All reviews butler service pool suite lobster omelette iridium spa bmw series pantai grill sunset villa kayuputi restaurant head butler taittinger champagne l orangerie man made lagoon water restaurant concierge team low tide airport lounge sunset drinks
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Came here for a rest and break from city life. Without a doubt, the rooms and facilities are top notch, but need to improve on a few aspects
1) staff: most of the staff here are great, but my first lunch here was somewhat ruined by a polite but unfortunately reeked of cigarette smell staff. Instant put off especially being a non smoker.
2) wasn't too impressed by the reaction of the staff who picked my phone call to ask the Housekeeping to do up my room. Bordering on being rather curt.
3) breakfast variety was great and the high quality ingredients compensate for the otherwise not the best cooked breakfast I have had from other 5 / 6 stars hotels that I have stayed in. Having had awesome brunches in other St. Regis before, I expected more really...

Hopefully these small details will be addressed soon.

Thumbs up to the head butler, Sulaiman and the luxurious rooms here.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank sglilin
Reviewed June 3, 2017

We had a wonderful experience staying for a long weekend. We have also stayed at a few other St. Regis hotels and this was one of our favorites. Overall service was spectacular and the food was great. All of the hotel staff were excellent including the servers in L'Orangerie, the bartender (great gin bar), concierge and butler. The hotel manager and chef were also friendly and were out and about engaging with us and other guests.

Room tip: Loved our pool suite
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sweetpea1000
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

St Regis Langkawi is definitely near the top of places my travels have taken me. From the arrival at the airport they take great care of their guests. I was picked up in a beautiful white Bentley and driven directly to my Sunset Villa. What can I say about the room? It was beautifully appointed and the staff made sure to personalize it by arranging for a nice birthday welcome cake. The finishes in the villa were high quality and the room was nicely maintained. It was dark out when I arrived, so I was not able to enjoy the view til morning...But when I saw it I fell in love. The view was well worth it. In all transparency, the water at this part isn't the pretty blue you'll find at other spots on the island, but the service definitely makes The St. Regis stand out. You can still enjoy the pool and sea from your villa. I took advantage of the pool each day. I didn't jump in the sea and I regret it...next time.

Shin Yee was my personal butler and she was amazing! She made the stay all the more memorable. Each evening before she left she always left and note and a treat to enjoy. I could get used to that.

The breakfast buffet was another hit with me. More food than one needs, but hey it's vacation. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet after an early morning workout in the well equipped health center or tennis at the neighboring Westin each day. Try the lobster omelet.

Tip: Since the Westin in right next door, chose to use the restaurants at the St. Regis and the Westin to give me more variety in dining options. I never left the resort for food.

I was sad to leave the St. Regis but it's left an impression on me and I'll definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank doctofer
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

From the airport pick up in a Bentley and BMW 7 series to the warm welcome and cocktail upon arrival set the president of the whole weekend at the hotel - we were gratefully upgraded to a pool spa beach front villa which was fantastic the rooms the bedroom, bathroom and pool area we excellent - we had our own butler who couldn't do enough for us, breakfast was outstanding amazing choices of buffet and menu dishes - just perfect - we also had a couples spa in site which was a beautiful setting but not the best massage etc we have had but the surroundings again were gorgeous - room service was efficient but food not brilliant sadly but that's our only complain - my pictures say it all - I will recommend and come back again as Super close to Singapore our home country x

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank TracieFitzpatrick
Reviewed June 2, 2017

I had a very bad experience staying in The St. Regis Langkawi. I stay for one night in their Pool suite before my actual wedding day at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa.

At first, I and my husband would like to have our beach wedding at The St. Regis Langkawi instead of The Westin. I send my inquiry about the wedding proposal in the month of Nov 2015, I got replied from Marzura within the same week and said will get back to me soonest possible, but however, I only received call and email from Phyliis by end Jan 2016. Phyliis is nice and she did apologize the lateness of reply. I signed The Westin Langkawi wedding package by Dec 2015 before The St. Regis manage to contact me back.

To fulfill my earliest disappointment, I decided to move out from The Westin Langkawi 1 day prior of my wedding day to experience the stay and the services of The St. Regis Langkawi, meantime, I also take the opportunity to capture my morning wedding portrait in this resort. To be honest, the resort is extraordinary beautiful! And, I love very much of its surrounding, the beach, the walkway, the resort itself is amazing. But what make us disappointed? This almost ruin my wedding plan on the next day! And, is causes a delay to my evening wedding ceremony.

After we check-in, the butler escort us to our room, we are really impress with its room setting and the pool in the garden, the garden can directly access to the beach. Bathroom is nice and spacious. Beds are comfortable and big as usual St. Regis hotel. Everything in the room is perfect! After a while, we explain our stay requirement and due to our wedding, we hope they can set up some wedding props that how St. Regis Kuala Lumpur did for us (I have another wedding in KL at the same month). I show him the photos and discuss the possibility of the wedding deco. He give an empty promise and never turn out with any pieces of our request. I do hope he can be honest to inform us if the deco or props cannot be done, instead of let us down without informed!

In the morning, we request in-room breakfast dining, the breakfast should be ready in our room by 630am, however, by 7am our breakfast has not been sending anyway? We tried to call the butler several times, only then manage to get them. The breakfast at last served by 735am. The breakfast choice are great, foods are fresh and nice.

I also request butler to send few cups of coffee to my room, but the coffee never coming? Awhile, my husband call to request the wine glasses again, after 3 called, he is tired to try, and my turn to call, and eventually the glasses send to us after 15 minutes. Upon check out, we called concierge and butler to assist on our luggage and checking out. I had a late checkout due to your staff did not promptly attend to our services. I need to return to The Westin Langkawi to prepare for my wedding ceremony in the evening by 1pm. But I only managed to checkout by 2pm? Because your staff keep me waiting for checking out, I waited for 1.5 hours in the room just to pick up my luggage to checkout. Eventually, my ceremony in The Westin has causes a huge delay. If I purely come for a leisure, I guess there’s no problem for late checkout, however I can’t imagine if I rushing for a flight? I hope management can see this seriously and improve the services.

Overall, I would said that the Resort itself worth excellent (5) rating, I given Poor (2) rating to the services. I would come back again if the service improve.

Date of stay: December 2016