“Great food, friendly staff....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Al Yemen Restaurant
Ranked #318 of 545 Restaurants in Langkawi
Reviewed February 22, 2015

Went to the Al Yemen while on vacation in Langkawi. Great food, tried both Indian and Arabic cuisine, and both were delicious. Soup was delicious, as was the hummus. Convenient location, and the staff was very friendly and fun to chat with. Prices were a little pricey, but right in line with every other restaurant in the area, and the food seemed to be more expensive everywhere on Langkawi. Will go again, and would recommend, both for the food and the friendly staff!

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed February 20, 2015

On our trip we tried this restaurant,we ordered grilled fish with Arabic salad and humus,fish was really nice we never eat before like this Arabic style food,fish was grilled in tandoor enoghu for couple or two,as we tried other Arabic restaurants also but compare to other restaurants food was really delicious and fresh.
Price was also good compare to other restaurant as they serve large portion and staff very friendly,

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed February 1, 2015

The place was empty and there were four guys (two were definitely staff, not sure about the other two) who were just hanging around outside. We went in because we're really hungry and Arabic food sounds nice.

The food was actually really good and the serving was quite big. I had lamb kebab, my husband got chicken kebab, then a soda for each. When we got to paying, the guy at the counter charged us MYR 67. I looked at the handwritten receipt, which was facing him, and it said: lamb kebab - 30, chicken kebab - 25, drinks - 6. That's only MYR 61. So I asked him, "Why 67?" Then the guy was just like, "Okay okay. 66 okay." I didn't want to argue mostly because I didn't want any trouble; the place was empty and there's four of them and two of us. I knew I shouldn't have but I reluctantly gave him 66 anyway.

When we left, I told my husband that I felt shafted. Apparently he didn't know what was going on. He didn't know that's it's supposed to be 61, not 67. I wonder how many times they've done this to other tourists, who, like my husband, just go and pay without making sure it's the right amount. My husband did say it might be tax... but I still had my doubts. Other restaurants had legit receipts.

If you're craving for Arabic and/or Indian food in Langkawi, there are loads of other and safer options. Unfortunately, this was our first meal there.

Date of visit: January 2015