“The best carpaccio east of Italy”
Review of L'Osteria - CLOSED

L'Osteria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is closed and has relocated by the beach in Pantai Cenang, The Brasserie
Reviewed January 13, 2012

But the pizza and pasta are also not to sneeze at. L'Osteria is one of my favorite restaurants in Langkawi and I make sure when visiting Langkawi to have dinner at L'Osteria at least once. As indicated in the introduction, the food is excellent. Furthermore, the service is friendly and dedicated. I should mention, that L'Osteria operates a wood fired pizza oven, rendering real authentic Italian pizzas. (This should be of course pizze in Italian). I noticed that the listing on Tripadvisor does not contain the precise address in Langkawi. This is: Lot 2863 Jalan Pantai Tengah. Praise for Lorenzo and his staff to have created a small piece of Italy in Langkawi. I must mention, that L'Osteria can be made even more Italian by banning smoking in the restaurant, just as in Italy. (I hope Lorenzo reads this)

Reviewed January 9, 2012

This place was so good we had to go twice. There is such a huge selection of dishes and each as good as the other. On offer is not just seafood so even non-fish eaters will find something. And children too. Suggest going with the small portions and they are big enough to feed two adults. The lobster is such a bargain one should not miss out on this unique opportunity to pig out on them. You will not be disappointed with this place. The "local" atmosphere just adds to the experience. Go early to get a table but even if you have to wait the wait will not be long - 10 to 15 mins max.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I'm an Italian expat living in Kuala Lumpur, I came to Langkawi for a short holiday and had dinner at L'Osteria.
It is a true Italian restaurant. We had pasta, pizza, grilled seafood and desserts, everything was very tasty and cooked following the Italian traditional recipes.
I felt at home not only because of the Italian food, but also thanks to Lorenzo (the owner), that is very friendly and hospitable.
Wines come for a very reasonable price, being tax free (not like in the rest of Malaysia).
Next time I'll come to Langkawi I'll come back to have dinner at L'Osteria again.
Check also Brasserie, the other restaurant of Lorenzo, beautiful at lunch and dinner time because on the seaside of Pantai Cenang (the most famous beach in Langkawi)

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I ate here with my fiance on New Year's Eve. The place was pretty busy, yet the service was still very good. There is a lovely atmosphere and they have managed to create an Italian restaurant with quite an authentic feel. The menu was extensive and the food we ate tasted very good. We found the prices to be very reasonable and would definitely return here.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Great restaurant and good value for money. Homemade pasta was good and staff very helpful and friendly.