“Excellent location, great rooms & service”

The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Kuala Lumpur
“Excellent location, great rooms & service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed here for the last 2years & it was a great place to stay.
Great rooms with free WIFI/internet
Great beds & cleanliness
Great bathrooms & front desk
Opossite East Coast Mall so you can walk over anytime. The place is great to sleep after a tired day working or if free walk oposite to the shopping centre.
Breakfast was nice. Only the swimming pool is kinda small & has quite a number of steps.
Oh yea, there is a baby playroom also. Great place , my kids & baby had fun !!!
SPA service was good too. I went there for work with my family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank macrossworks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The title says it all. Kuantan is a very small town and you won't have much choices if you are looking for a 5-star accomodation. But for roughly a little over RM200/night, this hotel is value for money.

The front desk staff was ok. They were polite and professional. And the whole checking in process was fast. But they failed to inform me that the room came with free breakfast, so I nearly missed it. Luckily a colleague staying in the hotel called me to ask me to join him for breakfast. How could the front desk failed to inform me of the free breakfast, when they did not issue any breakfast coupons with it? How was I supposed to know of the breakfast? BIG MISTAKE.

How about the actual breakfast? No complain from me. It had a mixture of continental and Malaysian breakfast. But you should get a better cook for your nasi lemak because it was horrible, and I could do better than the hotel's professional cook any time.

Room cleanliness? I found a torn cigarette wrapper underneath the table. This should not have happened if the cleaners did their job. The rest of the room was impeccable. The toilet was spotless and spacious, and I especially love their bathroom concept. But the toilet has NO LOCK. So if you have your friend staying with you in a twin room, taking the shower might be an adventure.

Location? Excellent with the East Coast Mall (Kuantan newest shopping mall) right in front of the hotel. You have Carrefour, Starbucks, Big Apple, Baskin-Robbins, Parkson, Golden Screen Cinemas, Levi;s, Giordano, etc at the East Coast Mall.

Parking? Plenty of free parking at the hotel. But the directions/signs to get out of the parking lot were VERY CONFUSING & MISLEADING. Took me quite a while to figure out the exit. And once I was at the gate, the parking barrier failed to work once I inserted the card. Took the parking attendants a good 2 mins to get the bar to work, and they were very apologetic and informed me that particular ticket machine was always problematic. For crying out loud - this is a 5-star establishment! Get the machine fixed!!

Despite some glitches, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is a 5-star hotel at at a 3-4 star price.

Room Tip: All rooms are OK. This is a brand new hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
kualalumpur
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I've read and heard many good reviews of this hotel. So in my recent trip to kuantan i've decided to give it a try.Unfortunately, the stay wasn't as pleasent as i am expecting.

1. The frontdesk is very slow, the crew lack of smile. They are polite but not friendly. I have to wait 15 minutes to be attended because there are only two attendees. 5 stars and only 2 staffs at frontdesk?and the person attended me was so slow, talking, walk slowly, couldnt issue me a receipt for my deposit and there were like 6 more guest awaiting to be checked in.

2. Ive requested for deluxe king and they offered me room 1111. Well security wise is good as only the registered guest could entered the elavator. (But empire subang of 4 star also got tht feature, and people is amiable, friendly..hurm so not that special i guess). Unfortunately, when i arrived in front of room 1111, the key is not working. Ive so many things in my hand and i'll definitely wont get down for a key change. And the hse fone is only near to the lift which is 65 steps away fm my room which is really at the corner end. Yeah 65 steps is like nothing for those who has nothing much in hands. So as a 5 star hotel you could make an impression of additional hse fone at a suitable and emergency corner. Eventually, i use my cell to call reception and they sent me a bell boy. Well i waited not long, but after he help me open the door, he just said ok i guess all fine. What? Cant you see all the stuffs and my things right at the front door and you never offer a hand to bring in to the room?omigod wht a 5 star hotel....no courtesy to guest.and just walk away.i really love mutiara hotel johor bahru service. The reception and bell boy are polite and very helpful.

3. Room was average. There is a leaking in the bathroom.tho, not tht serious but quite wet when i walk in.the room is in a
dusty musty smelll. I dont expect that.and i guess eastin in penang is far better impression than this hotel. The room is to average for the rate on 284 a nite.i could get cheaper with better service and better room smell....tho a bright site, wifi free. Well most of the hotel now have free wifi

I guess my experience for the first timer with zenith is not going well. Tho it is near to the mall, location wise is good but nothing impress me of the service. I wonder why people saying this hotel is amazing.

I experience an amazing stay in mutiara hotel, in dorset, in hilton, in
empire hotel, even in a 3 star hotel like hotel puri of melaka

To the management team, if u read,please kindly look into this. Not all the time and everyone happy with your service.

Tq

Tq

• Stayed September 2012
Malaysia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We noticed the breakfast has been improved after our disappointing experience in march this year.
It is still not really Western food, but ok if you run the croissants through the toaster to heat them up. Hopefully they are doing something about the coffee as well.
Nasi lemak tasted better than previous time.

But the major reason for us to book this hotel are the spacious and well equipped rooms, a fantastic shower and free internet, either wifi or cable internet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We came after reading so many good reviews about this hotel. Everything's true. Hotel looks great. Our room on the 22nd floor was spacious and beautifully laid out. The bathroom was wonderful and clean, probably because it's quite new. Breakfast was alright too. Will definitely go again.

• Stayed September 2012
Tanjung Tokong, Malaysia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I just cant explain how disappointed am i with the lady called Aida Puteh, as what has mentioned by your senior and old front desk manager. As a customer I was not greeted even. I was at the counter and she going in and coming out as she want. She was talking and laughing with the person who sit behind the counter I guess. I was really upset if this what the zenith people call service!! when I called the senior manager and complaint, he dont even bother to listen and started to backup the lady.Im informing different things to him and he defending for something else. From my heart.. that was a WORST SERVICE ever ever ever. Hope the Chairman/President/VP/GM/Exec Manager will take note and improve the service level IF CAN.

Room Tip: Rooms are good.. the service going down to drain
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kl
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I wanted to make a booking for the hotel stay in Kuantan. So i compared the rate all around and i noticed that if i make booking directly with the hotel is much more cheaper which only cost me RM284.20nett. However, if booking with agoda.com, it will cost me RM292++. It was RM8++ cheaper. Therefore, i selected to book directly with the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mk t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Vistana Kuantan City Centre
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Rocana Hotel Kuantan
Rocana Hotel Kuantan
#5 of 43 in Kuantan

Been to The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan? Share your experiences!