“A real find”

Royale Chulan Seremban
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Seremban
“A real find”
Reviewed December 2, 2007

I stayed a night at this hotel recently. The hotel far exceeded my expectations, which were not particularly high to begin with since this was after all Seremban, which is a relatively small town. The hotel can put some of the Kuala Lumpur and Penang hotels to shame! The deluxe room was big, and the bathroom was tastefully done in marble with a large shower cubicle. Breakfast was enjoyable and the variety was good. This hotel is definitely the best in Seremban.

• Stayed December 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I've been reading through the reviews posted thus far, and all have been good except for one. I personally had a sensational stay at this hotel, and I cannot fault any service proferred at this establishment. The hotel itself is situated very centrally, within easy reach of the town centre and Seremban Parade shopping Centre. The Lake Gardens are adjacent and lovely for an evening stroll. The lobby is impressive, albeit a little sterile, but the doormen were excellent in immediately unloading my bags from the car when I pulled up. The front desk staff were inviting with a ready smile, and my room was confirmed within minutes. I was upgraded to a lovely suite, overlooking the exceptional pool area. The room was large, clean, and had all amenities expected of a 4-5 star hotel, including free wireless broadband. The bar had live acts and large tv screens which the waiters happily changed to the rugby world cup when I requested it. The base restaurant was excellent, and the head waiters were all out to please. The choice for buffet breakfast was astounding. The best part of the stay had to be the pool, with 2 waterfalls churning the water and a warm jacuzzi to relax in after a day in the sun. I cannot fault this hotel and its staff at all, and would strongly recommend it to all and sundry.

• Liked — The pool and the exceptional staff
  • Disliked — The car park
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2007

Just spent a week at the Royal Adelphi whilst on a business trip. The hotel was first class. I really appreciated the wireless connection throughout the building ......sitting down in the bar at night with my laptop completing work! The rooms are spotlessly clean with a welcome tea/coffee making bits and pieces plus free water delivered every day. Never did use the swimming pool even though it was soooooooooo inviting. Had various meals at the restaurants and also tried room service meals - all very good.

• Liked — friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — no bbc access on tv
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank JOESKY123
SIngapore
Reviewed December 18, 2006

We had planned to holiday in Port Dickson but due to the school holidays, all the resorts in PD were fully booked. We checked the brochures and came across the Royal Adelfi and decided to check it out. We surfed the net for information and from the reviews given in this review page, we decided to give it a try.

It appears to us that it is one of the best, if not the best hotel in
Seremban and we certainly felt comfortable staying in this hotel. Despite there being four of us, the executive suite that we stayed in was spacious enough without us feeling cramped in. Our suite overlooked the MB's residence and the view was indeed pleasant with lots of greenery and in the far distance, the mountain ranges. The quality of the furniture and fittings were very much up to our expectations. Service was reasonable although the staff at the reception could do with some customer service training. However, having said that, the other staff in the hotel such as the doorman, the waiters etc. were very pleasant and smiled with genuine smiles.

The pool was inviting and my daughter loved it. The hotel is centrally located and particularly for those who would like to holiday in PD, it takes only approximately 30 minutes to drive there -there's great seafood there!!

Overall, we felt it was a great place to stay and we would surely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an above average hotel that doesn't charge an arm and a leg!

• Liked — Room quality
  • Disliked — The front desk
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't always rely on websites by property owners or travel agents - check review websites
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank HolidayGlutton
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2006

This hotel was provided for us by the airline company for a day stopover. The hotel is an ex Hilton property, not very old and well kept. The rooms are spacious, quite and clean with friendly staff in all areas of the hotel. Our evening buffet meal was delicious, with a great many choices. We were offered free internet use for a brief while, normally at a charge. Our stopover was refreshing, even had time for a little shopping at the local centre.

• Liked — quite spacious room, friendly staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Hotel is one hour drive away from KL or KL airport
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kpiddy
Malaysia
Reviewed September 30, 2005

I been stay in the above hotel on 11.06.2005 and I really disappointed the service provided by the above five stars hotel. Especially the front desk staff called "Rashdan".
This is not the first time i stay in this hotel but previously called "Hilton Seremban". I really enjoy to stay there.
I wish to enjoy the same service as previous therefore I planned to stay again on 11.06.05. Unfortunately I faced a very bad experience which I never meet before.
I still remember I arrived there at 3pm for check in. Before arrival, I been contact the hotel and informed them I will be arrive at 3pm. I go to the front desk after arrival. A guy called "Rashdan" was on duty. I told him I would like to check in. He look very unfriendly and told me that "Please sit and wait" without getting any information from me. I look at him and he said again " Please sit and wait". So, I sit in the hotel lobby and wait for him to call me for check in.
After 30 mins I went to ask him when I can get the room. He told me "Could you please sit and wait". I feel very angry. I ask him "what you mean by "sit and wait? Do you get any information from me yet?" Then only he get the information from me.
After that I complaint to the Asst. Manager to tell him what is going on. Unbelievable I got the room key after 5pm.
I been travel many places around malaysia and I never experience this before. Can your imagine to wait for about 2-3 hours just to get the room key? If the room is not ready, the hotel atleast can let the guess to check in first but they need to inform the guest that the room is not clean yet and let guest to choose whether want to check in now or later. The management really need to do something on it.
I really not satisfy the service provide by them during my last visit. I feel that will be my last visit in that hotel. I will never ever sellect that hotel in my next visit to Seremban.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank abcMalaysia

Travelers are raving about these Seremban hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2005

This was an unplanned stay due to a flight delay and it was very enjoyable. The hotel is an ex-Hilton which has been recently refurbished. It has great facilities and the food is excellent (especially the buffet). The hotel facilities are first class and I would highly reccommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seremban
Palm Seremban Hotel
#1 of 36 in Port Dickson
AERO Star Hotel
AERO Star Hotel
#5 of 14 in Seremban

Been to Royale Chulan Seremban? Share your experiences!