“no more stay at this resort.”
Review of Sanctuary Resort

Sanctuary Resort
Ranked #12 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Kuantan
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Room was dirty,smelly,front desk staff very rode,no hot water at bedroom.you can fine so many ant at their floor.i and my family have bad experience stay at this resort and we never came back at this resort.Room rate so high Rm 350.00 you gate nothing . for any friends thing 1000 time if you need to stay at this resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank zek_12
Tosswill, General Manager at Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Its sad, these guests did not enjoy there stay, we are extremely sorry for that. We recall this guest and we at times have problems due to the amount of persons staying in a 3 Bedroom Apartment. Our staff at the front desk are very co operative other than when over crowding in Rooms applies.

The Hot Water Switch is in the Kitchen, and it apears sadly our Guest did not read the instruction in the room, for this we are sorry for. However we have adequate maintenance staff and could not find any record of a complaint logged to my surprise.

We are located on the Direct Beachfront of the South China Sea. So we are fortunate to get a Sea breeze with Two Sliding Doos opening to a Large Balcony plus several other Windows and 4 Air Conditioners, we can only assume what could be what the guest call smelly was in fact something Else.

Again no comments logged at our front desk to my surprise.

We do find when more than 6 Guests are in a 3 Bedroom Apartment guests that have to pay extra fees for Extra Persons do not like it and get very Angry.

This is human nature, we have now a no tolerance Policy when it comes to Extra Persons in Apartments which is surprisingly before very common, but there is resistance to Change.

For this were are sorry for inconvienience.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Why most all the review is so bad? I come to this apartment it not like what are they say. The apartment so nice with nice view (sea view). The toilet clean complete with a soap, shampoo and towel. All the staff so nice and helpful. Have a pantry and can cook by our own food just need to pay only RM 50 for kitchen kit. So peaceful at night. I suggest to all to come here.
I will come back here sometimes.....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aNm87
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The room was dirt, toilets are dirty. Sheets look as if it has not been washed for months. The staff are not helpful they even complained to the boss that we ask them to clean the rooms so many times. Well we expect a decent room, I was dreading to go to the toilet it was that bad! And one of the people in my group bummed into the owner and complained and instead of being apologetic he was very annoyed and did not apologize for the conditions of the room. Overall I would not recommend to anyone and i will definitely not book a room here ever.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Endorab

We are so sorry for the inconvienience to this Guest. When a Group is booked in Here, the Organiser for the Group allots there Members to each Apartment. If Standard Room or Rooms with Extra Beds definetly members guests can be inconvienienced.

Again we find it disspoiting and sad that some comments dont reflect the Resort when others are to blame. Heresay sadly damages our reputation.

As I am the boss, and I can assure all if I had a Guest Complaint I act Imedietly I had no conversation that I can recall where upon logically one would not address a guests complaint imedietely.

We opologise for what appears to be more politics than events as we never wish to have an unhappy guests.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Where to I begin?

1. Paid RM350 for a 2 bedroom apartment with NO hot water shower. When asked, the receptionist said that it was only available in the 3 bedroom apartment (going for RM430). Mind you this was for the apartment NOT facing the beach or the pool.

2. The 'resort' has seen better days..perhaps about 20 years ago. It is a little run down. Musky air, dirt, dust and stains are everywhere.

3. When I arrived, I notice a used coffee cup on the 'dining table'..in the hall, it was still there 24 hours later.

4. It is dark everywhere - stayed on the 4th floor of Block B and the lights along the aisle were not working (no bulbs?) and the lift was 'erratic' (I suggest using the stairs).

5. NO security was evident except for the lone young girl at the reception. I don't feel safe, thankfully I was with group of 20.

6. The pictures are accurate description of the deplorable condition.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere !!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sza1968
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Believe all the bad reviews you are reading from other reviews! I don't normally write bad reviews but the condition at Sanctuary is soooooo bad I had to write this one. I had to stay here because the company I work for booked the hotel for its get-together.Top on my list of hell at Sanctuary is the air-conditioning which needs servicing, The second, the staff who never showed up to service the air-cond, hence, two nights of tossing and turning on the bed due to uncomfortable room temp. The third, the clealiness of the hotel. Ohhhh my God, if you could bear to sleep in a bed full of stains and sit on a sofa that is very dirty, than maybe this hotel for you, BUT wait that is not the worst news, they actually have very nice rooms here at Sanctuary, with working air-cond, clean sofas and so on but these rooms are few and far between. If you are lucky, you might end up with these rooms which are the ones advertised on the internet. If your company is considering booking this hotel, be suspicious of the person booking the rooms for your company. She or he may get the best rooms and leave you and the rest to dumpster rooms like ours did.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ameraa
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The apt unit tht I stayed was huge, 2 bedrooms n 2 barhrooms n a kitchen n a living room. Tht's the only positive aspect of the stay.
The cons:-
1. The place was dirty! Like nobody bothered to mop n sweep the place before the arrival of the guests. Dust everywhere!
2. Terrible sheets n pillows. The pillow cases hv turned grey, n hv seen too many better days! They were hard too.
3. TV didn't hv clear reception, like they forgot to install the aerial or something.
4. We were located on the 3rd floor n the lift was not working! N nobody to help us carry our luggage to our unit.

And the list goes on.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Mijae H
Reviewed July 24, 2012

After coming back from a holiday beach resort on Redang Island our family had decided to take the road back to KL and had booked in advance for an over night stay at sanctuary resort on our way back. Once we had arrived, we were greeted by a midnight barbecue and drinking party held by a large group of youths infront of the lobby playing intolerably loud music. We checked in and walked upstairs to a room and greeted with a broken door lock, a broken kitchen cabinet, ancient furniture, half used viles of soap, stained sheets, broken toilets with yellow water and much more. We had even seen cockroaches outside the room door.

Room Tip: Make sure the airconditioning, water, lights and anything that you might need to use works
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jacob W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Residence Inn Cherating
Swiss Garden Resort Residences Kuantan
Legend Resort Cherating
Legend Resort Cherating
#33 of 44 in Kuantan

Been to Sanctuary Resort? Share your experiences!