Review of JACK GUEST HOUSE

bedroom for 2 pax
bedroom for 5 pax
bedroom for 4 pax
kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Mexx0077
Vienna Region, Austria
“Cheating all the way - be aware!”
Reviewed June 28, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Saw their offer in booking.com for an apartment of 200 m2 at MYR 350 for up to 10 persons (we had been 7).

My wife called "Jack" to check on if they would provide towels and bathroom amenities before booking (intended to be done via booking,com). During the call it had been suggested to directly book with "Jack" rather than via booking.com. A big mistake!

We had been asked to pick-up the key from Dynasty Inn in K.B., which seems to belong to "Jack's" Famiy, too. When we arrived there at about 20:00 to pick up the key my wife had been asked by the lady at the reception in Dynasty Inn to pay 100 % before she would get the key for their "Jack Guest House".

When checking the map we suddenly found, that they sent us to Pelangi Apartment, a really horrible apartment building nearby. The lady had not even told us before sending us to s different place!

We went there and called "Jack" to see how he would want to explain what this should be? Jack asked my wife to first check out the alternative apartment and assured us that we would like the offered alternative.

We did so and - to our horror - found out that what was offered to us was totally different from what we had booked):

- NO WIFI

- NO FREE PARKING

- NO TV IN THE ROOMS

- MUCH SMALLER SIZE THAN THE APARTMENT WE HAD PAID FOR (THE SIZE WAS ABOUT 60 - 70 M2 COMPARED TO 200 M2!)

- NO A/C IN THE LIVING ROOM AS WELL AS NOT WORKING IN ONE OF THE 3 BED ROOMS!

- NOT EVEN ENOUGH TOWELS FOR ALL OF US

- MOST OF ALL DIRTY AND KN HORRIBLE CONDITION AS I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY HOTEL OR APARTMENT BEFORE IN MY LIFE

Called "Jack" again and he refused to return us the money and even had the cheat to tell that the replacement was due to the originally booked room had meanwhile been given to some other guest and anyway he would never have sold it at the price he had published on booking.com.

I checked on booking.com this very evening and the advertised apartment was still shown available at exactly the MYR 350 we had booked it for. Told "Jack" and he said that it had never been advertised at 350. Screenshot of published rate can be found attached.

Since it had been very late already and we had been a family of 7 we did not have any choice but to stay in this terrible place.

I am staying in hotels and apartments about 80 - 100 nights a year, but - honestly - never ever have I had to sleep in such a dirty and disgusting place.

So dirty, that we showered with our slippers on!

I even thought of reporting "Jack's" behaviour to the police / authorities because to me it looks like there is some systematics behind what happened to us:

Publishing a rate booking.com for a nice, big and new apartment and after taking 100 % of the payment giving a small, dirty old one and refuse to return the payment.

Looked at booking.com just now we found, that "Jack" even offers double the size (400 m2) at MYR 430 / night (but to us denied he had offered 350 / night, which is easy to proof, just look screenshot ...).

Instead I will report to booking.com because I am very sure they do not want to support this kind of cheating.

Travelers are raving about these Kota Bharu hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing