“Exquisite fusion of asian and european cuisine” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nam at Bon Ton

Nam at Bon Ton
Ranked #17 of 414 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Exquisite fusion of asian and european cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food is beautiful! We came back to Langkawi to have their food again, its that amazing.. Plus its secluded, relaxed, non assuming...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Heven for pet lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I went to Nam at Bon Tons resort and found a relaxed, homely feel restruant.
The restruant is looking over the back gardens and a small pond, with Pam trees swaying in the refreshing night air.
The staff are relaxed and happy and love to talk to you about anything, I never got the feeling I was being rushed.
This place is fantastic for people who are missing pets back home as cats walk around laying by your feet or if your a dog person infront of the bar the have a few dogs. This is a special place as the owner looks after and desexes stray cats and dogs then looks for new homes for them.
The food is amazing we had a mixed girl which had chicken tikka, lamb and beef kofta with two different dipping sauces. The meat was cooked perfectly and flavours not over powering. We also had BBQ chicken Brest with mango and cashew salad which had bold beautiful flavours. I must is the desert tasting chocolate plate and the local desert plate.
A must vist for anyone holidaying in langkawi for the food and to support the wonderful work they do for the animals of the island.

London, United Kingdom
“You will either love it or hate it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We quite liked it but would not return. It's a slightly bohemian and very characterful hotel and restaurant embracing an authentic Malaysian feel with rustic room huts alongside a river/mrashalnad adjacent to the airport. It exudes character but demands determination to enjoy its rustic charm. As a restaurant visitor the first things that strikes arethe plethorra of cats..infact cats everywhere. If you do not like cats stay awaty. I am used to cats in Langkawi but this is at a level of new extremes. There are several dogs too (tethered). Now what about the food. Well there are no frills here, the menu arrives on smudged plastic covered cards and the seats are rustic and uncomfortable. The cocktail drinks are small. The staff are very casual in attire, so dress down. The food was very tasty and the pudding especially so. So it was an experience. We have had it. Try and see. We will not be back but it's an experience!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ballina, Australia
“Fabulous good, peaceful place and lots of cats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

WE absolutely loved this place. Its got the rescued cats wandering around, fabulous food, great service and the most peaceful atmosphere. We went there 3 times during our stay. They are happy to serve you a drink in their chalet over the pond which was so relaxing, its the most peaceful I've felt in a while. These people care about the animals and have a shelter for all sorts of animals as well. There apparently is over 200 cats they look after. So eat at this restaurant as its very very good. You can also stay here in their resort which has original Malay huts with all the mod cons. A rectangular pool like the Bali one's and then you have this restaurant at your doorstop. If we go back to Langkawi we will stay here

Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent food at an excellent setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The first time I was here in 2008 and was just captivated by the food, the surroundings. I knew I had to come back! So in 2013, I came back and brought my family and my husband's family from the US as well. They fell in love as quickly as I did. We got there around 6.30pm so we could enjoy the sunset and just walked around the hotel. It was also the only time my guests got to see a traditional Malay house (although they were refurbished).

The cocktails and juices were amazing. And the food platters were just DELICIOUS. I would describe the food as a fusion blend of the best flavors in southeast Asia with a little bit of Mediterranean flavors as well. The Nyonya Platter was my favorite. My guests just loved the calamari and had to order a second serving! The seafood platter and vegetable platter are highly recommended too.

• Visited February 2013