“Great local flavour”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Satay Zul

Satay Zul
Ranked #3 of 226 Restaurants in Kuantan
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great local flavour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Great and tasty local food. Parking is a bit chaotic but manageable. Be early especially during weekends

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“For satay lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

Good variety of satay and tasty too. They also serve some other food. The 2-storey restaurant was clean and nicely decorated. Very popular with lots of patrons at night. Service was a bit slow at times.

Visited December 2010
Penang
“Best Satay in Kuantan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Satay Zul is a long famous satay house in Kuantan, I went for it everytime visiting Kuantan and most of the times it would be long queue. This is a typical Malaysian local restaurant, you can't expect fine dining services and sometimes they will miss out your order. The must not miss will be the chicken and beef satay and also don't forget to order "Nasi Impit" with your satays. I am from North-west Malaysia, there is no Nasi Impit for satays. For those who are adventurous, you may order deer or rabbit satays. Beside satays, Nasi Dagang will be one of the signature dishes in East-coast Malaysia. The Nasi Lemak at Satay Zul also not too bad.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank NeeNee_Cho
Kuala Lumpur
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

I would not go to this restaurant again. This was my first time to the restaurant and we went at night. The restaurant wasn't full but we requested for a table outside so that we can enjoy some smoke. However, the waitress was very rude and were make to feel like being given an ultimatum to sit inside if we want food to be served . I think they could have told us politely and it would have been okay for us. This was the first and last time here.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank trailblazer88
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good one!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

Just recently went to Kuantan and this was the first stop of eating place when we were there. I have been eating satay at a lot of places...well, this is absolutely fantastic. Both the chicken and beef are really good. The size of each stick is bigger and the taste is really fabulous. I am beef and lamb lover...so, when they serve the beef, from the look first, it was so juicy and well presented. Before I tasted it, I know it should be awesome...yeap..it was so fulfilling...the only regret was I did not order much as I was sparing space in my stomach for seafood later...however the seafood was terrible. Fyi, each chicken stick is RM0.60 and beef is only RM0.70...damn reasonanble. Their shop opens from 3pm to night...so, I did not manage to come back the next day...simply awesome.

2 Thank Milky99