“Great Place!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great Place!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had dinner here the other evening and it was wonderful.
I love the alfresco environment. It is not exactly on the beach, but the setting is perfect.
Service was excellent. They were very attentive and friendly. Not like the type of restaurants where you see their waiters are all plastered with a big fat smile on their face just for the sake, but the kind of genuine friendly smile that makes you feel that you're truly welcomed.
Food is needless to say perfect. We ordered a starter (don't quite remember the name), then had seafood platter and their char grilled lamb rack. Seafood was very fresh and the dip that accompanied it was delicious. Very Malaysian. While the lamb was very tender and juicy and again, love the gravy. My taste buds were exploding with all kind of flavours. We had desserts too, of their homemade raspberry and chocolate ice creams. Yum!
Yes, the portion is a bit small, but I guess that's meant to be like that so we get to try their starters and desserts.
Would definitely come back again.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great lunch and very good dinner”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at this resort and dined there twice. We absolutely loved the nicoise tuna wrap at lunch. At dinner we ordered a seafood platter and the Malaysian tasting platter (the exact name escapes me). Both were very good but not stunning. It is a bit pricier than dining elsewhere nearby. The ambience and service are excellent.

Visited September 2013
Kuala Lumpur
“Great ambience, but wish portions were bigger”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I arrived on a rainy and very wet evening from my Black and White Suite over at Temple Tree, and I was blown away by the setting, the décor, and the view which reminded me so much of Dirty Duck in Bali. Very charming Balinese yet Malay kampong feel to the place. We had the complimentary cocktail at 7pm and proceeded to order dinner.

When they said it was expensive, they're not kidding. We had read rave reviews about the Nyonya platter but at RM74 (if I recall correctly), it was too steep for us to consider (being stingy folk we are). Since I was suffering a flu, I had a fish fillet on mashed potatoes. We waited for quite a while for the food, and when it came, I was kind of disappointed that the portions were not as big as we'd expect for the price. I can't really comment on taste since my taste buds (and nose) were faulty, but I didn't feel totally satisfied. My hubby had the local dessert which was interesting, but we both walked away telling ourselves that if the portions were bigger or the price wasn't a factor, we'd go back.

• Visited August 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Overrated in a great environment”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the restaurant that is part of the Bon Ton resort. Since we stayed there, we wanted to try it out, having heard so many good things about it ...

The part I like:
1) It's environment is stunning. This is a good example of how not having a beach front should not be an excuse to not have a great setting ... Bring your other half here for a romantic do, and you'll not go wrong!

The part I think they can do better:
1) Portions ... we ordered only the mains ... and they were .... SMALL.
2) Value for money - 2 mains, 1 non-alcoholic drink, 1 desert ... price after tax is nearly RM155 ... that's about US50! I don't think that's good value when you consider the portion is pretty small.

I think this place is good for a romantic occasion, and also when you want to splurge. Do expect to pay a lot, and do expect each serving to be in small portion ...

• Visited August 2013
Hobart, Australia
“Stunning venue,service and food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our dinner and cocktails were the best during our stay own the island. The food was superb and presented beautifully. The cocktails were innovative a delicious. Certainly not a cheap option but the quality of the food, presentation and service justify the higher prices.

We were also fortunate enough to be shown through some of their accommodation houses - which are a complete alternative to the standard resort style of accommodation. Our last night on the island and we are going back again.

• Visited July 2013