Royale Chulan Seremban
AERO Star Hotel(Seremban)(Great Value!)
$20
  • Restaurant
Seremban Inn(Seremban)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsroyal bintangswimming poolnice roombuffet dinnercoffee housebusiness tripbuffet spreadreception counternice stayenjoyed my stayhotel room isshopping mallno hot waternasi lemakbathtubexecutivetasik
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Just stayed for 1 night at the Royale Bintang.

Location
Really nice, next to the Lake Garden. Nice scenery and peaceful, yet very close to the town.

Check-in
Smooth. No issue.

Room
Our room was warm since the airconditioner was not switched on prior to arrival. It also took a while to cool. The mini bar fridge too was not cold at all. Another minus was the pillows - far too soft. I had to ask for a couple more pillows despite there being an extra 1 in the cupboard! Aside from these faults the room was nice and cosy. Bathroom was really nice, with both shower and bath. Our room had a partial view of the lovely swimming pool and the window could be opened. Nice and clean. Of cause it was showing it's age but nothing to complain about.

Breakfast
A good variety for breakfast. However, some food items tend to be cold. Ie, the Asian rice porridge in the pot. One of the worse coffee I've tasted! Really weak. Service was a bit off as well. I sat at a section which was initially filled with a particular company group. Then the group left. Thus, that whole section was empty except for my table. When I came back with more food I found my table being cleared (I had some unread newspaper on the table)! When I told the waiter that I haven't finished he told me that the section was closed and I was ushered to another table! Hardly 10 minutes later that section was filling up again...

In general my experience at the Royale Bintang was good. Their swimming pool is really pretty and I wanted to have a swim. However, upon arriving at the pool I was told that the pool was closed for a private function. I called to complain to the Guest Services Manager that I was not informed upon check-in. As if I was I would have swam earlier. The Manager thus accorded me a 6pm late check-out the next day, which I feel was a good gesture on the hotel side.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Located right in a lovely park area that has a lake, the hotel doesn't look like much from the outside. An evening walk around the park was interesting though, and provide good exercise after a long day at work.

The seminar room was OK. They have lots and lots of seminar rooms for you to choose from, in case you wish to hold a meeting/workshop there. We were provided with 6 meals daily - breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper - but then that's the norm for Malaysian hotel meetings. The food was pretty good - selection was interesting too. I enjoyed the Bombay toast - which is like french toast, but served with spicy tuna. Most of the time, we were too full to eat the snacks provided during the tea breaks.

The room - that's like a good 5-star hotel - clean, spacious - and the nicest most comforatble bed and pillows i've ever slept in (second only to the one at Westin Indianapolis). The room has both a bath & a shower, and lots of toileteries are provided. Best of all - free wifi connection is available everywhere - in the bedroom, as well as in the meeting room. Plus parking is free too.

All in all, one of the best meetings at a hotel that i've ever attended - and i've attended many.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank pbkoon
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Room was a bit old as was the fitness centre. It was quite a large hotel with some surprisingly good restaurants. Cannot expect too much for Seremban, KL is a short drive away. Parking was free.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My 2nd stay in Seremban, first at this hotel. Wasn't sure what to expect - was confused by all the name changes, is it Adelphi? Bintang? the old Hilton? The latest name is the Royale Bintang.

Check in went fine. No crowds so staff could give us undivided attention. Bell staff was helpful.

The rooms (we had two King rooms) were lovely. Done in yellows and white, with light-colored wooden furniture. The bathrooms were extravagant in marble tile. Full tub, separate shower stall with glass door. Standard amenities at sink, nice little hamper for laundry in the WC.

The climate control was fabulous. I'm a hot tamale, so I lay great value on being able to "ice" my room, and was able to really get 'er chilling. Loved it.

TV was a bit old, but worked OK. There was a radio channel station so I was happy to just have a bit of music instead of TV all the time.

Housekeeping staff was friendly and efficient.

My highest kudos go to the Asiatique restaurant. My goodness, the breakfast buffet was an absolute dream. They had everything a European would want, i.e. cold cuts, jams, divine breads/rolls, yogurt. An American would love the cereal, toast, made-to-order omelettes, hash browns. There were baked beans for the English guest, and many, many asian dishes for the asian guests. Indian guests would find roti (handmade, fresh) with toppings. Tea was good, coffee was OK (I'm a coffee afficianado so I'm harder to please on this front.) I can't go on enough about how good it was. Highly recommended.

The spa at this hotel also deserves highest recommendations. It is set beyond the pool area, behind the hotel. A lovely little walk. The staff is attentive and welcoming. The atmosphere is serene. We were greeted immediately with a cup of ginger tea. We chose some treatments and were whisked in to the spa rooms. They had two standard massage tables ready for us. They were comfortable. Attention to detail was evident in placement of flower bowls beneath the massage beds, so we had something to look at whilst being massaged. I had the aromatherapy massage - a complete DREAM! My friend had the de-stressing massage and she was blissfully content. I think they ran us about RM66. I found this a really reasonable price. Granted, it's twice what you'd pay in Thailand (THB300), but for us, it was still much less than what we pay in the States ($60 and up). The treatments were an hour long. The massage therapists were ladies trained in Indonesian method. They were very professional.

I can't rave enough about this hotel, the food and the spa. Can't wait to go back.

Also, is in a convenient location to shopping at Parkson, and not far from the roadway.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We stayed here for 16 nights during March 2008. The hotel had just changed its identity from The Royal Adelphi and a lot of the branding still showed this earlier name. We had a king-bedded deluxe (standard) room on the non-smoking seventh floor facing the city.
The room was slightly larger than average and fitted out in the standard fashion. There was nothing remarkable about it but the décor was showing distinct signs of wear and tear; there were stains on the carpet and the walls had scuff marks. The bathroom was again standard fare but with a separate bath tub and large shower. Sometimes the water was brownish and smelled very strongly of chlorine. There was free wireless Internet access from the room but the connection was very slow.
Our tariff included breakfast, which is offered buffet-style in the coffee shop. The choice of foods was quite extensive with the usual mix of European, American and Asian dishes. Eggs were cooked to order as were the roti, which were excellent. However, the ‘hot’ buffet dishes were usually at best lukewarm as was the tea. Dirty crockery was cleared promptly from the table between courses but dirty tables took longer to clear and at peak times we sometimes had to ask the staff to clear a table for us before there was anywhere available to sit.
On the plus side, the staff must be some of the friendliest we have ever encountered. They were genuinely interested in our stay and quick to offer help and suggestions. Also a plus was the Deli counter. The hotel is big on cakes (unusual in Malaysia in our experience) and you could also get sandwiches which were freshly made to order. They were quite delicious and inexpensive. We sampled the Dim Sum brunch in the Chinese restaurant on Sundays and the staff explained some of the more unusual dishes and made recommendations. It was good value for money.
On the minus side, our room faced the mosque, which caused us some disturbance, especially just after 6am. The room itself also suffered a lot from the noise of other guests. Unfortunately, no matter how carefully you tried, it was impossible to close the room door quietly. This was exacerbated by the fact that most guests didn’t even try to be quiet so we were woken late at night and early in the morning by slamming doors. We could also hear water running in neighbouring rooms and a lot of noisy children. Over the Easter weekend the hotel was very full and the room above us was occupied by a family. They were the noisiest children on the planet and appeared to have been left alone to run riot. When we could no longer bear the banging noises and shrieking, we went to Reception and asked them to come and listen. Despite the fact that the staff were so nice and friendly, the Duty Manager’s first suggestion was that it was maintenance staff and that he would check if anyone was working. He disappeared. The noises continued so we contacted Front Desk again and asked more firmly that they take some action. They said that they had telephoned the room but no one had answered! They had not bothered to go to the room and the Duty Manager then suggested that perhaps the parents had left the children alone. We pointed out that the noise level was unacceptable and that if nothing was done we would check-out. Interestingly we never heard another peep from the room above but along the corridor there was still another noisy family. After the Easter weekend the whole hotel quietened somewhat.
Another minus point was the standard of cleaning. The room was clean when we arrived but for the following days only the bed linen and towels were changed, the consumables restocked and the rubbish bins emptied. In 16 days the room was not hoovered or dusted and there was no evidence that the bath tub or basin had been cleaned. In fact by the end of our stay there was rather a lot of evidence to the contrary! Although the bed was comfortable and the linens clean, the quilt cover and sheets were always stained or marked – not very appealing.
If you must stay in Seremban, then I have no doubt that this is by far the best hotel and for a brief stay, few of the nuisances we experienced would manifest themselves. The staff are friendly and helpful, the location is convenient and the hotel has all the facilities you might need. It is not though, in its wildest dreams, five star. Perhaps the rebranding will bring about some upgrading but hopefully the staff will remain excellent.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank MM2H