“Staff wonderful, lovely hotel”
Review of Tiara Labuan Hotel

Tiara Labuan Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Labuan Island
Gold Coast
“Staff wonderful, lovely hotel”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a lovely time staying at Tiara. Stayed in a Delux room with a generous balcony overlooking the sea. The room was large, clean with a very comfortable bed. The room did not have a safe but reception have safety deposit boxes and I used one of these. Tiara collected me from the airport and upon arrival the staff were very attentive. I dined in one of the restaurants every night and the seafood was great. Also the breakfast was good, just ask for food freshly cooked if you cannot find what you want from the selection. The pool and outdoor area was great and kid friendly, providing plenty of shade and Cheers Pub has icy cold beer.
The hotel is just down the road from the WW2 Memorial and War Graves an easy 8 minute walk. The hotel also offers a shuttle into Labuan Town, I caught a taxi back to Tiara for 10rm. I must say thank you to the lovely Olivia for taking the time to show me around, that made my stay in Labuan very special. Have already recommended Tiara to my family and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank KaylynGoldCoast
tiaralabuan, General Manager at Tiara Labuan Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Kaylyn Gold Coast,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that we have made your special occasion a memorable one! Thank you for sharing your positive review with us here on TripAdvisor and this certainly spurs us to continuously seek for improvement towards achieving excellence. The team at Tiara Labuan Hotel looks forward to welcoming you again for another Refreshing Tiara experience in the near future.

Regards,

JOHN CHIN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I look up to Tiara Labuan Hotel as a excellent service hotel from review and comments. But trough my recent experience I find it a little unpleasant trough it all. I was actually planning to stay at your hotel, but i was told that rooms were fully booked and there were no room. That i would surely understand as demand for rooms were quite pack during holiday seasons. But that wont stop me from visiting the hotel as I look up to the promotion that the hotel has to offer. I first chose The Grill as my dining choice of restaurant for the night as it serve western food mostly. I was first greet by a amazing welcoming staff in restaurant Ailyn. She was quite amazing in her way of professionalism in hospitality industry. She seated me at a table near the corner at the back. It was quite amazing in the restaurant. The trainee during that time in the restaurant took my order suggest to me local delicacies the hotel has to offer. It was indeed delicious. i decide to have a drink in the lounge next to The Grill after my meal, as i enter the lounge i was greeted by a female bartender. She was at first very friendly, but as time goes by, when the lounge was quite pack, she started to give her customer seated by the bar a unpleasant look when i ask for another round of San Miguel Light. She was always focusing on her cellphone with her Candy Crush game. A guest there by name Stuart also told me she was always with her game during working hours not onto her guest. I find that very rude to us as guest in the lounge, When a fellow staff from The Grill enter the lounge, i overheard them talking about the guest over in The Grill and the Lounge saying that we are sort of a guest with many demand and it's sort of annoying. The staff were also singing in the lounge in front of all of us in the bar and dancing to the "Gentleman". I hope your management could make improvement in term of your Food & Beverage service team. Bring a better and professional attitude like Miss Ailyn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Asleay A

Thank you for sharing your stay experience in September with us. I assure you that the hotel management has duly noted your constructive feedback on the areas of concern. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to seek for improvement where necessary. We hope to welcome you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!

Labuan.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

we stayed for one month.
the day we arrived there were 8 death cockroach in the room, when approach to one of the personal the answer were, that is normal in SEA.
come on... i have been traveling for SEa for years and i have never seen this.
lack of clean everywhere, some times they shut down the pool because too dirty and they couldn't keep it clean.
the food in the restaurant was bad, oily and no taste.
and when order room service or even eating in the restaurant it will take 45 min to 1 hour for the food to arrive .. even if you order ice cream, the service was just terrible.
while in the pool no one to attend the bar, so u need to walk all the hotel to find someone to ask a drink.
the kitchen was empty even they advertise to be a service apartment. so when aproach they ask me to make a list of what do i need. It suppose to be ready for costumers no need to think and make a list in my holidays.
the maintenance in the hotel is terrible.
the day we check out there was no concierge and the receptionist had to help me with the luggage.
one day i asked a personnel to make a reservation for the BBQ for 4 pax due to a business dinner. She forgot,... imagine the face of my guess.
the only thing that works is the chinese restaurant.
curtins were so dirty they look gray and all the furniture were old, lack of maintenance.

Room Tip: i wouldnt definitly recomend this hotel. then we moved to grand dorsett hotel and it turn out to be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bubezna
Dear Bubezna ,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience in August with us. I assure you that the hotel management has duly noted your constructive feedback on the areas of concern. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to seek for improvement where necessary. We hope to welcome you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Regretfully, I did not have a good experience with my stay at Tiara Labuan. Room service not as good as described. What was promised was mot provided. No safe vault in the rooms provided, tv very outdated model, remote not working. No wifi inspite promised a free wifi. These are to name a few, its just 2-star rating. Not worth for the money spent. Bars were lousy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Andyroy610,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience in July with us. I assure you that the hotel management has duly noted your constructive feedback on the areas of concern. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to seek for improvement where necessary. We hope to welcome you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!

Province of Alicante, Spain
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Arriving in Borneo I was really excited and looking forward to getting an opportunity to hopefully see the Orang-Utans, however had I done my homework and researched, I would have realised this is not possible unless your gonna plan the trip over a few days. So don't expect to see the wonderful primates if your larking around the hotel.
The hotel is a bit run down and the rooms although very spacious can really do with freshening up. Be careful and please take plenty DEET (Mozzy killer) otherwise these Mosquitos are nasty little rascals.
The pool and bush areas are breeding grounds for them and remember to check your room.
The town centre is 5 mins in a cab and there are better more modern hotels, so choose carefully.
This was a 1 night visit so not a lot other than what is written to report.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Billy T
tiaralabuan, General Manager at Tiara Labuan Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear WCT275 ,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience in Nov with us. I assure you that the hotel management has duly noted your constructive feedback on the areas of concern. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to seek for improvement where necessary. We hope to welcome you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I will probably be staying at this hotel until November 2013 due to my work requirement. I really like the environment which is relaxing as it is a resort hotel. The deluxe room is spacious with all the basic amenities in place though part of the wall has stain on it from the water leak. Food is good over here, staff are friendly and welcoming. But, where is the WiFi connection? My room is only a stone throw away from the foyer but I can't get any coverage at all. I've called the front desk to report on this and the guy replied that WiFi coverage in this hotel can't be reached from most of the rooms. Cellular coverage from local telcos are also poor which means I can't access the internet from my mobile phone, and then the hotel's WiFi only covers the boss office I guess? I hope the management can solve the problem as soon as possible, with the poor cellular coverage + no WiFi from the hotel I can only give this hotel a 3 stars. My other 2 stars are for the WiFi. Solve the problem and you deserve all the stars. thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room adjacent to the boss office, maybe you can get the WiFi coverage, maybe.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Syafiqsaif
Dear syafiqsaif ,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate your constructive feedback. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you had.

It is our commitment to ensure that our guests needs are being met and their expectations are fullfilled. Hence, rest assure we will look into the matter that you have raised.

Once again, thank you for your sharing and for your continued support of Tiara Labuan Hotel !
Reviewed June 8, 2013

An awesome place to relax from all those stress,tiara offers places to have fun,exercise,as well as entertainment such as chess pub and blue bayu lounge. The receptions is friendly and always ready to respond to any needs I need, not to mention the awesome food offered in the grill,Chinese restaurant and buffet.

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank BugBnv
tiaralabuan, General Manager at Tiara Labuan Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Bugbny ,