“skybridge is not accessible”
Review of Langkawi Sky Cab

$94.90*
Private Tour: Island Hopping in Langkawi Including Cable Car
Ranked #1 of 95 things to do in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: Panorama Langkawi is located on the southwest coast of Langkawi island. The cable car ride will bring you all the way up to about 708 meters above sea level. This journey covers a total distance of 2.2 km linking the Base Station at the foothill of Machinchang mountain to Top Station at the mountain summit & to the SkyBridge.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Entry was about 30 Ringit.
Arriving at the top we had to determine that the skybridge is closed!
It was very annoying cause nobody told us! We asked the staff and they old us that it is closed about one year and they do not know for how long.

So the trip takes for us just about 1 hour.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,591)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend & I highly recommend the cable car ride in Langkawi. The views of Langkawi, some of its islands and the sea coast are just beautiful. It is very serene and peaceful at the top....of course there will always be some people that say it's nothing spectacular but if you enjoy 360 degree views on top of a mountain then this is for you. I also read that this is the steepest cable car in the world - so to say you have been on the steepest cable car ride in the world is something special if you ask me. It is a very smooth ride even though it does get steep just before you arrive/leave the Middle Station. And I disagree with a recent previous reviewer who says to not stop at the Middle Station - if you're going to go on this ride, of course you want to take the time time to stop at the Middle Station for views as well as the Top Station for other views. There is a place to buy some snacks and ice cream at the Top Station and each cable car fits four adults comfortably in my opinion.
The Skybridge was closed for maintenance during my visit in mid February 2013. I'm not sure when they will open it back up but you may want to call in advance if this was one of your planned intentions.
If you'd like to see some pictures and video footage I took you can take a look at my personal blog link here: http://www.karenlaw.ca/2013/03/vacation-cable-car-in-langkawi-malaysia.html

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Well worth going, it's a one off experience, probably the best thing on the island..! "For me anyway" it's a little expensive compared to other attractions, but you must remember the upkeep.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The cable car was the top attraction in Langkawi for us, you get to take in the beautiful surroundings, what a view! It was really amazing.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Even though the cable car sounds like a tourist trap, it's well worth the visit because of the stunning views from the top.

And the oriental village around the cable car station actually has some nice options for a lunch as well.

But otherwise the village is as kitschy as you might expect: "a 6D cinema" and shops selling the usual stuff you can find on any tourist attraction.