“Not really the Best”
Review of Malibest Resort

Malibest Resort
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed August 1, 2013

It wasn't by choice as we would first see the room and then book it but we got off from the airport at around 9 pm and there was not much time plus our feet were hurting from an excursion from Srilanka that we booked the hotel from a travel agent right outside the airport. She told us its in the center of Langkawi, and the view from the hotel room is amazing as it is sea facing. I however was reluctant to take the risk but didn't have much choice.
when we reached we got a room like hut across the road, so it was not beach facing, although the has other beach facing rooms. The area was 20 steps away from road but not very brightly lit ... with lizards crawling.
I had doubt about the bed that it was perfectly clean, didn't like the wash room much as the toilet seat shower had cap missing ... so i wasn't completely sure of the cleanliness of the two most important places the bed and the room! and they did even offer breakfast although its always charged extra and having a restaurant and not offering is lose in business and a little rude.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I first book this hotel through its website. In the website, I booked for the room that it mentioned facing road. When I first reached the hotel, the hotel staff informed me that I can park my car on the other side of the road. The staff said the car can park in front of our room. Then only I found out the room is not near the beach, but is opposite of the road. However, it is still just a walking distance to the beach.

First enter the room, I can feel the floor is oily and slippery. It was not properly cleaned. The room overall condition is just average. However, it worth the price that we paid because of its location.

Room Tip: Better double confirm with the hotel if you really want to stay at the beach side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LovingHubby
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for my anniversary. 1st night the aircon was dripping the whole night,my grandson's bed was wet to the skin.2nd night toilet overflowed.2nd and 3rd days no towels were changed. I wonder whether the beddings were changed!Except for the beach which is clean and has white sand. If your children are playing on the beach,beware of the giant 4wheel pickups and scooters, they are a nusiance for beach users. Beach boys can very rude. You have to pay RM10/- for the usage of deck chairs, even if you are registered guest - real ripoff!. I would not recommend this hotel toany of my friends or any tourists.

Room Tip: Nothing good to add.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank moon4906
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked deluxe wooden in Malibest resort for 2 night.. The location is ok, it's located on beach, near to restaurant n shopping place.. The one I disappointed was room cleanliness.. The room was sandy, when I stepped in room, the floor was sandy, even my bed also a bit sandy.. Second day after the cleaner cleaned my room, my room still sandy, it's not made by me.. I was very uncomfortable with sandy room..

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank greentea999
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel has the perfect location which is right in the heart of Pantai Cenang. It is surrounded by activity, right where the action is. Just step out the door and there you find food, shopping, and even the most amazing chill-out beach bar just a few steps away.
I was a tad disappointed that I did not get the beach front room, however, and was shown across the road to albeit larger rooms, but not on the sands. I was not aware that there was a different section of Malibest when booking online and had assumed that all it's rooms were on the beach. The room that I was in was quite large but the bathroom left much to be desired. The shower was extremely weak and lukewarm, the towels provided were stringy and old, and I kept expecting something to crawl out of the gaping drainpipe.
However, the beds were very comfortable and the air-conditioning worked perfectly. The fridge was dead though.
All in all, a pleasant place and good for group holidays.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mimi K
Reviewed July 14, 2013

As I read in other reviews, the problems I faced look quite common.
Let's say that the location is great and also the room we booked (the tree house) was nice.
What really pissed me off is the management: I booked it first for a weekend in May. Due to some unpredictable working events, I had to change the booking.
It looked like the most difficult thing to get: they didn't want to cancel my booking refunding the down payment (it was asked more than 3 weeks before the booked date) - fine as it is their company policy - but they didn't even want to change my booking to a different date !! In their opinion, or accordingly to their policy, I should have lost the non refundable/non amendable booking and pay again for the new dates.
I started sending emails clarifying that this policy is unfair and goes against any law/any hotel policy in the world and I promised them a negative review here on Tripadvisor.
After my comments they did a special amendment, only for this time, and we changed our travel dates.

When I have got there last weekend I did not expect to be in a 5 star hotel, but I was expecting at least a basic service.
On Saturday morning the people came to knock the door at 9.10 am for cleaning the room. Something like this never happened to me in any of the single hotels I have been staying around the world (I travel every single week of the year for work): how come that people come to wake you up at 9.10 am on Saturday, when you are on holiday ??!!
I could not even put the "please do not disturb" board at the door handle because.... it wasn't there....
Anyway after I told these ladies to come back later, we woke up, left the hotel without having breakfast - as it didn't look so good - and we went out for all the day.
When we came back at night time, room was exacting as we left it, not cleaned.

We did not complain as it is pointless, we just checked out and left: we tried to talk with the people at the desk many times in the past (I live in Kuala Lumpur and I have a friend who lives in Langkawi, I go there at least 10 times every year) but they do not know how to treat guests and how to manage problems or also not ordinary questions.

Last but not least, it is not cheap. 260 Ringgit means 65 Euro per night. Ok it is the most expensive room in the hotel but it should be priced half. 30/35 Euro per room per night would be fine, but 65 just for a bed and a bathroom is a waste.
The problem in Langkawi is that the nice places are very expensive and the middle priced ones are very basic.

Anyway I will not go there anymore.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank renatooo82
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Regular customer, although it is not luxury environment but it locate at the good spot in Langkawi. The resort beach area is beautiful and clean. Due to locate at the beach-front, room is sandy cause of ourselves! Water heater and air-condition are provided.

Room Tip: Good spot in Langkawi
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family