“Eco-tourism at its best, a must-do excursion during your stay in Langkawi”
Review of JungleWalla

$40.59*
Half-Day Jungle Trek from Langkawi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: JungleWalla adhere to ecological best practices standards. Each guide have a special area of expertise from birds, through mangroves to medicinal jungle plants. With the truly extensive range of tours available, you will have no difficulty to find a program that matches your interest and fitness level. Catering to families with kids, children enjoy preferential rates. To minimize the impact on environment and wildlife, and to ensure a personalized guest experience, the number of participants per tour is limited. Early bookings are therefore highly recommended.
Munich
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 257 helpful votes
“Eco-tourism at its best, a must-do excursion during your stay in Langkawi”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

After the disappointing mangrove tour with the Dev Adventure’s Tours, who has earned the rave review from the Trip Advisors, I came with suspicion when booking the jungle trekking tour with Jungle Walla. It turned out to be a transforming experience and one of the highlights during our stay in Langkawi.

It’s a pleasant walk down to the path of natural history, literally and figuratively.

Ishrad and Jimmy are our guides for the tour. They both have engaging personalities to relate to the group members. Ishrad ’s knowledge of natural science is boundless. While observing wildlife, he also shared with us various fascinating anecdotes. Jimmy’s enthusiasm toward tropical rainforest is contagious.

I especially appreciate their unfeigned enthusiasm toward nature. It’s more than likely that I’d forget all those interesting facts about wildlife. Yet, I wouldn’t forget the exhilarating experience and the sparkles in these naturalists’ eyes.

Junle Walla’s insistence to conduct the jungle tour in small group also shows the difference. It is efficient and effective to move inside the jungle in small groups.

All-inclusive packaged tour may seem value for the money but you get what you pay for. For example, the lunch at Dev’s Adventures Tours for the mangrove tour is horrific! I’d rather pay for my own lunch!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Venus F

Brisbane, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Must Do”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I'd love to write that this is a must-do excursion while staying at Langkawi, but I don't want too many tourists to ruin it :)

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic day yesterday with JungleWalla Ijan. The mangrove kayak was excellent. We saw no other tourists, no other boats. It was perfectly peaceful and quiet kayaking around beautiful mangroves which are in excellent condition (another lady who has done multiple mangrove tours told us the "other" mangroves on the island are wrecked because of the high speed tour boats zipping about all day).

Ijan was really knowledgeable and I was surprised to learn that mangroves really are more fascinating than I expected.

The kayaking is easy level with minimal effort. As experienced kayakers, we would have loved to keep going and keep exploring, but were happy with the equipment and time spent.

Lunch was a gorgeous local spread with fish, chicken and squid that had been caught only hours earlier.

The bonus part of the day was a 15 minute jungle walk to a waterfall and natural rock pool. The water was crystal clear and very refreshing. My husband couldn't believe that even I found myself leaping off the rocks into this natural pool time and time again. Best part of the day!

I'd highly recommend this mangrove tour day to anyone staying at Langkawi. Easy to arrange with hotel pickup and drop off. Fabulous !

Visited December 2012
Bingley, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Informative & fun trip”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My guide Ijan was friendly, knowledgable and made the trip fun. I went on the kayak & nature trail which I really enjoyed, one of the highlights of my trip.

Ijan told me about the mangroves and the different types and how important they are to the ecosystem. He pointed the eagles and showed me the walking fish!

From the mangroves we went to the waterfalls for a very good packed lunch and a refreshing dip in the waterfall plunge pool.

We then went a a nature trail in which Ijan pointed out some of the wildlife that is unique to Langkawi.

Would like to thank Ijan for making the day a great one.

This trip does involves kayaking and a bit of walking so you need to be relative fit but the guides will help and try to make everyone comfortable.

Visited November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Entertaining and educational way to see Langkawi's mangrove forest.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We picked an almost perfect day to take this great tour. Our guide, Ijan, was very friendly and knowledgable. Other boats were racing around the mangrove at rediculois high speeds but Ijan and our 'driver' took their time to stop and point out interesting elements and to explain them in great detail.

We'll definitely be back for a different tour and would recommend this to anyone.

Reigate, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience - enjoyable for young ones too ...”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We weren't sure whether we had done the right thing to book the mangrove tour and were worried that a 3 hour boat trip for our 3 and 5 year old would be too much. Following advice from our hotel, The Andaman, We were so pleased we went for it. Our guide Daia was great ... Full of information, environmentally aware and relaxed with the children. Our boys loved it ... Our 3 year old was thrilled at being able to sit on the "Captain's" knee and driving the boat and our 5 year old loved feeding a sting ray and holding a sea urchin at the fish farm. We saw monitor lizards, fiddler crabs, bats in the bat cave, kites, eagles and of course the monkeys! It was great to have a stop off at both the fish farm and the bat cave - a chance to stretch the legs and keep the children's interest. The final treat was then speeding around the coast of the island back to the start point - the views of the coastline from the boat were absolutely stunning. Staying at the Andaman, with a great pool and amazing beach it would be easy to stay put and not go out, we were so glad we did explore and experience more of this beautiful island rich in nature.

4 Thank Kim K