“loved the atmosphere”

Ranked #21 of 446 Restaurants in Langkawi
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Food was great and so was the company ( it's a sanctuary for cats and dogs). Some cats will come and greet you but are polite and won't bother when you eat. Great place and atmosphere.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I discovered Nam a few years ago and loved in then. This trip I stayed next door but ate at Nam. Umber ours times. The food is amazing, the staff are wonderful and really friendly and the ambience is wonderful. The Nonya Platter was a great way to experience traditional Malay food and was delicious. The local dessert platter was my absolute favorite, luved the sticky black rice in coconut cream, sooo good! I also had the seafood platter on another night which was huge and very tasty. Special thanx to Amy and her incredible Espresso Martini's. I ate lunch there only once when I was having a "quiet" day. The seafood stir fry noodles were wonderful and I found the atmosphere a perfect place to sit back and read while a monsoon storm passed thru. I'll see you all again next year!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had dinner here the other evening and it was wonderful.
I love the alfresco environment. It is not exactly on the beach, but the setting is perfect.
Service was excellent. They were very attentive and friendly. Not like the type of restaurants where you see their waiters are all plastered with a big fat smile on their face just for the sake, but the kind of genuine friendly smile that makes you feel that you're truly welcomed.
Food is needless to say perfect. We ordered a starter (don't quite remember the name), then had seafood platter and their char grilled lamb rack. Seafood was very fresh and the dip that accompanied it was delicious. Very Malaysian. While the lamb was very tender and juicy and again, love the gravy. My taste buds were exploding with all kind of flavours. We had desserts too, of their homemade raspberry and chocolate ice creams. Yum!
Yes, the portion is a bit small, but I guess that's meant to be like that so we get to try their starters and desserts.
Would definitely come back again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at this resort and dined there twice. We absolutely loved the nicoise tuna wrap at lunch. At dinner we ordered a seafood platter and the Malaysian tasting platter (the exact name escapes me). Both were very good but not stunning. It is a bit pricier than dining elsewhere nearby. The ambience and service are excellent.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I arrived on a rainy and very wet evening from my Black and White Suite over at Temple Tree, and I was blown away by the setting, the décor, and the view which reminded me so much of Dirty Duck in Bali. Very charming Balinese yet Malay kampong feel to the place. We had the complimentary cocktail at 7pm and proceeded to order dinner.

When they said it was expensive, they're not kidding. We had read rave reviews about the Nyonya platter but at RM74 (if I recall correctly), it was too steep for us to consider (being stingy folk we are). Since I was suffering a flu, I had a fish fillet on mashed potatoes. We waited for quite a while for the food, and when it came, I was kind of disappointed that the portions were not as big as we'd expect for the price. I can't really comment on taste since my taste buds (and nose) were faulty, but I didn't feel totally satisfied. My hubby had the local dessert which was interesting, but we both walked away telling ourselves that if the portions were bigger or the price wasn't a factor, we'd go back.