“Grand Dorsett Labuan”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Labuan Island
Darwin
“Grand Dorsett Labuan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a 3 night stay on Labuan and it was for this reason we decided to 'flash ' it up a bit. The hotel was very good and the staff attentive and helpful. This hotel was a bit more up market than we normally use. We found it comfortable and spacious although we were out looking around the island most of the time anddid not avail ourselves of the comfort much. It appears to be a bit more of a business hotel but it did not pose any problems whatsover. The included breakfast was a treat and the choice massive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GDLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear ntfisherman,

We look forward to welcome your next trip to Dorsett Grand Labuan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Klang, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Needed a break from the fast and furious pace from the City and decided get away from it all to Labuan. As many of my friends had said that Labuan is laid back , and I'll be bored stiff after the second day, so I was prepared for the worse. Firstly I must say that the Hotel we booked was magnificient, its called The Grand Dorsett. My family and I have stayed in various hotels all over, but at the Grand Dorsett, I noticed especially the Hotel staff were so pleasant in their outlook, where a smile from them is no put on, but as natural as it gets. Rooms were spectacular as ours faced the sea, and come night time the lights from the Port was breathtaking. At This Hotel the food spread was generous I should say, and its the same for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rooms were comfortable, toilets very clean. The staff were very accommodating and were at hand to assist in our needs. The fun pub was interesting and spent nights enjoying the repertoire the band had set for the 3 nights, we were there.
Labuan itself has a history of sorts and there were many sights to tour and that filled up our time in Labuan. After a long day visiting the sights my wife and kids always look forward to getting back to our rooms which they know will be all made up, and the soft feel of the pillows.
I would certainly come back to the Grand Dorsett anytime either on official business or just a family holiday as I want to be spoilt again by the politeness of the staff here, starting from the front desk to the Chefs who were concerned about the meals prepared which is always top ranked. Flight time is around two and the half hours from KLIA and its a quick get away.
So I would certainly recommend Labuan as a quick get away, it will not be complete without booking one self into this Hotel and be spoilt by the hospitality and the politeness of the staff/crew of The Grand Dorsett.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view of the sea is excellent. Come Sun down the view of the Harbour was awesome. Bu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GDLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Travels1689,

Thank you for your valuable review.

Everyday at the Dorsett Grand Labuan, all of us strive to make sure that we look after our guests well and to know that our actions are appreciated is the highest form of motivation.

Thank you and we hope to see you and your family again at the Dorsett Grand Labuan.
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is the old Sheraton Hotel and so the hardware's not bad. Bear in mind that Labuan isn't exactly the centre of the universe and there ain't much to do there so nice to have a reasonable hotel as a base. They do a daily themed buffet lunch/dinner in Victoria's Brasserie which is variable but passable and fairly cheap. There's a lobby bar with big screen soccer and a fun pub and the noise the band in there generates would waken the dead so beware any rooms anywhere near it 'cos that ain't much fun. Even high floors don't always escape the racket. The pool's OK and the gym equipment works sometimes. The staff are pleasant and reasonably attentive.

Room Tip: Keep well clear of the fun pub regardless of how high the floor is and complain immediately if the n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GDLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear BazSingapore,

Thank you for staying with us at Dorsett Grand Labuan and your valuable feedback. We are constantly upgrading our facilities and improve our services in order to serve valued guests like you better.

We look forward to welcome your next trip to Dorsett Grand Labuan.
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on April 2013. Everything consider perfect for this hotel. It just a walking distance from Labuan International Ferry Terminal and located right infront the one and only shopping mall in Labuan.

The room was big and clean..

The internet connection is free for all guest. Unfortunate ly the connection is very poor. Hope the management will take a serious action on this matter.

• Stayed April 2013
GDLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Edzeg,

Thank you for staying with us at Dorsett Grand Labuan and your constructive feedback.

We apologize on our shortcoming and we are constantly upgrading our facilities. Please be assured that the necessary action will be taken accordingly.

We look forward to welcome you back to Dorsett Grand Labuan.

Thank you.
Deal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Returned to Labuan after almost 50 years having served there in the Army in 1965. While the island has changed dramatically, the Grand Dorsett is an ideal base to stay and from which to discover various attractions. Stayed 2 nights. Clean, welcoming, quiet, comfortable and with attentive, welcoming staff it certainly made my trip memorable. And my 3 teenagers throughly enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GDLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Deal Veterans,

Thank you for staying with us at Dorsett Grand Labuan.
We feel privileged that we have made your trip memorable.
We look forward to welcome you back at Dorsett Grand Labuan.
Stornoway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed five nights and found it a very nice place to stay. The service from the staff was first class and the location was good. I can recommend this hotel without any hesitation. I was due to return and was most disappointed when this was changed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Morrisloin,

Thank you for staying with us at Dorsett Grand Labuan with your valuable feedback.

we look forward to welcome you back at Dorsett Grand Labuan.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed for three nights here at the begining of March. The welcome was warm and the bedroom was clean and tidy with a lovely view out over the sea. There was a balcony to use, even if it was a little small. Housekeeping was efficient and I had no problems with the laundry service. There was a good choice for the buffet breakfast. The fittings may be a little dated, both in the room and the bar area, but it was more than made up for by the warmth and friendliness of most of the staff. All the time I was there, I don't remember opening the front door once. The porters seemed to enjoy that job.
I can't remember the exact words, but the phrase, '..you make the difference..' was on a noticeboard above the staff entrance. The lady restaurant manager had read and understood those words and made my dining experience one to remember. Being new to Malaysian cuisine, she showed me how to prepare my own food on two consecutive nights and seemed proud to show a foreign guest the intricacy of cooking soup at my table. I enjoyed it immensely. I didn't speak the native tongue, but their command of English was awsome!
If I ever return to visit my relative at the cemetary, I will not hesitate to return to the Dorsett.

Room Tip: High and with sea view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GDLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Peter,

Thank you for staying with us at Dorsett Grand Labuan and for your valuable feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back at Dorsett Grand Labuan.

Thank you.