“Business Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Seremban
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Business Hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A good business hotel, nothing much. The breakfast and lunch offer variety of dishes that one can choose from. Other than that, not much facilities offer. The room is quite big to accommodate your kids if you do bring one or two. But only allow to checkin at 3 p.m. is a big harsh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just like any other travelers who had reviewed (I read the reviews on this hotel all the way back from February 2013 thru January 2012), I experienced the same thing.

First, I am staying the Executive room, costed Rm450 per night which is roughly USD150 (pricy, in this second world country, not third world). However, since this is the top rated start hotel in this remote part of the world, you have no other better choices.

i would give this hotel (previously Hilton, many years ago, I heard) a 4 start (USA standard). My business brought me to this off the chart path of the world.

The receptionist services are not at par with a 4 star hotel. I arrived at the reception at 1:00pm expecting a room. However, the lady receptionist said it was not ready and the said the hotel check in time is 3:00pm and asked me either to wait in the lobby or come back at 3:00pm. With all my luggage i can not afford to go out in the taxi and circle around this town for another 2 hours. There is hardly any chair in the lobby. I found a little corner with a sofa and I sit and wait. I know I can argue with the local people. When 2:00pm comes around I tried my luck and ask another front desk receptionist lady. This time she had difficulty of finding my reservation (despite me giving the confirmation number). She found the confirmation number under a different local muslim name (obviously, she found the wrong confirmation or the hotel computer had hiccup). After some persistent enquiring and showing her my confirmation she finally found my name. However, she said the room was not ready and I had to wait till 3:00pm. I kept silence as I know this place can not be compared to US where you have the chance to check in before noon (sometimes 7am or 9am if USA hotel has the room).

I sat and waited for 2 hour until 3:00pm. I went up the reception desk and this time is the third different receptionist lady. She gave me the room on 8th floor and reassure me that it was non-smoking. I told her that I read from internet tripadvisor that only 7th and 11th floor are non-smoking. She said this 8th floor is non-smoking also. I do not want to argue and pick up my luggage to the assigned room.

The electronic entry card key did not work, so I tried and tried 3 times, each time turning the door handle downward. The door opened and a man was at the other end. He asked, "What's going on?". Instantly I know that the room assigned to me already had someone staying in it. I showed my hotel room key card envelop the room number and said the receptionist make a mistake.

I went downstair and complaint. it took them 2 minutes to find out that the room key given to me had been assigned to someone else. The senior 35 years old man in the front desk escorted me. He apologized and said I had been upgraded at no charge to 11th floor staying in the Executive room. Well, that may be a compensation of what I had been going thru and I forgive them (What a nice man I am, hahaha).

The room is OK with no decoration on the wall (that would be my suggestion to add some picture on the wall if the hotel management is reading this posting, which I doubt). The carpet floor definitely not vacuumed. The bathroom is decent for a USD150 per night room (originally I paid for the Delux room which is USD100 per nite). There is the 32" flat screen samsung TV (different from previous hotel review may be because this is Executive room).

May be I was too tired or may be the room is facing the back of the hotel I did not wake up from the 6:00am morning mosque wake up praying call. The national mosque is kind of directly across the hotel.

So overall, the hotel physical building is rated 4 star, the 3 receptionists service is way below par. May like a 1 star hotel service. The hotel is suppose to be in the hospitality services but my experience with them was the opposite - making paying guest unwelcome. The hotel management must be sleeping and do not monitor the review, comments from tripadvisor. That is a great shame. Or they know their service complalin but do nothing about it (no training to receptionist).

The morning buffet is also before par for the 4 star hotel. By Seremban standard this buffet may be superb. However, for Westener you will be greatly disappointed. The food choices are of Asian faire, which are porridge, Indian roti, oil soaked fried noodle, curry chicken.... not the real world class 4 star hotel standard.

I did not see any taxi waiting by the hotel for the 2 days that I stayed. May be the front desk would arrange for it afterall Taxi terminal is just about 1km away in the train station..... not advise to walk in the hot and humid weather.

The hot water on 11 th floor is luke warm (even when the faucet turned to the maximum heat direction). So I had to soak myself in the bathtub full of luke warm water. The room had 3 bottles of complimentary drinking water. The adjoining room door can not be shut tight, so I move the table against the back of the door so someone from the other side of the room had to push hard on the door in order to get into my room. The air condition fan was quiet and keep the room decently cool.

Room Tip: If you have time take a walk at the pool area. A decent garden that would take your mind away from...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank baketown89
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

To the manager, my family and i stayed over at the Royale Bintang in Seremban from 09 Feb to 11 Feb 2013. We stayed in which was a Deluxe Room. Here are our comments of the accomodation.

1) The entire room smell of cigarette (there was no indication in the online booking to click on smoking or non smoking rooms). The front desk did not even asked for this either, seeing that we have children and all.

2) The TV is a CRT 21" TV, we are living in the 21st century and the best you could offer to your guest is a 21" CRT tv that ALL CHANNELS were hazy????? Moreover the TV broke down on the very first night. In which the replacement of another CRT 21" tv came only the next day. There is/are no children channels AT ALL!!!

3) Hand towels were only available upon request, we requested this on the first day but no one turn up with the request to our dismay.

4) A heated outdoor Jacuzzi was no where heated and water were dirty and stagnant. Person in charge was no where to be found. People in which we doubted as hotel guess utilize the pool wearing tv, bermudas, jeans and long pants.

5) On the 3rd day morning at 5 - 6am the hotel alarm sounded a good 5 - 10 minutes and there were no notification from the front desk calming the guest.

6) The Restaurant (during breakfast) were flooded and water were everywhere, but no one said anything about the issue. Food were OK but very limited as the hotel were pack with guests.

7) Toilet were always blocked after usage and we have to all the maintenance guy every time.

Overall this was a very bad experience for me and my family.

From,
DavidC

Room Tip: Should need to choose non smoking rooms as the smoking rooms/floors were very smelly. Choose the roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DavidCYJ
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Despite being regular visitirs to my wife's home town, this was the first time we had stayed inthe Royal Bintang. When my wife made the booking from the UK, the same member of staff patiently dealt with a couple of last minute changes and everything went smoothly. Even when we were in Seremban and our plans changed yet again, the same member of staff got us booked in for a second period at short notice, even though they were busy.
Knowing the town, we usually only eat breakfast in the hotels. Although staff were helpful, the quality and choice wasn't brilliant, so this time we usually ate at the local hawkers stalls.
Had to complain once, having waited for over 45 minutes for half a dozen hot drinks from the coffee shop. Complaint to the duty supervisor was shrugged off, but after a word with the lady who had taken our booking, the complaint was taken more seriously and dealt with properly.
Will certainly stay there again, will just have to order my coffe the day before I want it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Malaysia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Been staying there for the past few year during my Chinese New Year visit back to Seremban hometown.

Well, there is the sign of aging in this hotel but Royale Bintang group still can maintain it up to standard.

I check in during the first day of Chinese New Year for 3 day 2 night. They got me a 2 single bed room as i am staying with my wife and 2 kids (7 years old and 4 years old). Well, to my suprise, the single bed is big enough. It's a plus point here.

I love the breakfast selection there... Nice Nasi Lemak + Curry Chicken they served on the breakfas buffet and the cake shop offer 50% off after 7pm... which i think is a best deal ever u can get in a hotel. I got my kids and wife some cakes to enjoy in the room.

The only minus point for this hotel is the TV in de room... they are still using the old 21" CRT televison set... well, i think it's about time to upgrade tho.

All in all, i think that the best hotel u can get in Seremban.

Highly recommended for those who are down for a short stay or long break.

Room Tip: Try to get the pool view room and non smoking floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I have nothing much to complain about this hotel...it's Seremban but RM2 for parking in the hotel when I am a room guest? You've got to be kidding me right? How much is this RM2 going to contribute to your hotels bottom line? I've never stayed at a hotel where the room guests have to pay for parking...this has got to be a first for me...and many other guests

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Lionel Y
Singapore
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Royale Bintang was a great place to stay, after the original hotel that was booked did not have room. The room was spacious and very clean, even with a triple bed configuration. Have both a bathtub and shower in the bathroom was also useful.

The breakfast provided was a wide spread with mainly local food. The curry chicken and nasi lemak were the favourites over the 4 days' of stay. There was also a 50% discount on cakes from the pastry/cake shop in the hotel after about 8:30 pm, so we took advantage of the offer. Had both the chocolate fudge and blueberry cheesecakes which were delicious !

There is a shopping mall about 10 minutes' away on foot and we were there one night which provided all our needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kspace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seremban
Palm Seremban Hotel
#1 of 36 in Port Dickson
AERO Star Hotel
AERO Star Hotel
#5 of 14 in Seremban

Been to Royale Chulan Seremban? Share your experiences!