Legend Resort Cherating
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$54
$49
Mega View Hotel(Kuantan)(Great Value!)
$31
$25
E-Red Hotel(Kuantan)
$35
Agoda.com
All reviewsatv rideclean beachschool holidaysseafoodnice resortbreakfast spreadsquashswimmerssunrise
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The Legend tries hard. Aimed at Malaysians rather than the foreign tourist. Take it if you can accept being local. Breakfast was good bit can't say the same for the evening meals. Not too much to do, so just a few days get away would be fine. You'll need your own transport to really get around. I would imagine it would be fun for young children in the pool etc etc.
The fire fly evening visit was intriguing , but not so the evening market. Give that a miss.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Stev E,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

We most certainly strive to offer the best service to each and every one of our guests both foreign and local. I hope that our resort had been up to your satisfaction despite some of the more minor issues you have mentioned in your comment. Do visit us again should you decide to make Cherating your next vacation destination. Thank you.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Location wise : easy to find, many local eatery. However beware , EXPENSIVE. (Better review on Foursquare before ordering foods. It helps.)

Selling point : Nice seaview, friendly staff, easy access to wide clean beach, clean pool. Coconut Grove cafe provides decent eating & affordable too.

Cons : Pipe leaking, water run-out many times, housekeeping not replacing water bottle (2 per room) & u hv to request for bathrm mats. Really? Balcony extremely dirty & oily. Wifi open but can't access from room. only those in lobby can get wifi. Mine is the deluxe room with sofa bed. Stay for a week.

Rating : 6.5 / 10

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank nadzra

Dear Nadzra,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

Rest assured I have forwarded your comment to my heads of departments and will see to it that your issues be rectified accordingly. Despite the obvious letdown, I most certainly hope that these issues had not tarnished your otherwise pleasant experience of our resort. Do visit us again should you find yourself back in Cherating. Thank you.

Resort Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Hi, I stayed here for 2 nights in March. It's almost RM 400 per night for the rundown resort, I would say that the room price is overrated. The TV signal was bad all the time, with the old style small tube TV. The balcony was dirty, like never used for ages. I have to find the sweep for myself to clean it up. Told the housekeeper to call the maintenance to replace the malfunction bulb in my toilet, no one came. Even the malfunctioned bulbs along the corridor were not replaced. The pools were great, but it a bit dirty. Especially the green pool.

Other facilities, like gym and sauna, I didn't see any signs showing neither the gym nor sauna.

The positives are, friendly and informative staffs and rich breakfast.

I took 4 rooms for 2 nights. Definitely will never come back unless its been upgraded.

Regards.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Shamosam,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

It certainly is distressing to hear of your unpleasant stay here with us. Rest assured that I have forwarded your comment to my heads of departments and I will personally see to it that this does not happen again. Please note that due to the high occupancy during the duration of your stay, the green pool had been closed and was undergoing maintenance at the time. Also, do note that we are in the midst of refurbishing our rooms to ensure a better experience for all of our guests. I most certainly hope that you could consider visiting us again the next time you are in Cherating despite the mishaps. Thank you.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Almost all the rooms got beautiful scenery of the beach. The rooms are adequately supplied with basic needs. The staffs are very friendly. However WiFi is a bit poor. Breakfast offers variety of food.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Muzakhir_Asrul,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

I am delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us and I have forwarded your honest compliments to my heads of departments. Do note that we are in the midst of refurbishing and one of our major improvements will include a full coverage of Wi-FI services throughout the resort. Rest assured, your next stay will have you better wired to the web. Thank you.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Spacious and clean rooms, with the best view ever . Breakfast quite rich and staff very friendly .
The only inconvenience is the pool ...is so beautiful but so dirty :(((.
The beach is incredible but be careful ... a lot of midges will bite you .

I have been in other resorts in the same area and I can say that the Legend is one of the bests . At my first place there is the Holiday Villa , just because they have two big and super clean swimming pool .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Erika Carry C,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

Thank you for sharing your rather pleasant stay with us on our Tripadvisor page. I have forwarded your good comments and compliments to my department heads to notify them of a job well done. I am terribly sorry on the state of our pool but also do know that the pool was currently undergoing repairs throughout the duration of your stay. We have also been increasing our smogging activities to deal with our sand fly problems. Nevertheless, we advise our guests to use repellants when venturing outside at night. Once again, I thank you for your compliments and we most certainly hope to see you again soon.