1,077 results
All reviews chinese restaurant games room garden view swiss garden beach resort swimming pool batik painting great pool private beach clean beach seafood buffet dinner coffee house school holidays family trip f b nice view egg station
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I had been apprehensive looking at photos of the hotel because it looked so old fashioned. I was pleasantly surprised. Most of the hotel has been refurbished recently and the staff informed me that the Garden View rooms will be undergoing refurbishment soon. The lobby and coffee terrace have a modern and yet cozy feel. Even the pool has been redone--it's no longer the huge pool of the older photos but really 3 pools, with a sizeable children's pool and a bubble pool.
We had the seaview rooms that were blocked by the coconut trees but we actually enjoyed this because it gave us privacy to sit on the balcony.
I agree that housekeeping could do a better job (the newly refurbished bathroom was beginning to show signs of fungus in corners) but I think it's difficult to make sure rooms are completely free of the extremely fine sand from the beach, and I suspect the beautiful modern tiles in the bathroom are not entirely suitable for the climate. The hotel has to look into that.
Otherwise, the whole family loved it. The beach is wide and pretty quiet. The sand here has a natural grey colour, which should not be mistaken for being dirty. There's activities that kids and adults that can take part in (including batik painting, which may take the boredom off on a rainy day). Tours to various attractions can be booked through the hotel.
Having said that, it's no wonder that the hotel seems to be a favourite with companies for their gatherings (we ourselves were there for our annual company trip). The busiest days will probably be weekends, so if you like it quiet, it's probably best to go on a weekday.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I was here about 5 years ago and wasn't too impressed with this resort. But after reading the recent reviews, I decided to give them another chance and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel lobby was upgraded. The buffet restaurant was great. The rooms were new. Unfortunately, the trees have grown and the sea-view rooms have become tree-view rooms. Perhaps they should consider trimming the trees.

I took the take-a-break package for RM570nett 2 nights with 2 breakfast and a dinner. Overall, it was value for money for this rate. I would come back again for this rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Samily
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We got "seaview" rooms, but no view of the sea as it was blocked by the coconut trees! Also, apparently they refurbished the rooms with new furniture etc, so it did looked new, but I thought the housekeeping could improve. The floor was dirty (like it wasn't mopped) and there was dirt markings on the back of the chairs. Toilets were clean though.

The saving grace was the huge pool, private beach and good breakfast buffet spread. We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant, but it wasn't that great for the price we paid, and service was horribly slow at the Chinese restaurant (they couldn't cope with the numbers).

If you don't mind the dirty floor, then this is a place that is relatively cheap compared to the other hotels, and does have its own private beach.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I traded a timeshare week for this hotel, so I'm not sure on the 'value' if paying cash. The lobby area was very nice, staff were all fantastic and it was very good place overall. The room was ok/nice, but I did seem to have a few critters roaming around. :( I called and they came right up and sprayed, but ants are ants and they were more interested in the bathroom sink than anything, so it wasn't a deal-breaker. I didn't get bit or anything...and I almost expect bugs when traveling in such a tropical place.
I was there during some gi-normous convention for my first 2 days, so the pool was over-run with kids and quite noisey. After they left, it was very relaxing and quiet, though. I was there off-season, so the beach wasn't optimal, but I knew that going in. The restaurant was open-air and quite good...lots of local dishes and also some Americanized things too. I did not hit the buffet, but it was indoors with a/c. lol...I'd hate to see their labor costs...there seemed to be staff at every turn and they were so attentive, I almost felt like they had ESP! I'd think "hmm..I could use some more butter" and I'd go to turn my head and Zoom...they'd be right beside me. I'm not sure if they had room service or not, but after dinner, I tried to order a "to go" bottle of wine for the room and they sent someone up to deliver and cork it for me. I tried to say I didn't mind taking it myself, but they weren't having that...it's all about service there. They all spoke English quite well too....I was a little surprized by that, but it was nice not to have to mangle their language with my little pocket translator.
I HIGHLY recommend the spa here...the prices were so inexpensive, I only booked one thing the first rainy afternoon because I thought it would probably just be OK. Wow, was I wrong! It was so fabulous and relaxing, I was actually hoping for more rain! And speaking of rain, all that staff is standing around with umbrellas to escort you from the main lobby to the spa or restaurant or wherever you're going. nice! Oh, and make sure and take their offer of ginger tea too...it was scrumptious.
They also offer a shopping bus that takes you into the huge mall...there's a 7-11 there, so I stocked up on snacks and bought my souveniers there too.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We were recommended by our close friends to stay at the Swiss Garden Resort & Spa and we are glad we listened to their advice. The resort was beyond our expectation! The room had a great view of the pool and beach, and the lighting at night had a romantic feel to it. The reception girl gave us great tips on things to see and the waiters at the Garden Terrace were very helpful with the explanation of the food. The buffet spread was grand and even had fresh oysters on Friday. Our trip was too short, but we will go back there. We recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a great relaxing holiday!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends