning I called when I realized I didn;t have my credit card, I gave my address to the girl I spoke to and she even read it back to me and said that she has it on the computer system, Furthermore, they could have contacted me and confirm my address. During this terrible ordeal, NOT a single phone call from the hotel or an apology from them. I didn't just leave some belongings in the hotel, the card was not return to me and the consequences could be severe (we did manage tio ask the bank to block the card as soon as we found out but one day has passed). The last word she said to me was she wouldn't charge me for the courrier service--- I was speechless!I didn't make the mistake, they didn't return me my card! I will not return to this hotel again. The front desk service was terrible, and the way they handle this credit card matter was very unprofessional!. I did eventually recieve my card. Our vacation was supposed to be a relaxing one but it ended so stressful for us!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank AHKKL
Reviewed October 27, 2009

This is my second visit to Kuantan, but my first stay in a hotel. We chose Swiss Garden because of the good reviews.

As usual, I'll cut it into 2 main categories:

Pros:
Very clean & spacious
Lovely beach - very private!
Near lekor/snack/fruit/salted fish stalls/shops & also yummy seafood restaurants (Pak Su & Beserah restaurants which in my opinion are good but I prefer the latter)
The breakfast at Garden Terrace was up to par. Liked their ham, scrambled egg, porridge & the choices of bread. However, skip the dessert (if any).
Liked the well-decorated lobby area especially at night.

Cons:
Our bathtub sink wasn't working well so it took a very long time to clear all the water from the tub
Gym/arcade room closes at 5 PM
I asked for a fully refurbished room, but the furniture seemed old and 2 light bulbs were out.
Not sound proofed: baby's screams, people's chattering, kids running up & down - all could be heard from the room.
Sorry to say, the staff treated non-Malaysians better than the us (Malaysians).
Unattentive staff who asked me what bed I wanted when it was clearly stated in my reservation form.
2 weeks prior to my stay, I was called by the staff to check-out from my room or else they will charge me. In confusion, I told them I was in the office and did not understand what they were talking about. They apologised and said they did not know I wasn't in their hotel & did not provide further explanation on their action.

Overall, I still recommend this hotel despite the cons which I've listed. If you're on a holiday, enjoy it and don't let petty things (like the above) ruin it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank s0311
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I had been apprehensive looking at photos of the hotel because it looked so old fashioned. I was pleasantly surprised. Most of the hotel has been refurbished recently and the staff informed me that the Garden View rooms will be undergoing refurbishment soon. The lobby and coffee terrace have a modern and yet cozy feel. Even the pool has been redone--it's no longer the huge pool of the older photos but really 3 pools, with a sizeable children's pool and a bubble pool.
We had the seaview rooms that were blocked by the coconut trees but we actually enjoyed this because it gave us privacy to sit on the balcony.
I agree that housekeeping could do a better job (the newly refurbished bathroom was beginning to show signs of fungus in corners) but I think it's difficult to make sure rooms are completely free of the extremely fine sand from the beach, and I suspect the beautiful modern tiles in the bathroom are not entirely suitable for the climate. The hotel has to look into that.
Otherwise, the whole family loved it. The beach is wide and pretty quiet. The sand here has a natural grey colour, which should not be mistaken for being dirty. There's activities that kids and adults that can take part in (including batik painting, which may take the boredom off on a rainy day). Tours to various attractions can be booked through the hotel.
Having said that, it's no wonder that the hotel seems to be a favourite with companies for their gatherings (we ourselves were there for our annual company trip). The busiest days will probably be weekends, so if you like it quiet, it's probably best to go on a weekday.

• Stayed: October 2009