“Cable Car in Langkawi”

$105.00*
Private Half-Day Tour: Enchanting Langkawi
Ranked #1 of 95 things to do in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: Panorama Langkawi is located on the southwest coast of Langkawi island. The cable car ride will bring you all the way up to about 708 meters above sea level. This journey covers a total distance of 2.2 km linking the Base Station at the foothill of Machinchang mountain to Top Station at the mountain summit & to the SkyBridge.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Cable Car is amazing entertainment within not so big island. I recommend going there in a sunny day to enjoy with spectacular view of Langkawi!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

A few days after the ride, I was looking it up on the internet to send a link to a friend and discovered that this adventure is listed in the group of "the scariest rides in the world"... the actual cable is very long and you do feel that you are literally "swinging in the wind" even though the day I was there the winds hadn't "kicked up yet"...
I did not know until I got to the top of the stairs to start the wait to go on the ride that there was a VIP "cut thru the line go all the way to the cars" section. My guide for the day had bought my ticket for me and I was not with him so did not have the chance to pay for the VIP treatment. So when you go, if it is not too much more--and especially if you have a full day of sightseeing like I did--it would be WELL worth your while to pay the extra to jump to the head of the line. I think I spent about 45 mins inching along the waiting maze to get on the ride. Sure if you have the time, the wait is fodder for interesting people watching!!! but I sure would have like to spend those 45 minutes up at the top and getting on with my day.
When I went the path from the first level across into the mountains was barricaded, but if it is open it looks interesting to walk across and over... I traveled by myself, so it was worth the 30 Ringitts to get the Promo Papparazzi shot they take of you as you are entering the cable car. Hard to get pics of yurself right at that moment when you are in a car with 5 other strangers!!!
I would say this is a must see and do in Langkawi!!!!.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Cable car offer great view to Langkawi island. When we went there we were excepting huge lines. But surprisingly place was really quiet and peaceful. Maybe we had good luck. Personnel were very friendly to us.

Remember to take sunscreen and camera with you!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

It's definitely worth it to go up there to get a breathtaking view of the islands of Langkawi, but to be honest, the ride up there was a bit scary. It might be counterintuitive but If you think you might get scared, I found that it helped to get a seat looking down (towards to the water/islands) not up (towards the mountain/cliff).

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really enjoyed the cable car experience and would recommend it to others. The reason I did not give this a 5 star rating is because this place gets so busy from really early on in the day which pushed us to opt for the Express Lane option (which cost us 3 times the normal entry ticket price). Also, the Sky Bridge was out of order for maintenance which was a little disappointing but nonetheless, it was well worth it.

The Express Lane (RM 90 per person) give you immediate access to a cable car which means you don't have to line up (we went the day before but left when one of the employees told us that it was about a 2 hour wait to get to the top). You get a tour guide which made it all the more personable. We were really lucky with the weather - clear blue skies and not overly windy which made the view even better. The tour guide we had (I think his name is Hazril, was very nice and full of interesting information), really enhanced our cable car experience.

One thing to remember, as you get on the cable car, one of the staff will ask if you would like your photo taken just before the door shuts, I would say yes but the reason I am mentioning this is so you are prepared and make sure you give a good pose because as soon as you "land" at the base station, they will present you the photo they took in a snow globe and a fancy souvenir envelope thingy - the cost is RM 65 for these two things which seems like a bit of a rip off but I think its nice to have as a souvenir.