“Cheap and convenience”
Review of Mega View Hotel

Mega View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stay in deluxe room for a night during non-peak season. Got a room at the corner of the hotel at 5th floor facing kuantan river/tanjung lumpur bridge. I really satisfied with the cleanliness of the surroundings, room as well as the toilet. Surprisingly their breakfast was quite good despite not so many guest during mon-peak season. For rm120 per night (gov rate) surely i will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank faqhroll

Reviewed November 24, 2012

ive always on a business trip to kuantan and i always stay in this hotel. what i find this hotel is better that is they serve the most delicious fried kuey tiau. if u stay in this hotel, make sure u order the fried kuey tiau mamak. you will not regret. the room was average and got any average channel. the staff very friendly and ok. overall is fantastic =)

Room Tip: select the riverview, u will be surprised
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JasonBourn
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We arrived late at 4pm and the hotel was politely to assure that our room was allocated despite our late arrival. We were greeted by an excellent front desk staff named Mr. Voon and he was very helpful, polite and efficient. Although this is not a new hotel but I was impressed with its maintenance... good. We have been allocated a room at top floor (9th) and the room was very comfortable, tidy and most importantly, clean. It has creamy wall color and marble top for all tables. Although bathroom's design was not brand new but it was absolutely clean and comfy. I can't find a single mold in it and it was an excellent job well done.

We asked for a river side view room and at its balcony, it has a breathtaking view. We can view the calm Kuantan river and further with sea shore too. That was a magnificent view and at sunrise, it was beautiful. Before we reached at Kuantan, we went to Bukit Gambang Water Park and surprisingly, it was not crowded in the Hari Raya holidays. When I first went there, we were like stampeding each other. Anyway, the water park was opened just for us....play as much as we like. At Kuantan, well, the famous Zul Satay also closed during the Raya, sad to say that....ended up having an expensive and unexciting Kenny Rogers Roaster dinner...not impressive at all...sad again. The breakfast at the hotel was very normal...in fact below par. However, we had it for 2 adults and 2 kids with 2 breakfast coupon...well, no complain at all.

We booked this room at a promotional price RM110.00 with 2 breakfast. Original price was RM150 with taxes. Well, with this promotional price, it was very worth to stay there and and I guess no doubt it was one of my comfortable stay list.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Milky99
Reviewed June 4, 2012

A huge nondescript riverside mid-range business hotel.

Rooms here are bland - cream walls and sheets (our beds never had so much as a cover on them - the receptionist said they had already been taken off our beds before we had even checked in! - most places at least let you see your bedcovers before they whip them off the beds). High ceilings and big windows (a bit too high up to comfortably look out of while sitting in the room's chairs). Our room had two small very faded '80s style prints and a flat-screen TV. The location is great (by the river) and the rooms are clean.

Not a bad option (though not a really great option either), especially if you can get a promotion.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie_L14
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 3 pm and check in only took 5 mins. Requested for room facing the river and man... get to see the beach behind the small island enclave. It was stunning. The room took us by surprise.. this is 2 * hotel with 3.5* facilities. Room is beautiful, bathroom is cute with rain shower (slightly small but cute nevertheless). Ample parking space and comfy bed. Astro channels included Fox movies :) Breakfast was not so much variety but enuff. For the price that we paid (RM 140.00) we seriously can't ask for more...

Room Tip: always ask for rooms facing the river
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ladyev
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed here with my girl friends for our much needed break. The reason I chose this hotel was because of the price. We booked for a family room, and the room is very spacious. We got the river view room so it was quite nice to see the boats passing by. The breakfast was average. It is value for money as the price is reasonable. The hotel is situated in the heart of town. I wanted to try the river cruise but did not have adequate time to try it out. You don't have to worry about finding food as the choices are abundant. If you are on a tight budget, then definitely this hotel suits you.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Hasreena
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on my first ever business trip to Kuantan and I've been coming back ever since. I was quite skeptical at first when I entered the lobby as it was just average looking. But when I checked into my room, I was totally blown off by the great river view! And since then, I only requested for the room with balcony. And price wise, it's really appropriate. Forgot how much it was, but definitely less than RM200 per night.

Another plus point is, although I rarely fancy hotel food, but I particular liked this one. Although the breakfast choices were quite limited, but the food was nice and tasty, very different from the other 5 star hotels; gazillion breakfast choices but none are edible :)

Room Tip: Do request for the room with the balcony and you'll fall in love with this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business