1,074 results
All reviewschinese restaurantgames roomgarden viewswiss garden beach resortswimming poolbatik paintinggreat poolprivate beachclean beachseafoodbuffet dinnercoffee houseschool holidaysfamily tripf bnice viewegg station
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We came and had a look at the Swiss Garden Resort before moving from the hotel we were staying at in Cherating. It was no problem for the staff to show us a couple of room choices and let us have a look around the grounds. I booked on line the morning of our planned move and check in was a breeze. We booked a deluxe sea view room and we were given a room on the top floor (4th floor). The room is spacious with a king size comfy bed, large bathroom with full height mirror, bathroom amenities even include toothbrushes. 2 bottles of water provided daily plus the usual tea/coffee, in room safe, movie channel on the tv, complimentary shuttle bus into Kuantan, our room rate includes complimentary in-room wifi and buffet breakfast. Breakfast each morning is great - choice of sitting outside opposite pool area or inside in air-conditioning - omlette station is yum and so to is the ample choices of other hot food, cereal, bakery items, fruits etc. The resort backs on to Balok Beach and has a large swimming pool, spa and large kiddies pool. It is very pleasant sitting around the pool which is where I will be tomorrow. We had the seafood buffet dinner on our first night here and it was excellent. We have also used the gym facilities and they have a few cardio machines and a good range of weight bearing equipment also. There are a few restaurants across the road for variety if required. The resort is situated midway between Cherating and Kuantan with easy access to both by taxi around 30-40myr to Kuantan and around 50myr to Cherating. I cannot fault the Swiss Garden Resort - the staff are all professional, friendly and helpful. They also have a "spa" Samsara Sap which I hope to visit for a massage tomorrow afternoon. We are loving our stay here and I am sure you will too. Will put photos on when we return to Australia.

Room Tip: Deluxe Seaview rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CasuarinaGrub
RayanKomatt, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for selecting Swiss Garden Resort and Spa Kuantan as your choice hotel during your current stay in Kuantan.
We will gladly share your compliments on the services with our associates who would be delighted to have delivered to your expectations and will continue to do so during your stay here. we are delighted that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet and have currently also added local specialities like Nasi Dagang to have some east coast traditional items also served. Thank you also for extending your stay here and we certainly look forward to your continous support and more return visits from you in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was rainy day. So, no swimming activity. They assigned us to the room next to the pub. It was so noisy at night. My kids can't sleep til 12 midnight. Their front desk team should observe if the guests are on family trip or not.

Room Tip: If you are on family vacation, I would love to suggest you to ask them to assign room far from their pub.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Been to this resort many times. Impressive lobby setting, friendly and helpful staff at frontdesk. But the room was just so ordinary, old bedding, very sandy floor, very limited tv channels, and mouldy minibar. The dining experience was just the fill-up-your-stomach-and-go type. The (only) plus point is the hotel location, it has its private beach and it is quite near town center too ( by car of course). Good food in town, and relax on the beach. That's why for me going to kuantan means staying in this hotel, for sure. Highly recommended for family with kids travel, not good for the hygienic freaks.

Room Tip: What good room? Just get up earlier and head to the beach for a good view of sunrise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I reached the hotel late mid night and stayed for a night with my wife. although it has lready pass mid night, the staff warmly welcome us. The room setting was nice and clean. The next morning was so refressing to see the rising sun from our room. Sadly I have to check out right after the nice fullfilling breakfast for work without able to enjoy the hotel facility and the beach. Definitely will try to fine another opportunity to stay again in this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My first time to Kuantan is because my first job company trip.
The hotel is very comfortable when you are going to the lobby, I very love
the view of there and the breakfast of hotel.
But so far the room I stayed is 2 of single bed in a room, i feel is not bad for the
renovation of the room, can consider to stay with Swiss Garden Kuantan.
Come to enjoy it with the breakfast and the swimming pool, there is the memorable of me
when i going there travel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends