“Food good here and has the only squash court in town”
Review of Tiara Labuan Hotel

Tiara Labuan Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Labuan Island
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Rooms ok, food very good. Try the ginger beef and special rice. Also the sushi on the buffet is great. Drinks very cheap. Pool area large and quite nice. Gym not bad, a little tired but you can get most things done and there is also a squash court to work up the sweat.
Only problem is it's out of town but only 10 Malaysian for taxi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
tiaralabuan, General Manager at Tiara Labuan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear John L ,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the stay. We thank you for acknowledging our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Enriching Tiara experience in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Tiara Labuan Hotel

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've been in Tiara labuan many times for business trips and few times was as long as month. Nice environment and u can feel the nature of Malaysia... and really friendly staff... but it's kind of far from the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Misma87

Dear Mohadna87 ,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that we have made your special occasion a memorable one! Thank you for sharing your positive review with us here on TripAdvisor and this certainly spurs us to continuously seek for improvement towards achieving excellence. The team at Tiara Labuan Hotel looks forward to welcoming you again for another Refreshing Tiara experience in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting.
Arrived at 1200 to check in and was told that my room would not be ready for another 2 hours.
I stated that this wasn’t good enough and I was told that they would try and get my room ready sooner.
The only place to wait was in the reception and that was full of people.
When I asked for a complementary drink while I as waiting I was told there as a water dispenser by the door.
My room was ready after an hour.
The room was large but very old and worn. Flaking paint, cracked tiles, black mould around the bath, dampness and mould on the walls. The bed as soft and uncomfortable.
There were no towels in the bathroom and then I was told by housekeeping that they had run out of towels, eventually I got towels 3 hours later.
Basically the room was disgusting, I asked for an extra card so I could keep the AC on but I was told that they only have 1 card per room.
My collegue checked in at 3pm and was also told that they would have to wait for the room as it was not ready.
The pool area is disgusting, the furniture is filthy and the pool was so cloudy you couldn’t see the bottom.
The AC packed up during the night, there were large gaps in between the doors so the mosquitos could get in and the road noise is shocking.
Breakfast was a joke, enough said.
I asked if I could use the business centre to print some documents, but I couldn’t use the computer as some of the staff were using them.
Checking out: The attitude of the staff leaves a lot to be desired.
The photos of this hotel online look good but its nothing like it in the flesh. It’s marketed as a 4 star but it is more like a 2 and the only reason I would give 2 stars and not 1 as there is a pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank buckieloon

Dear Buckieloon,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience in Nov with us. I assure you that the hotel management has duly noted your constructive feedback on the areas of concern. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to seek for improvement where necessary. We hope to welcome you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Was booked in to tiara by secretary due to other hotel fully booked.

Check in was a none event. Reception staff was not very welcoming. You will think a tired guest turning up after a hard would be made like welcomed home.

The hotel room was not the cleanest I expect. Remnant of toothpaste in the sink. Leaking toilet hose wet floor. Bathroom have black fungal growth on tiles.

Pool has algae on the tiles.

Dinner at the Grill restaurant was somewhat okie food. Had ribeye prawns surf n turf. Saving grace was the waitress was attentive and made you feel a honouredguest

Great location next to beach though.

I wouldn't go back given a choice.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Wolv3rin3

Dear Wolv3rin3 ,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience in September with us. I assure you that the hotel management has duly noted your constructive feedback on the areas of concern. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to seek for improvement where necessary. We hope to welcome you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a lovely time staying at Tiara. Stayed in a Delux room with a generous balcony overlooking the sea. The room was large, clean with a very comfortable bed. The room did not have a safe but reception have safety deposit boxes and I used one of these. Tiara collected me from the airport and upon arrival the staff were very attentive. I dined in one of the restaurants every night and the seafood was great. Also the breakfast was good, just ask for food freshly cooked if you cannot find what you want from the selection. The pool and outdoor area was great and kid friendly, providing plenty of shade and Cheers Pub has icy cold beer.
The hotel is just down the road from the WW2 Memorial and War Graves an easy 8 minute walk. The hotel also offers a shuttle into Labuan Town, I caught a taxi back to Tiara for 10rm. I must say thank you to the lovely Olivia for taking the time to show me around, that made my stay in Labuan very special. Have already recommended Tiara to my family and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank KaylynGoldCoast

Dear Kaylyn Gold Coast,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I look up to Tiara Labuan Hotel as a excellent service hotel from review and comments. But trough my recent experience I find it a little unpleasant trough it all. I was actually planning to stay at your hotel, but i was told that rooms were fully booked and there were no room. That i would surely understand as demand for rooms were quite pack during holiday seasons. But that wont stop me from visiting the hotel as I look up to the promotion that the hotel has to offer. I first chose The Grill as my dining choice of restaurant for the night as it serve western food mostly. I was first greet by a amazing welcoming staff in restaurant Ailyn. She was quite amazing in her way of professionalism in hospitality industry. She seated me at a table near the corner at the back. It was quite amazing in the restaurant. The trainee during that time in the restaurant took my order suggest to me local delicacies the hotel has to offer. It was indeed delicious. i decide to have a drink in the lounge next to The Grill after my meal, as i enter the lounge i was greeted by a female bartender. She was at first very friendly, but as time goes by, when the lounge was quite pack, she started to give her customer seated by the bar a unpleasant look when i ask for another round of San Miguel Light. She was always focusing on her cellphone with her Candy Crush game. A guest there by name Stuart also told me she was always with her game during working hours not onto her guest. I find that very rude to us as guest in the lounge, When a fellow staff from The Grill enter the lounge, i overheard them talking about the guest over in The Grill and the Lounge saying that we are sort of a guest with many demand and it's sort of annoying. The staff were also singing in the lounge in front of all of us in the bar and dancing to the "Gentleman". I hope your management could make improvement in term of your Food & Beverage service team. Bring a better and professional attitude like Miss Ailyn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Asleay A

Reviewed August 7, 2013

we stayed for one month.
the day we arrived there were 8 death cockroach in the room, when approach to one of the personal the answer were, that is normal in SEA.
come on... i have been traveling for SEa for years and i have never seen this.
lack of clean everywhere, some times they shut down the pool because too dirty and they couldn't keep it clean.
the food in the restaurant was bad, oily and no taste.
and when order room service or even eating in the restaurant it will take 45 min to 1 hour for the food to arrive .. even if you order ice cream, the service was just terrible.
while in the pool no one to attend the bar, so u need to walk all the hotel to find someone to ask a drink.
the kitchen was empty even they advertise to be a service apartment. so when aproach they ask me to make a list of what do i need. It suppose to be ready for costumers no need to think and make a list in my holidays.
the maintenance in the hotel is terrible.
the day we check out there was no concierge and the receptionist had to help me with the luggage.
one day i asked a personnel to make a reservation for the BBQ for 4 pax due to a business dinner. She forgot,... imagine the face of my guess.
the only thing that works is the chinese restaurant.
curtins were so dirty they look gray and all the furniture were old, lack of maintenance.

Room Tip: i wouldnt definitly recomend this hotel. then we moved to grand dorsett hotel and it turn out to be...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bubezna

Dear Bubezna ,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience in August with us. I assure you that the hotel management has duly noted your constructive feedback on the areas of concern. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to seek for improvement where necessary. We hope to welcome you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!