“Average food but good ambiance”
Review of The Gulai House

The Gulai House
Ranked #16 of 487 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Love the hospitality but mediocre food. Grilled fish was not so much a grilled fish, doesn't taste like one. Was really expensive.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I ate here recently whilst staying at the Andaman Hotel. The hotel organised free transfer by luxury car to the restaurant and back again!

The setting is out of this world, the restaurant is set in the middle of the rainforest and all you can hear are the natural sounds and all you can see is the rain forest around you.

The service was excellent and the waiters were both knowledgable and friendly, they couldn't do enough to make you feel welcome.

We started with the mixed satay and the vegetable fritters followed by one rice (more than enough for two people) coconut chicken curry, wok fried vegetables, one butter naan and the lamb shank, with two beers, one glass of white wine and a big bottle of water the bill was around £95 so not a cheap option but for good food and the unique venue I would say this is worth it, plus you will leave feeling very fool as portion size is generous!

I would thoroughly recommend this dining venue!

4  Thank LRE517
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Set right in the rain forest this delightful restaurant was perfect. Food full of flavours, perfectly presented and staff that go out of their way to provide a personable service. Unfortunately we only had time to visit this restaurant once in our stay as we both wanted to return. The restaurant is also dull of charm, perfect in every way.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The gulai house was one of the best restaurant in Malaysia, My wife and I enjoyed our dinner the restaurant was really a romantic place for both of us the endless sounds of frogs and crickets is a good background music while eating plus a smiling and friendly waiter who took care of us. This place is best recommendation the food is superb and the ambiance is fabulous there nothing i can ask for more even the selection of Malaysian dessert in the buffet section has an amazing taste. My wife was so happy that night she said the food was succulent the same as my food. we beef rendang which tender lovely taste pala paneer with naan bread tandori chicken with naan bread and bryany rice. We had a bottle of wine to enjoy the night. Amazing dining experience. I promise to my wife that we will comeback soon. thank you guys you made our vacation really unforgettable.

1  Thank nathanadams13
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were staying at the Andaman Hotel - and decided to visit this restaurant - really was a magical place in the evening - the whole environment was magical - the restaurant is in Datai Hotel - and in middle of Natural Forest - with the sounds of crickets and frogs - really romantic and not to forget the food was really excellent and not very expensive.

Try this place - you will love it ( if you like Malaysian / Indian food)