“The perfect stay in Kuantan”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mega View Hotel

Mega View Hotel
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
seremban
“The perfect stay in Kuantan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was on a short stay in Kuantan to attend a sports related meeting thus this hotel was selected by the secretary and at first I was under the impression that this is a 100% non-smoking hotel. It turns out that I read the reviews for another hotel so upon checking in my room on the 6th floor, an ashtray and a box of matches were on a small table near the comfy sofa chair. This hotel is currently going extensive refurbishment from the 7th until 9th floor but I did not hear any noise as I checked out early the next day. The room is very large, clean and with comfortable lighting. An electric pot with complimentary 3-in-1 tea and nescafe were provided along a fridge. Two bottles of drinking water. The standing shower has a rain shower which was wonderful. There were 2 sets of toothbrush/toothpaste alongside shower and shampoo in a small bottle. The water flush worked well. The wifi was moderately okay yet the sat tv reception was very bad so hopefully this will be worked out well in the near future. The ac was very cold although I switched it to low then switched it off due to the rain. My room was facing the mosque and there were a lot of illegal race happening across the street thus ruining my sleep so get the river view room next time as a reminder. The breakfast was very filling and this hotel has a 100% fully certified certificate from the Islamic Comm of Pahang and even a former bar on the area near the lobby has been closed down.The staff especially Zahra was informative and free newspapers can be had at the lobby. Kuantan is a foodie paradise and you can travel anywhere from this hotel without a glitch. In conclusion, apart from the poor tv reception, I am very happy and hope to return back in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose the river view room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank norhisham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Imbil, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great value for money. Very friendly staff always willing to assist. Excellent location in town.The hotel restaurant serves an adequate breakfast and the dinner menu was terrific with a a la carte menu and a set menu which was reaaly fantastic value for money an very tasty.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room which has lovely views over the river and the beautiful mosque.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MM2H2014
Perth WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our first time to Kuantan, this hotel is reasonably priced. We found the rooms spacious, a bonus on our first night we watched the fireworks from our balcony, great river view, could not fault the cleanliness of the room. Breakfast was quite good, friendly staff. We would stay again at this hotel if we were to return to Kuantan.

Room Tip: Request room with balcony, great river view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We arrived late in the night, tired from the long Terengganu trip. Check in was unfriendly, no one to assist you with bags, room was 'cold', we had took about 7 rooms. No one informed about the breakfast whereabouts, reception was un'friendly, gave you the keys and you have you have to find your way to the lift. Breakfast was cold and unpalatable. One of the rooms that my colleague stayed in, she had a bad experience as it was not only her and another person in the room but 'another' which she experienced at about 1.30AM.

Room Tip: Unfriendly Service from check in to the housekeeping. No iron in the room but a default room for iro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MySweetManggis
MegaView, Manager at Mega View Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
On behalf of the Management , I would like to apologise sincerely for the unsatisfactory service rendered to you and your colleague during your stay(Plus i do have to admit that my receptionists should have been more empathy upon your arrival late in the night).

Hereby, I would also like to clarify the Management's stance that these are definitely not in accordance with our hotel service & quality policy and neither is it reflective of how we train our staffs.

As regards to unknown ‘cold’/ 'another visited' , do not be worry. As we respect your beliefs, I think it was worth considering since 15 years being established our hotel inherently occupied up to 90% most night & we never receive such gripe. It could have been false feeling due to tiredness.

Nevertheless , the Management has to admit there were our negligence .I had taken up your complaint seriously and had instructed our human resources department to increase training in our continuous effort to improve our client experience.

Once again, i thank you for highlighting your frustration and discontent to us so that we can improve on our service rendered to other guests and yourself in the future. Thank you for choosing Mega View Hotel Kuantan as the preferred venue your accommodation We certainly enjoyed having you and your colleagues here. Please do not hesitate to contact me on your next visit. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again.

Resident Manager,
MEGA VIEW HOTEL KUANTAN
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a tall, imposing building overlooking the spectacular mosque on one side and the river on the other.
It is reasonably priced with helpful staff. There is a very good buffet breakfast. Room service is provided and is decent enough.
The rooms are spacious with terrific views as mentioned, this includes a balcony. It is very clean and comfortable.
I would recommend this hotel if you are in Kuantan.

Room Tip: Try for an upper floor room and get a panoramic view over the city facing the spectacular mosque
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Perak
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Well, this is the first time I went to Kuantan as I read from review, this hotel is quite good with affordable price. The review is totally correct. Good service, nice room which is facing the river. Nice environment and view. Got a problem with key card but receptionist settled it quickly by sending someone with the new key card. Very beautiful especially in the morning. Breakfast also tasty and nice. Receptionist very friendly and she smile all the time. I still remember her name on the name tag which is "syakilla". Greet me as well. The other staff also very warm. I love to stay here and i will recommended to my friend and also my family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

- had terrible experience with hotel key card, checked in two rooms but unable to open with key cards, staff was helpful to change the room for us but same problem exist.

Stayed at level 7 standard room, room cleanliness is not the worst but abit below expectation. Old tv old cupboard.

Breakfast is simple and considered good.

I would advise to spend a little more and stay at hotel door steps away.

• Stayed August 2013