“A beautiful place to stay on way to Perhentian Is.”

and 1 more site!
Villa Danialla Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Kota Bharu
Titirangi, New Zealand
“A beautiful place to stay on way to Perhentian Is.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We spent 1 night either direction at Villa Danialla on our trip to the Perhentian Islands. We loved it and our children (7, 4 & 2) did not want to leave.

We arranged transport through the Villa from the airport, and also to and from the Perhentian Isands, which was great. The villa was gorgeous and alot of thought had gone into the design and furnishings. The infinity pool right on the beach front was something else! Just amazing swimming in the pool and gazing out over the south China sea.

The restaurant was very smart right on the beach front. Was expensive but the food was very tasty. The buffet breakfast was delicious with lovely fresh fruit juices served with a smile!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dwirty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was charged about rm300 for a room which was quite ok for the cost and it was so due to one of the best swimming pools there was. Just like many places in Kelantan, the stupidmalaystaffs would treat foreigners or chinese or indians better than the common malays. Some would not treat fellow kelantanese as those who paid money to stay there since we speak the same dialect and maybe look "poor". So, if you are not foreigners, do look 'rich' if you want to get good service. I saw the staffs at the cafe were trying to be their best when they saw 'mat sallehs' entering the place, but when i entered the place , nobody cares.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
18 Thank cmAmc

Travelers are raving about these Kota Bharu hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 24, 2012

After spending the previous night in the terribly run down and smelly 'Grand River Hotel' View in Kota Baru, this place was all we could ask for. A beautifull beach, a very kind and service minded owner, a beautifull swimming pool, spaceous rooms, good food (both diner and breakfeast) and an excellent sauna. The owner will do everything to make her guests feel comfortable and welcome. If something is not up to standards, just ask the owner and it will be fixed for you!! Due to her international background she will be able to make her guests happy regardless their nationality. The place is constantly being upgraded. We liked the small cinema (one off a kind in Malaysia, right at the beach!). We also enjoyed playing pool with other guests. Best swimming pool in Malaysia. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 319Dutchtraveller
kuala lumpur
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I was supposed to check-in at Sudara beach resort, but i was very unhappy with their service. The staff was rude and busy chatting with the other staff. So I decided to stay at Villa Danialla instead. Upon check-in, I was they gave me a room upgrade and a complimentary fresh fruit juice. Such good service!

I have travelled around many resort both local and overseas, and I must say that the infinity swimming pool here is simply breath-taking. The sauna located right by the pool is really nice and also has an outdoor shower next to it. altho, it would be nice if they had more lawn chairs there, good for sun-bathing.

Food was delicious. Especially the prawn :) The restaurant was right by the beach and has an amazing view. I've read the previous reviews where people made such a big fuss about the tv & astro. That's sad to hear because the environment of this resort is so green and beautiful. Why waste it sitting in the room watching tv? Such a shame. But I was told that they have began to upgrade the rooms and now the rooms have better channels. Problem solved.

The staff here speak good english and are very capable in assisting me with my travel plans. They were very helpful with booking my flights and so on. The owner is also very generous. Gave me an ice-cream and a plate of fruits for my dinner. Also got a discount :)

Definitely a must-visit resort.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Raihana O
Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Reviewed December 13, 2011

It was our first time visit, We planned to have a dinner at their beach restaurant. But still early so we walked around and took some photos. Suddenly a fierce woman, she is the owner, who came and shouted, :" you are not my guess, please go out from here!"

OMG! What a bad owner i have ever met!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
37 Thank Tshya
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 8, 2011

dont fool around when you DO NOT know the real fact that no Astro channels nor the other 'kampung' channels due to monsoon season...when our friend brought along her Astro card, how can she viewed the TV without any disturbances affected from the monsoon season?

Plus be more stylo and have some class laa...dont ever put the 'Rantau Panjang' blanket in the room..so shame shame laa..u charge the room RM270/night and u got such thing? it's supposed to be RM70/night for that kind of hospitality :)

improve your services please..learn more on resort management and to the OWNER, please SMILE....then TOK BALI esp Villa Danialla can be the tourism spot in the future!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
15 Thank pooscatty
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I have much to say but I dont know where to start. Went there for a friend's wedding. Nice place. Environment and ambiance is so tip top but they failed to maintain the place. So bad and so sad.

I took Villa Matahari, room for two. During my check-in at 3pm and my room key was not available in the key box. Thought that they may do some housekeeping before we check-in. Later, the moment we checked in, surprisingly there were so many lizard dung at the door step..and on the floor where you can hardly see them as the floor is in wooden dark colour.

TV and Astro decoder are available but with no channel at all (reason: it's monsoon period and we cannot get any channel here. dont know why but the whole resort is like that). But on screen appeared "Astro card is inactive". What does it mean? Well, they have the answer at least.

No kettle provided and it's surely difficult to have warm water for my 2-year old son. I have to request from the reception by calling them via my mobile phone because there's no phone provided and definitely no extension call for housekeeping, room service, etc. 1 number for all services. They took half an hour to send the kettle and.. with lizard dung on top of it.. with white n green thing inside it. Of course I can barely use the hotel's and luckily my friend brought her own kettle. "Got to borrow it, my dear friend".

Provided shampoo only with no shower gel (reason: oh. the shampoo can also be a shower gel as well. it's suitable for the whole body). is it? how do you tell when it's just a liquid and provided in Tesco bottle with spider web on top of it. No dedicated or special packaging for that.

Towels are provided with dirt stains here and there. Spider web can easily seen at every corner in the toilet, at visible area. "Huh! Where do I hang my towel then?"

Clearly they did not do housekeeping for my room. However, not much complaint I can make..considering the wedding ceremony.. Not to spoil the wedding mood. Not to ruin the big event.

Upon checked out, we went to a shop next to the resort and watching TV there.. it's SEA games fever and aired via Astro.. "End of the monsoon period I guess".

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resor...
#5 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Coral View Island Resort
Coral View Island Resort
#3 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar

Been to Villa Danialla Beach Resort? Share your experiences!